Did you ever go to the movies alone?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

You see ... Not all of us have friends or that ideal couple to go see a movie but I wanted to ask them, Have you ever gone to the cinema alone? No matter what the public opinion says but I have not gone and I prefer to relax watching the new one Halloween Kills.

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I've never gone to the cinemas alone because I never seen a need to. Movie theatres are 10x better with a buddy & if I don't have one with me, I always tell myself I can watch movies at home. Not to mention, I haven't been to a cinema in like a year because of Corona.

I do miss going though. I saw Halloween (2018) in theatres and wouldn't mind seeing Halloween Kills there too. I always liked to go to the 12am listings for horror movies because it makes them more eerie for me.

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177
    edited January 2021

Yeah go for it. Used to have an apt right by a movie theater. I worked a 9-5 and most my friends worked weekends at the time, so I'd take my hungover ass to the theaters and just picked a name on the marquee for a matinee and chilled. Most the time like only 3 other people in there. As an added bonus some thriller or horror movies are better when you walk in not knowing anything about them lol

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Sometimes. I also saw Halloween 2018 alone. But pre-pandemic, I didn't go to the theatres much, and on the few occasions I did it was usually because others were going.

• Kelrie
    Kelrie Member Posts: 6

I did many times when I was in a relationship and single. If there was a movie I really wanted to see and no one to go with I wasn't letting that stop me.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311
    edited February 2021

Yes, sure, it’s not that big of a deal.

I often find I’m the only person that wants to see a certain film, so I watch it by myself. I also go to the cinema more than my friends.

I have also, very occasionally, gone to a gig by myself too. It’s more fun with someone, but if no one else wants to go I’d rather go by myself than miss out.

• Thiccness123
    Thiccness123 Member Posts: 16

There is nothing wrong with going alone , if you enjoy the movies then go you don't have to go with people. I have a membership card and I often just go on my days off if my partner is in work. I like to get myself hyped up for whatever I am going to see and to really take it in as a solo viewing. I saw some great movies and even went to see a couple a 2nd time round alone after going with friends to take them in more e.g Halloween 2018 I saw 3 times , 2 of those alone trips just to take it all in.

If anyone there thinks your being strange ######### em your there to see the movie same as them but unlike most of them who go for the social aspect of a cinema experience you have gone to appreciate the film and take it at it's best. Just you the dark room and the big screen. Go enjoy that movie my dude my choice of snack is Blue MnMs and a medium coke and just let that movie wrap itself around your brain.