Survivors are toxic AF in solo Q

Options

So I played 2 matches as survivor today solo because I dont have friends that are interested in the game anymore.

1st one I did great, unhooked quite a bit, took hits, did 3 gens. I was left to die before first hook, luckily she slugged me and hatch spawned on me.

2nd game same thing I did 3 gens 1 with someone 2 alone, cleansed her ruin and another hex didnt bother to check which, I saved all 3 of em at least 4 rescues, did a few 360's that worked got hit, went for window vault and she hits me trough window across the ######### field, 20ping so it was definetely her lag...on my first hook they just dip....

I figure I shouldnt leave them so I go for saves but every ######### time I play ######### like that happens and I'm left behind, every ######### time....

There is literaly 0 point in playing this game as a survivor, if no one else can play as a team, I can literaly count on one hand how many good teamates I had...

Comments

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Region, rank and time of the day affects the quality of solo teammates.

Playing in the morning feels like playing a different game. Most of my teams know what they're doing and escaping feels fairly easy most of the time.

Playing at night however feels like most of my teams consist of sleepy people who aren't even motivated to try their best.

Not sure if that's solely my experience but I have stopped playing solo survivor at night since I noticed that crazy difference.

Solo survivor only in the morning for me from now on.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Solo Q can be the most miserable experience on this game.

I see a lot of people saying how Killer is worse, and it can be against SWF, but have those people played survivor solo? Sometimes it feels like it is a 1v5.

• Epsydra
    Epsydra Member Posts: 89
    Options

You really didn't understand the game. It's every man for himself. This is nothing new.

• Marigoria
    Options

If it is every man for himself why dont you all just go and play a custom game and do a 1v1, i'm sure that will be an amazing experience.

• Marigoria
    Options

Not even sleepy people, I'm at red ranks and at night I wait 10 minutes for a match only to get 15-20 rank team mates. They always are on different platforms as well. I think the game just can't find another solo rank 20 so it puts me there instead.

In the morning I have the same experience, matchmaking actually works and the wait time is instant.

• Epsydra
    Options

You are a survivor, not a hero. You are normally with three other people whom you do not know and with whom you cannot chat. It is literally the lore of the game. You are the prey of the Entity, subjected to a bloodthirsty killer. You are supposed to cooperate only to keep yourself alive.

But I understand, it's so much easier and more fun to play in assisted mode (SWF), to ridicule the killer, to have no challenges and, above all, not to have to learn to play.

SoloQ is difficult? Git gud.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Exactly - I (almost) forgot about the awful matchmaking at night making things even worse. New-ish survivors, sleepy teammates who are often afk or giving up on hook and the only other red rank besides me is the killer lol. Needless to say those matches will be one sided so playing solo at night is just a waste of time imo.

• Epsydra
    Options

Red rank.

I survive 80% of my games.

You just don't know how to adapt. Your teammates suck? Figure it out. There is a trap door, if only you are left, and lots of ways to make it easier to access. Otherwise, we must try to open the doors despite the rounds of the killer. And yes, you won't survive every time. That's the game.

So: git gud.

• Epsydra
    Options

I don't need thousands of hours to prove to myself that I understand the game better than you do. Either way, it's ridiculous of you to put your playing time forward and desperately try to demean me.

You are proof that hardly anyone knows how to play without SWF.

You're so used to having dozens of second chances against the killer that you come to cry when he becomes a threat.

Yep, you won't always have someone saving you with a palette, sabotage, or flashlight.

Yeah, your allies might not have BT and DS.

Yeah, your allies might not be able to escape the killer.

Etc.

Stop playing around in front of the killer, and then you will survive. I've never played SWF and I'm doing great.

• Thiccness123
    Thiccness123 Member Posts: 16
    Options

From my experience this depends what rank your playing at , if your in the 20 - 10 bracket along with those other survivors a lot of them are either new , don't understand or are genuinely bad at the game. This leaves them to not fully understand how unhooking helps your chances of escape as a team not just individually.

I would recommend if you are solo Q to run maybe 1 or 2 intel perks that helps your team see or realise the potential for assisting a hook save and if they need to get on it because no one else is. for example bond or kindred (kindred I find helps people to realise the situation of the game at that time and if the killer is close to the hook.

In reference to your post it seems you had a couple of bad games in a row with a couple of unsavoury team mates and I understand how that feels like you most of my friends have dropped off from playing the game as of late as they were not too impressed with the new chapters and changes to the game. You have to make the best of a bad situation and expect that it is harder solo Q because you won't have that communication or assistance of an SWF lobby. In one of your comments you said were red rank and that's good man I'm stuck around rank 5. It's the roll of the dice sometimes you get a good teammate set who gets hook saves can be in chase for a while and allow gens to be completed but 70% of the time your gonna have at least 1 teammate who is either genuinely bad or doesn't know what they are doing and that's just how the game is.

