Is Spine chill to strong?

2»

Comments

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243
    NO. Its fine as is

spine chill - you can just look away if your trying to sneak up

so basically you want stealth killers to be special and not have to play around a perk

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited February 2021
    NO. Its fine as is

it's fine as it is.

When people go and say 'oh woe is me it counters all stealth killers' I wonder what their game's SC does. Because when I play it light up if the killer looks in my direction from a certain distance.

It does not tell where exactly they are, who it is etc. One still needs to look around to try and spot them AND SC adds an additional 'distraction' from skillchecks, which are already a little harder due to it (if the killer looks at you)

Seriously.

SC has a radius of 36, Whispers one of 32, so, while, yeah, Survs know someone's looking at them before the killer knows there's a survivor nearby, just like whispers it does NOT tell the exact location.

And the arguments that it counters stealthkillers only works if you don't even try to stay out of the line of side of survivors.

Also, practical experience has shown that survivors don't really look around, SC or not (do you know how often I stood right behind a survivor opening a chest/doing a totem or gen and they just didn't realize... as if there was not heartbeat, music or stain...)

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited February 2021
    NO. Its fine as is

People with SC relying on it against stealth killers are the most adorable little creatures waiting to get grabbed of each gen they try to repair.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    edited February 2021
    NO. Its fine as is

Spine chill is the one perk I run in almost every build. I'm hearing impaired and it's a big help cause I don't hear the terror radius that well.

• Orestar123
    Orestar123 Member Posts: 1
    NO. Its fine as is

NO. Its fine as is

personally I think it’s fine. I saw someone say that it’s too op against stealth killers but depending where you are on the map they can literally come from anywhere. I also think ghost face is broken af and if you removed or changed spinechill others would agree

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    NO. Its fine as is

NO, its the only way to counter stealth killers like amanda, wraith, myers, ghostface etc.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    YES. Needs nerfing

Or you could use your eyes and ears.

• swager21
    NO. Its fine as is

i dont want to be paranoid all match saving my sprint burst

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790
    NO. Its fine as is

You don't need to moonwalk to the gen to counter it. Just put the gen near the edge of your screen.

• QwQw
    YES. Needs nerfing

So let me get this straight. You don't want Spinechill to be nerfed because you're paranoid without it? That makes it clear that you rely way to much on. Learn to listen to audio cues instead of relying on a perk to let you know the killer is coming.

• swager21
    NO. Its fine as is

im perfectly fine without it. i use it just in case i get a stealth killer cuz there is no audio cues

• Viberum
    Viberum Member Posts: 53
    YES. Needs nerfing

Playing stealth ain't fun with this.

• QwQw
    YES. Needs nerfing

There absolutely are sound cues, and visual cues.

Ghostface - Bright mask, flow-y tassels, loud footsteps, loud breathing. That's on top of hearing grass moving.

Michael - Bright mask, Evil Within plays a noise every time he tiers-up, loud breathing, loud footsteps, moves grass.

Pig - Play's an extremely loud noise while charging an ambush, loud breathing, loud footsteps, moves grass.

Wraith - Loud gargling noise he makes while cloaked, plays a sound effect whenever he cloaks or uncloaks, has a very loud bell, loud footsteps, moves grass.

After the initial shock of getting a stealth killer, you should be on high alert anyways.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    YES. Needs nerfing

Michael can be heard with his heavy panting mouth breathing from a different floor and Ghost's cloak noisily billows in the wind like an anime protagonist. Wraith snarls like a dog. They're all very loud.

• Epicidex
    Epicidex Member Posts: 3
    NO. Its fine as is

dont look at survivors if you know where they are

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Give you information if the killer is coming/looking in your direction. Gives a speed boost in many actions and can be paired with Resilience for a vault speed increase during chases.

I don't think it needs a nerf or rework but counterplay.

• LilSnek
    LilSnek Member Posts: 20
    NO. Its fine as is

We dont cry about every survivor perk compared to how they act for our perks...

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743
    NO. Its fine as is

So what about Spirits who use Stridor instead of using their eyes and ears to follow scratchmarks, blood trails or the grass moving?

