Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do nurses run slowdown like corrupt?

You're playing the best killer in the game who doesn't need slowdown like I'm lost at that logic. Sure run whatever but it just confuses me

Comments

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Any killer can be gen rushed. Survivors that know how to play against a Nurse know to play stealthy when they can and to juke when they are in a chase. You need something slowing down the gens while you look for people.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because it's strong and there's nothing stopping them. Most Nurses I've gone agaisnt recently have been running Ruin/Undying/Infectious Fright. Why? Because why not, that why.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Because there are a lot more average nurses than good ones.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Because they probably just aren't the best nurse. You should play a few games as nurse with no slowdown and see why they do it.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    edited February 2021

All killers need slowdown to beat strong survivors. Especially if you plan to get your kills with more than 1 lousy hook per survivor (without slugging/tunneling). Reminder: The max number of hooks is 12 - not 4.

That being said I'm sick of running slowdown perks because they add nothing to the game in terms of interesting gameplay variables so I often run whatever I enjoy.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Killers are only good if they run garbage perks and play by the rule book

Survivors though? Run BT/DS/DH/Unbreakable all you want; you are amazing at the game

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

If they're a bad Nurse, they want a chance to learn and not get destroyed within 7 minutes.

If they're a good Nurse, it's for two reasons:

1. They want a more easier, laidback game.
    2. They aren't confident in their ability to play this game lol

I literally just run BBQ, Whispers, Agitation, and Shadowborn on my Nurse and rarely, RARELY, struggle cause I'm pretty confident in my ability to play this Killer.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

she has a long stun into cooldown into long charge, not even a got tier nurse can win vs good survivors if they play it right, you must use slowdown on her just like on every killer

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

She ran it cause she specifically knew you would get upset and run to the forums.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Corrupt is good for every killer. Even nurse. There are times when even nurse does need the slowdown. The first minute of the match is crucial for setting tempo. If survivors spawn at 4 different gens and each genrushes even slug nurse will have a hard time unless she plays a perfect game. Depriving survivors of that early tempo advantage is key for every killer.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Nurse is only the best killer in the game for the 5 people who sacrificed their life to pledge eternal allegiance to her.

For most mortals she's high B low A tier at best and they can use the extra time to learn her.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

Survivor is strong enough that you don't need second chance perks, yet most of them run them, why?

It's basically the same premise. It's not a matter of what you need, it's just what's the most effective.

This said, even Nurse against a really good group of survivors that are playing properly needs slow down. Nurse gets around needing slow down from slugging heavily, but good survivors will be spread on opposite sides of the map preventing this multiple slug pressure attempt. Yeah most survivors won't do this to where she can slug for her slow down, but I'd also argue most Nurses aren't good to be at that level anyway either.

It's similar to why I like Bamboozle a lot. Against most survivors it's completely unnecessary, but essential against those rare extremely good survivors that know how to abuse jungle gyms well. I'd rather bring it for most games and not need it for the rare case I happen to run into one of those swf swat groups and I have it. This is the same principle as to why you see Nurses running slow down.You never know what you're walking into.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Doesn't matter which killer is used, gen speeds are a nightmare when survivors don't mess around.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Because she's the hardest killer in the game? Unless you're a god tier Nurse, some slowdown like Corrupt is reasonable.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Because Nurse needs to change her name to Nerf. She's trash tier on devices not PC because her map control is barely half of what it used to be and she gets penalized TWICE for using her power. So yeah, run Corrupt, run Ruin, run whatever the hell you please because quite simply, she's trash on any medium to big maps.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

Player confidence.

i'm more scared of a nurse that has no slowdown than a nurse running ruin, thanata, undying or corrupt because if they are confident enough in there skill as a nurse to not need them then they are real chads

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

If you can think of it that's a reason they could be learning and a game that lasts 3min isn't a lot to learn

Why not

Could be doing a gen blocker build ect ect

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474

They usually use the slowdown because even if they want the match to last longer to try and get into a winning position like when survivors group up the longer the match the more likely it happens

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

The only slowdown I run on Nurse is Corrupt and it's just so I can find someone at the start of the game easier.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Because people have slow starts? Most people I play against tend to hide a lot early on.