Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you feel

When you finish a match just to find out that the other players were screwed over by matchmaking? E.g. if you're a red rank survivor and you find out that the killer was a yellow rank playing against 3-4 red ranks, or if you're a red rank killer just to find out that you were playing against 4 low rank survivors (or alternatively, you were playing against 1-2 red rank survivors with low rank survivors on their team)

Because I personally keep getting matched against red rank killers in solo queue just to find out that my teammates are all yellow rank, I just want to know how my opposition feels when they see this.

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

If I'm a survivor and I find out that my team completely mindf*cked a brown - green ranked killer, I feel terrible. It isn't my fault but situations like that is what makes killers either stop playing DBD or never hop on killer again. You'd think the experience would be already infuriating with players of their skill level, but red ranks? Awful.

If I'm a killer that hasn't played in awhile & got a rank reset, I'll definitely feel irritated but at the same time relieved that my *ss got kicked by people who are higher ranks than me rather than my own rank. I used to be a red rank killer when I played killer a ton, and it is exhausting to keep up with red rank survivors so now I just hop on whenever & tend not to care too much about my rank.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

As killer, I'll often pull back and play much less aggressively if I can tell the survivors are low rank. I feel bad when one of them dies accidentally because no one rescued them.

As survivor, I feel bad to find out the killer was some brand new rank 20. If I never see them all match, I can't judge their skill, but if they chase me and I manage to elude them for more than 20 seconds then I know they're extremely new and I'll often let myself die in the end.

I don't BM, so at least I never have to feel guilty about that, but even just winning against unskilled players doesn't feel like an accomplishment at all. It feels more like matchmaking turned me into a way to punish others for playing the game.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Pretty bad. I know how much it sucks for someone to get completely mismatched and put in a hopeless battle, so i'll usually try to do my part to make things a little better.

If i'm a survivor and I notice the killer's babey, i'll usually just slow down on gens, focus on chests, totems, the like. I don't want to turn it into a 1v3 necessarily since that ain't fair to my fellow survivors, but I don't wanna just pump gens like a tournament game.

If i'm a killer, i'll pretend to be way worse when chasing baby survivors. I'll act like a horror movie monster. Taking corners wide, swinging and barely missing, pretending to lose them before picking up the scent again, make sure they have an actual.. y'know, game.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I feel screwed when I have to play with purple ranks as a rank 1 survivor.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I guess it's a compromise between fast queue times and good matchmaking. I wish there was an option to tweak your preferences or something similar like some games have.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,093
    edited February 2021

I don't feel very good, as a Killer it isn't rewarding to know that you destroyed a bunch of low rank Survivors, the same as a Survivor, it's not much fun to destroy a Killer that doesn't know what they're doing...

This is a game I played like an hour ago.

I feel pretty bad.

• Skullgrind
    Skullgrind Member Posts: 118

I feel bad. Often it's pretty obvious in game when you see Survivors who don't know how the Killer's power works or tactics to counter it.

BUT you gotta learn somehow I guess?

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

When i play survivor and i see that the killer is not the best, im still trying my best. Bc most of the time that means my teammates are low rank too. When i realize my team is good i stop doing gens for a while. (at 1-2 gens left) But i still give the killer no easier chase.

When i play killer i sometimes try stupid things. But when this happens three times in a row, i just end it quick.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I heard of some killers that feel bad when they see that they are against new players and they let them have the hatch or stuff like that. I do the exact opposite, i try to make them depip so we don't ######### up the matchmaking even more and hopefully don't see each other until our skill level is similar.