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    NO. Its fine as is

turn your camera 90*, problem solved, derp f_ckin DERP

I play stealth killers too and I get a SH*T ton of hits by just not facing where they are BECAUSE their SC isn't lit up

disagree = boomer that just wants everything handed to them... use your head or get left in the dust.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    NO. Its fine as is

I could care less. I barely use it unless i pair it with premonition. makes it pretty good to use.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905
    NO. Its fine as is

SC is fine. If anything it prevents gens from being done with how teammates run off as soon as it lights up. SB is more of a counter to stealth killers imo. With SC you still have no idea in which direction the killer is coming from. Myers and Ghostface can still get stalks just not while you're sitting on a gen. The only thing it really counters is getting pulled off a gen. And with this logic should Iron Will be changed because it counters spirits, Calm spirit counters doc, small game counters Trapper, Flashlights counter hag and Wraith. There are just perks, items and powers that counter what the others does and has. Pyramid heads main power nullifies about 5 survivor perks.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    I'm not sure

Idk but it should just not detect the killer when he's undetectable

• oinkzoink
    oinkzoink Member Posts: 8

I think spine chill should activate when the killer is looking at your player model (not just in your direction) and only after the killer has been staring for about 2-3 seconds or so. that way the survivor knows for a fact the killer is after them and not someone else and is a reliable counter to Michael and Ghostface without completely countering every stealth killer. I'd even be fine with it always being active during a chase so it doesn't lose its vault speed bonus.

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    YES. Needs nerfing

Personally, I think they should change it in one of three ways.

1. The perk doesn't work when the Killer is undetectable. This would make it easier to play stealth Killers, but would render the perk almost useless.
    2. The perk has a cooldown (think Premonition). This could work, but the cooldown would have to be quite short for the perk to be useful.
    3. The perk's range should be narrowed, so it only activates when the Killer is looking directly at the Survivor. Maybe when the Survivor is in the middle 15-20% of the Killer's screen. This would let stealth Killers sneak up on Survivors, but they'd have to be careful not to stare too much.
  • Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    YES. Needs nerfing

SC is a tough topic seeing as everyone is used to it without it's problems being extremely obvious.

Currently, I just think it does too much with no drawback. If you compare it to recent perks, they are either lackluster, or have some requirements to them.

If I were to change it in any way, I would just delay the activation of the action speed and make the range only 9m if a killer is Undetectable.

Also, this is coming from someone who runs Spine Chill every match, I just want it to be more fair to stealth killers.

• Larikal
    Larikal Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2021
    NO. Its fine as is

I voted "no", for simple reason : its still lackluster perk. That's probably why you dont see it often on higher ranks. I mean : why would i take this perk over... lets say "sprint"? With sprint i can wait till i see you, then run away (probably forcing you to attack, missing hit and leaving you even more behind - happens more often than not). Lets add some healing perk (bond/self care/inner strength) and thats all i need for myself. The other 2 perks i sacrifice for the team (babysitter, borrowed time or something).

And that's my point - spine chill is perk for your own survival... and even then you have better choices. Its like Third Seal - good perk on paper, but in reality its kinda wasting a slot bcs there are better options

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    NO. Its fine as is

I main Legion and Ghostie, don't look right at the survivor when trying to get the grab.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    NO. Its fine as is

I voted NO as it's my most used Survivor perk, but...as handy as it is, I wouldn't be totally lost without.

As a 50/50, I can understand Spine Chill being somewhat irritating. When you approach a half fixed gen, and the survivors are long gone.

It would be interesting to see how effective it would be if it only activated when you were on your own, ie not multiples on a gen. As it stands now, if only one survivor has it equipped and they suddenly cease fixing a gen...all the other fixers are also potentially immediately alerted. But then the issue with Myers and GhostFace is that if there was no way of SC activating whilst doing group tasks, they could potentially fill their stalk tiers up easily. The survivors would have to rely on their manual observations to look out for those two, and GhostFace can be particularly tricky to spot.

I would say keep it how it is. Much like BBQ&C, it's an effective perk but altering it would make it useless.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    NO. Its fine as is

OOO counters trapper

Flashlight counters Hag and Wraith

• wig
    wig Member Posts: 18
    NO. Its fine as is

then it would literally be pointless? Spine chill is basically just a substitute to hearing the heartbeat for stealth killer. It doesn’t tell you the direction or make you invisible. If you run you lead the killer right to you and if you hide you can’t get far- a good killer will catch you 99% of the time.

It’s not like it’s used for toxic gameplay. I imagine most people use it because they are not strong at chases.

and it can backfire very easily if you run away only to run straight into the killer.

Just my opinion though.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    NO. Its fine as is

Let's see, what's more ridiculous? Having to

a.) drop everything and run into a locker, find a gen to hide behind or run closer to the killer just to counter a single perk and waste monumental amounts of time,

b.) or just look a bit to the side and lose no time whatsoever?

If BBQ is fine Spine Chill is more than fine.

• QwQw
    YES. Needs nerfing

Nice whataboutism.

1. Good Spirits do use grass to track survivors.
    2. Spirit can't see blood unless she's running Father Glasses.
    3. Most times survivors walk to avoid leaving scratchmarks, meaning The Spirit can only look out for grass and use her ears.

I'm not saying Stridor Spirit is balanced, but comparing a perk that is only good on one killer, to a perk that is useful against every killer in the game is a stupid comparison.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    NO. Its fine as is

Nice way to miss the point.

