DS Nerf doesn't change the underlying issue.

Options

With the nerf to DS if anything it just promotes tunneling or aggressive survivor gameplay even more.

Lets paint a picture:

Survivor gets unhooked by an injured teammate and they decide to try and heal near the hook and the killer comes right back; now DS is gone.

Survivor gets unhooked and tries to use their medkit to self-heal and the killer comes right back; now DS is gone.

Killer hooks another survivor and then hooks you.. You deliverance off the hook and try and go for the save. You get the unhook but the killer immediately shows up 2 seconds later and downs you; now DS is gone.

Survivor gets unhooked and tries to run away; killer runs back to hook.. They're still being tunneled.

Now if i'm a confident looper or an aggressive survivor why would I risk losing DS in those 60 seconds by doing an objective when I can get better value out of it by abusing it?

Comments

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

If you get unhooked and the survivor starts healing you, you don’t lose DS (I think). Only if you heal someone else.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

"Now if i'm a confident looper or an aggressive survivor why would I risk losing DS in those 60 seconds by doing an objective when I can get better value out of it by abusing it?"

Abusing it how ?

• StickyCheese
    StickyCheese Member Posts: 26
    Options

Just suck it up. if you are healing in an unsafe situation, YOU took the risk to do so and now face the consequence. Use detection perks to get a read on where the killer is if you have that much trouble.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited February 2021
    Options

What I also want to know if this also strikes down of the Unbreakable + Ds combo. If you pick yourself up, does that count as a heal? if so, smoll unmentionable builds have been purified to reasonable.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Everything you just mentioned were bad plays that shouldn't ever work out, but a broken perk allowed them to.

Now the definition of "high-risk" is "the killer might punish you for it" instead of "DS makes it safe."

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Tap selfcare and poof DS gone.

• Pokino
    Pokino Member Posts: 81
    Options

I think you don't realize... Why do I stay 99% healed for a resilience that I CAN'T use?... No, DS deactivates when fully healed is precisely for encouraging healing instead gens, a better and healthy game in my opinión than the usual "DS means I repair injured"

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    edited February 2021
    Options

This all sounds good to me. The first bullet point won't result in DS being lost, but if you go unhook someone else you deserve to have DS gone. Same for self medkit.

Stop healing yourself under the hook or treating DS like it's a card to dance around and ignore the killer for 60 seconds and you'll be fine.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited February 2021
    Options

@StickyCheese

Suck it up? Kind of how killers di—- nvm.

You either don’t play killer or don’t understand how easy tracking a freshly unhooked survivor is.

Im not here to play devil’s advocate but this is truly baffling telling someone to suck it up because they were forced to bring a perk... meanwhile you don’t need a perk to abuse Tunneling and Camping because it is something available to you 24/7.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,381
    Options

Move to a safe spot before healing.

An unhook shouldn't be free because of DS, thats not what the perk is for and not what it should be used for.

Everything mentioned is on the survivor for making a risky/bad play, the killer shouldn't be punished for trying to stop a bad play on the survivor end.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options

I stopped running DS about 6 months ago.

First: I've become A LOT better as survivor, because I don't play like I have a "get out of jail free" card.

Second: If I get tunneled, big deal... move on to the next match.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@MrPenguin

so what do you expect survivors to do when they find a “safe” spot, killer brings Nurses and lo n behold, the survivor was “touched” so the killer tunnels the unhooked survivor.

Guess they should have played better and safer huh? 🤔

• Johnny_XMan
    edited February 2021
    Options

@MrPenguin

so what do you expect survivors to do when they find a “safe” spot, killer brings Nurses and lo n behold, the survivor was “touched” so the killer tunnels the unhooked survivor, who only 10 seconds after being unhooked has lost their DS effect.

• solo_survivor
    solo_survivor Member Posts: 85
    Options

The killer has an advantage in this game.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@MrPenguin

so what do you expect survivors to do when then find a “safe” spot, killer brings Nurses and lo n behold, the survivor was “touched” so the killer tunnels the unhooked survivor.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

These changes absolutely DO fix the problem with DS. Idk what you are thinking my guy, but this is honestly the best possible change they could of even made to DS without making it total trash. Now it is truly an anti-tunnel perk as it always should have been but without the bs of "well let me fix this gen, oh killer is coming? time to jump into my safe space!" I disagree with you entirely, this change fixes all the problems I had with the perk while keeping it a strong anti-tunnel. Great change devs!

• MrPenguin
    Options

They should have found a better spot further away or heal the hooked survivor first since they will still have DS up unless they do the healing from what it seems. So yeah they should play better.

Guess some people just need DS to be a free pass on their bad plays 🤔

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@MrPenguin

No. They did. What exactly should they have done? Go to the end of the map to heal? While the killer gets a “free” down because they want to abuse a mechanic that allows them to do so? You obviously don’t understand bad plays vs abuse of a mechanic.

“Guess some people just need Ds...”

Yeah. Falls right in line with: Guess some killers just need to camp and tunnel.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Simple solution, use that time and protection to distance yourself. Nothing changed other than not being able to tauntingly use that protection against the killer.

• MrPenguin
    Options

Thats not what they did if they got found so easily. You're assuming the killer knows where they are right away and finds them before the heal finishes. Maybe don't leave a trail of scratch marks leading straight to you.

If you have time to hide and feel safe enough to heal someone else you're not being tunneled, DS shouldn't activate.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@MrPenguin

I know it’s only been a couple of lines above you but I did suggest the killer has Nurse’s Calling. It doesn’t matter how careful you are, a killer can easily spot you from a decent distance.

Point still remains. I play both sides and this change seems absurd.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

If I'm playing killer and someone wants to run around doing nothing for 60secs then I'm honestly okay with that.

• MrPenguin
    Options

Nurses only has 28 meters, stay out of TR before you heal. Without leading a trail to you the killer won't know which way you went.

I play both sides and the change seems fine.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic or rude, but you are a clever player and every comment you make makes me think about survivor plays and how to be better at this game you are magical lol :)!

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@MrPenguin

You play both sides but you tell the other side to “suck it up”. Nothing biased at all. 👍

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021
    Options

deliverance is entirely under your control once you proc it, if you unhook yourself unsafely you have no one to blame but yourself. Also Kirkylad is absolutely right, if they wanna runa round and do nothing for a minute then ds change will be as good as ruin to them lmfao. the survivor defeating itself for them. even talking about changes like this and object is a good signt hat enough killers losing interest to noticeably hurt survivor queue times is an effective strategy. It seems from looking into the game's history the only way anything is really done to balance survivors instead of constantly nerfing killers every other patch. Good work guys lol killer might become enjoyable again.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

No, I think it is you that’s misunderstood. I wasn’t implying DS users using resilience while still having DS active.

I was simply pointing out that if a survivor could still heal themselves and not deactivate DS (in case they were interrupted), it would be abused by having survivors heal to 99% to make sure their DS stays active for a full 60 seconds, and possibly still use that for plays such as body blocking or locker spamming. It gives the survivor the option to just tap a button to full health if the DS timer elapses.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

This is NOT complicated.

DS apologists have been saying "Just don't tunnel". Well, now it really is an anti-tunneling perk,

You get hooked. Someone unhooks you. You run. Killer ignores savior to focus you down, you get downed, Killers picks you up, you Decisive Strike.

That's it. Simple.

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131
    Options

You can still heal and have DS still available, it's just unhooks, gens, totems, and sabo