It isn't a case of "get good" or run DS and BT it's just how the game goes. I run kindred because it helps my team understand the scenario at that time when it comes to unhooking and if anyone is on their way to help me. A trail is a collection of events or scenarios e.g. 1 hooked , 2 on gen , 1 in chase. If everyone can see those scenarios better then it helps get across what they can do to help much faster.

Best of luck in the future

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Leaving you behind isnt toxic. Are we just claiming eveythings toxic nowadays. Open a chest - toxic. Do a dull totem - toxxxxcic.

You got left behind, happens to us all. We move on.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

Thats not even funny ur the only one calling normal things like opening a chest and cleansing a dull totem toxic...

Ur just trying to get a rise out of people, stop being so toxic

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

People getting left behind is a normal thing and certainly not 'toxic' as you claim. Good day to you.

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153
    Options

Survivor queues as they are now, having 1 or 2 bad games might be all it takes. I’m having second thoughts about this game as I play it too. It seems to reward cowardly behaviour, survivors not taking aggro, wearing dark colours and blending all game, unhooking and then hiding, sandbagging teammates. This is actually how survivors win and escape. Not many people can actually survive long enough in a chase, so they just hide all game.

Doesn’t seem like fun for the killer or survivor. But that’s just my opinion I guess.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

swf treat solos just as bad as they use killers often actually, swf hurts both

• Marigoria
    Options

100% agree, that's why I said that sometimes it feels like it is a 1v5, you against the killer AND your team mates, specially if they're in a 3men SWF.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Filthy console survivors! Bow to us PC Master Race.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

The only one trying to demean people here is you.

(And me you filthy console peasants).

You jump into this thread flapping your 80% survival rate epenis and go around critiizing people for "proving themselves." Oh the irony. Dwight would be proud you are using his perk.

• talama
    talama Member Posts: 13
    Options

No you don't survive 80% of your games. You are just another salty killer main that thinks every loss comes from a sweaty swf instead of taking his own advice and gettig gud.

• Epsydra
    Options

Wow.

It cannot survive without SWF and it gives lessons. Amazing community.

I'm not crying on SoloQ while I wait.

• Marigoria
    edited February 2021
    Options

Maybe you shouldn't call people "it" and assume they "can't survive" just because they're stating a fact that solo Q can be a miserable experience, specially when paired with team mates like you.

I obviously can survive if I'm at red ranks, doesn't make it less frustrating.

Edit: Typo

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Definitely! I was playing against a 2 man Russian SWF team. The other guy and myself were playing solo.

The Russians both had Breakout and did no gens the whole game, just followed each other as they went down and taking hits, making them go down merely a few seconds later. I kill myself on hook, cause I didn't wanna play that game and spectate. The second solo survivor was being stealthy, but had done 2 gens by herself (I did 1 and the two other 0), one of the Russians died and was clearly telling his partner where the solo was, cause he kept leading the killer to them, killing himself and the poor random survivor at the same time. In endgame chat they said, "the random deserved to die for playing stealthy".

• Epsydra
    Options

There are some games that will be awful, either. So what ? Seriously ? Are you so used to consistently winning in SWF that you can't bear to lose a game?

Especially since in the red ranks, the teammates know how to save you with the flashlight, know how to flee the killer, know how to destroy totems, use good advantages, etc. For the vast majority.

Stop crying for nothing, I can't take it anymore. It never goes with you, no wonder the game is doing so badly if the developers aren't sure what to do to make you happy.

I am a 50/50 player. I play as much survivor as killer. Always in SoloQ, never in SWF. Am I going to create yet another subject to cry on? No.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

"The random deserved to die for not wasting time dancing around the killer and being one of the only two doing generators trying to escape" and they wonder why nobody wants to play with them lol.

• Curveballer
    Curveballer Member Posts: 27
    Options

Send me a friend request i will always rescue you. Curveball#9318 is my ingame name

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

As a nearly pure solo survivor yeah i can be toxic depending on what you are doing.

Like this is a team based game but if you are being dumb or trolling i'll let you die after all i don't get points for your survival.

I had a player sandbag me once without BT then he teabagged when the killer ignored him to down me and i juked the killer into shack and they gave up on me since they knew i would be troublesome and went after the sandbagger, i did the same to him as he did to me but i also body blocked him to get him downed and i let him die on the hook since i could just do the last gen and escape even tho i was like 20 meters from him.

don't mess with solo's we don't care if you or even if everyone else dies, play well and we'll often do the same.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

What rank are you playing at/your teammates? What region are you in? At red rank, its pretty rare for my teammates to leave me to die on first hook. Most of the time I am saved.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

Sorry, but this sentiment is the most stupid and dismissive thing I've read on here recently, and you clearly sound like someone who doesn't play solo q often, if at all.

