For the people doesnt count as healing?

Options

Was trying to do this challenge. It literally says heal in the description.

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,289
    Options

Its not healing, its equivalent exchange

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,401
    Options

"Press the active ability button to instantly heal them"

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

The funny thing is, I was playing Freddy the other day, and I ran Nurse's Calling. Apparently waking up counts as a healing action, because I saw their aura whenever they did it.

How does waking up count as healing, but using For The People doesn't? I want my WGLF stacks when I use For The People.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118
    Options

Yeah its weird...Also I didn't know too for freddy wake up action. I don't play him much but almost always run NC and never see someone Wake up with. Its like I always wondered why NC don't work on mending (wich is consider by the game as a heal since even Inner Strengh healing consider it a health state).

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,289
    Options

But you become broken

Gross healing 1, Taxing on your character 1

Net Healing 0 just equivalent exchange

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Sounds like a bad inconsistency regarding how they define terms. The healing action awards BP based on the ticks that happen as the meter fills; For the People just straight-up exchanges a health state, so there is no meter-filling and hence no reward. The under-the-hood mechanic ought to be a "fill the healing meter immediately and apply Broken to the other player" deal, but it sounds like that's not how it works.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Those challenges don't count any sort of "insta" heal. You can't use a syringe to heal someone and you can't use For The People. Yes For The People counts as healing, but not for those challenges.

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    edited February 2021
    Options

Yeah, probably the code in this perk just tells the server to set that Survivor health state to *advance one health state*. Would be cool if it worked.

It also won't work with Second Win since obivous you didn't "charged" it with a healing bar. It should work on my opinion, could be a cool build to use.