The guy i replied to said to just use eyes and ears and i my point was "why don't stridor spirits do the same then"?

Stridor being good only on one killer doesn't make it any different since killers have their own powers while survivors are just skins.

• QwQw
    edited February 2021
    YES. Needs nerfing

Stridor Spirits do use their eyes and ears, it only makes it easier to hear survivors.

The reason why I listed off sound cues, was because one guy said that Spinechill was the only to counter stealth killers, and that they don't have sound cues, which is incorrect.

This thread is about if Spinechill needed to be nerfed, not about Spirit using Stridor. I like how you said I was the one who missed the point.

Post edited by QwQw on
  • Gay_Police_Dept
    NO. Its fine as is

And my comment was a reply to a especific comment, but i like how you ignored that 👍️

• Timo_______R
    Timo_______R Member Posts: 58
    NO. Its fine as is

Are u guys serious this perks give only a small boost on it´s own.

It´s not even useful when hitboxes or latency is on killers side, which is the case way to often.

• SiMpSoUp
    SiMpSoUp Member Posts: 10
    NO. Its fine as is

since killers want to complain about SC, how about we nerf BBQ.

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122
    edited March 2021
    NO. Its fine as is

Have you ever felt someone else's presence without first seeing them? Like you just knew someone was up ahead? I have many times, especially when we go camping. I see spine chill as perfect the way it is. Stealth killers would be a total nightmare without it. Plus it's not like everyone is going to run spine chill all the time. I use stealth killers a lot and i don't get bothered by it. Maybe you've just had a string of bad luck?

Also if you are going to rework SC then you may as well rework every perk that allows the killer to see survivors. Hell let's do away with perks and just go at it. Killer vs survivors. No perks. No groups, ban groups from que together and have some good old fashioned fun lol

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    NO. Its fine as is

Good for new players

Good for experiencer and veteran players

Countering stealth has very few options (apart from being hyper aware of your surroundings and the different tells each killer has). It also helps counter one of the strongest killer perks in the game right now (Tinkerer if you were wondering)

• Kirby
    Kirby Member Posts: 26
    NO. Its fine as is

simply don't look in their direction

• Kirby
    Kirby Member Posts: 26
    NO. Its fine as is

as a Pig main i have to be stealthy as well so if i believe someone has sc i just simply look at the gen for a second then turn my camera away to where it's just in my pov. they don't know I'm coming unless they see me, and i get to know if someone is on the gen. sc doesn't need a rework at all and you just need to outplay them

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    I'm not sure

The increased vault speed kinda sucks if you have low sensitivity so you can't look to the side fast enough for every vault, but it's ok

• rebecca123
    rebecca123 Member Posts: 33
    NO. Its fine as is

You realise that most killers are faster than survivors right ? Even with a head start not to mention blood lust and the recent rework of most maps to remove loops and pallets . My goodness. And if they are evasive use stridor / whispers loads of things to apply if you struggle against SC.

• Booba
    Booba Member Posts: 62
    YES. Needs nerfing

It's honestly fine as it is. I play Ghostface frequently and I don't see the problem with it.

But personally - I would remove the increased vault speed. That's the only thing that bugs me in chases. Survivors on red ranks use SC primarily for this reason.

• missjay
    missjay Member Posts: 31
    NO. Its fine as is

alright imma make this brief because i dont feel like wasting my time, but honey, i understand you are a killer main-i have seen many of your polls and you seem very biased as you are inexperienced with survivor. as soon as you killer mains try nerfing more and more survivor perks, you are going to have many perks of killer's nerfed too. and your reason for nerfing it "It counters every stealth killer in the game," well i can just as easily say, tinkerer counters the very idea of doing gens, same as ruin, franklins counters chests and items, and i can continue. and i hope you understand i am not trying to be mean, but i hope you understand that every single perk has been selectivly chosen by the developers. no perks were accidents. every perk is pretty much made to counter something, so pls just understand that killers are NOT the only side in the game.

• Adidi
    Adidi Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2021
    YES. Needs nerfing

As much as I love spine chill I do think it is too strong. It's detection is insane compared to other perks (It removes every stealth killer... and compared with resilence make you vault ridiculously fast). Just look at premonition and compare the two... Premonition is a joke of a perk... and Spine Chill helps you also during chases and repairing gens.

In my opinion Spine Chill should be cut in two perks.

1. Perk lights up whenever killer is looking in your direction from 30/35/40m (small buff to range to make up for nerf). You get increased chances for skillchecks while it is active.
    2. You perform actions (all the actions that old Spine Chill affects) 2/3/4% faster while outside the terror radius. This bonus is DOUBLED while within the terror radius. (Another minor buff to make up for splitting the perk in two)