The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS change proposal

Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946
What if you could Mori someone who used DS after a hook?
It would ad a layer of risk and a satisfaction for killers.
You have to decide, can I escape after my DS or will I safe it for later and let me get rescued.
On the other hand, if you DS the killer, get caught again, hooked, get of the hook you know, he can Mori you now so you have to be extra careful. You have become a real obsession.

Comments

• dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    Hrhrhrhr... I like it :)
  • Cymer
    Johdude said:

Why not remove windows and pallets as well so every killer can 4k all the time

No why should we want this? Where would be the fun and interactions?
    It's not about 4k. It's about meaningful choices and interactive gameplay. And Moris are always fun to watch, even as a survivor.
    I think it is better than just slug the obsession, avoiding DS entirely and damn the player to do nothing for 4min and bait other survivors to heal you.
    So you want the DS for more fun.
    And being under pressure and scared is the point of the game.
  • blaahval22
    blaahval22 Member Posts: 64

@Johdude said:

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Cymer said:
    No why should we want this? Where would be the fun and interactions?

It's called reductio ad absurdum, and it's a logical fallacy. Just ignore it - and by "it" I mean whoever uses the fallacy.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@Johdude said:

You mean when you play nurse. sorry m8 i already do that.

• Cymer
    So you would like to see those changes?
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Personally, I'd like to see current DS revamped and changed into some sort of exhaustion perk.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

I hope developers see this, ds only punishes the killer, it should punish both the survivor and the killer, I would say make it to where you can mori the survivor IF, they use ds on you to get out of your grasp, forcing survivors to use it as a final resort

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They could just increase a wiggle meter to 75% for non obsession to be able to use ds and decrease killer stun by 75%. Keep the current ds stats for the obsession. I'd be fine with that.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I don't mind one DS. It's the nonobsession DS that gets me.

• Cymer
    steezo_de said:

Well...easy solution to this one. Just make an indicator on the survivor portrait, like a mini obsession ring, or mini tentacles. So you know, this survivor has DS too.
    I am pretty sure with a cup of coffee and nicely ask you could persuade a dev to do this.
    @not_Queen @Patricia one cup of coffee for that wonderful dev please and take something for you too! You deserve it!
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited October 2018
    There was a thread like this awhile back before the spirit dropped we were discussing the ability to mori the DS user/obsession....... and then rancor was born..... "heavy sighs" rancor isnt the hard counter to DS we thought it was is it :(
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    I don't think this is a good idea, I feel like Killers would abuse/tunnel the obsession all the time to force them to use DS just so they can Mori em. I personally think the perk is Trash and should be removed period. I don't ever run DS, its a waste of a perk slot.
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

@Cymer said:
    steezo_de said:

Well...easy solution to this one. Just make an indicator on the survivor portrait, like a mini obsession ring, or mini tentacles. So you know, this survivor has DS too.
    I am pretty sure with a cup of coffee and nicely ask you could persuade a dev to do this.
    @not_Queen @Patricia one cup of coffee for that wonderful dev please and take something for you too! You deserve it!

I thought about that but at the same time, I think the devs like the RNG aspect of the killer not knowing if there are other survivors that have DS. It might be an interesting twist though if obsession killer perks like Dying Light, Remember Me, etc. took effect on the nonobsesion DS in place of or in addition to the true obsession.