While most of your points are actually valid, the fact that you don't realize/won't acknowledge how ######### of a state solo q is in currently speaks volumes to your bias.

• Epsydra
    Options

I don't care if you don't believe me.

It's so much easier to cry a lie than to accept that some people get to have fun and survive where you don't.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

I play it in solo and as killer. I normally run a team build as survivor with kindred and borrow time. I usually get the good,the bad and the alright for both sides.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

This. Morning/day or during week (not holidays) get way better teammates than nights/weekends/holidays.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited February 2021
    Options

Bro since you're so cracked let's see some video of you in Solo Q. I'd be willing to put my left nut on the fact you're the type of player to sit and let your team die while you hide in a corner.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

I do that. My typical solo Q build is always left behind and a key. I play killer like 95% of the time though.

I played one game of survivor yesterday. My teammates were rank 3, rank 12, and rank 16 respectively. I’m currently at rank 5 because I don’t play enough survivor but have been rank 1. The killer was a rank 4 hag.

The rank 16 was dead in under 3 minutes, the rank 12 followed shortly after. She was trying to hide behind bushes while injured with no iron will.

The killer had ruin undying so barely any gens got done as I was crouching around saving people.

The last guy got found and hooked and I just let him die and grabbed the hatch out.

Absolute garbage matchmaking and I can hardly stand to waste my time playing borderline unwinnable games. I’d rather just play killer.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

Funny the group I play with always have the opposite effect the solo Q person is nearly always a selfish player. Hook bombs, dropping the killer on you, crouching on the edge of the map not doing gens.

• Epsydra
    Options

So, based on your arguments, either we play SWF or we play our game hidden in a bush. Rather, it's up to me to ask myself how you play.

I have wasted enough time on this subject. Keep crying on the SoloQ as much as you want, I have no problem with it.

By the way, go also cry on the NOED, on Spirit, Nurse, DH, DS, BT, etc.

This community can only cry anyway.

• Allhel1
    Allhel1 Member Posts: 56
    Options

Most survivors I’m teamed with that aren’t friends tend to just selfish or noobs. Personally I’ve always gone by the no man left behind ideology but with the camping ways of most of the killer I see now a days it usually ends with all of us on hooks

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited February 2021
    Options

Can't speak for others but when I play solo we're only teammates until the exit gates are powered. There's too many ways a teammate can screw you over for endgame plays in solo queue.

That said if a survivor who has been a great teammate or saved me at some point I'll try to repay the favor.

• deadbyhitbox
    Options

Whatever you say Bush wookie. Keep doing literally nothing all game and saying "sOlo Q diFfiCulT? GiT Gud" to others after you escape with your 8k points.

• Epsydra
    edited February 2021
    Options

Continue, it makes me laugh :'D

Let me guess ...

You must be the kind of survivor who insults an entire eight-generation lineage in the end chat because no one came to save you from a facecamp + NOED killer, right?

You're adorable.

The human mind is fascinating.

《If I can't do it and I have a bad time, it necessarily means that everyone else is in the same situation as me. If anyone claims otherwise, it has to be a liar》.

You will go a long way in life with such reasoning.

[Edit] Bush Wookie ? Can you use understandable terms, please?

• deadbyhitbox
    edited February 2021
    Options

I could literally care less if someone saves me from a killer face camping with NOED. It really doesn't matter because at that point I should expect to die. So no, I don't get mad at my teammates when that happens.

You're the dude who comes in here telling people to git gud while you sit and look at a corner. Shockingly enough, solo queue is a pain in the ass when you actually play the game and not sit idle holding the crouch key for 10 minutes.

• Epsydra
    edited February 2021
    Options

I spend the part crouching in a corner ... 

Yep. I do not know where you get that "information". It's called extrapolation, budy. A new word that you can happily take out to your mistress to have a post-it.

I don't know if you only take into account the ridiculousness of what you're saying.

I'm doing well in SoloQ, so I'm ACTUALLY spending my whole game in a patch of grass next to the door. Wow. The new Einstein. A flawless argument. You have to be a lawyer, right? 

Aaah, misery, we are supposed to be the most intellectually developed species...

• Epsydra
    Options

I spend the part crouching in a corner ... 

Yep. I do not know where you get that "information". It's called extrapolation, budy. A new word that you can happily take out to your mistress to have a post-it.

I don't know if you only take into account the ridiculousness of what you're saying : I'm doing well in SoloQ, so I'm ACTUALLY spending my whole game in a patch of grass next to the door. Wow. The new Einstein. A flawless argument. You have to be a lawyer, right? 

Aaah, misery, we are supposed to be the most intellectually developed species...

• deadbyhitbox
    edited February 2021
    Options

Was going to respond until I realized you're the type that needs to take jabs at and insult someones intelligence in a conversation. You're sure cool buddy.