Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Will the Ds and OoO Nerfs kill this game?

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Again, stop blaming YOUR problems on other people. You will not get any better at the game if this is your go to defense mechanism. I hope things improve for you, but I'm not holding my breath.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681

Oh Shrek Here we go again...

Your exemple is realy dumb because it dosen't matter If the survivor have Ds or not this Match will end in a 4k, so why Nerf Ds?

Well you don't Play survivor, If you would then you know how often now a survivor get undeservd hits from the Killer so how is that fair?

Wait you say that Ds right now have No counterplay?! Jeezus are you Rank 15?

BNP and instaheals are very rare add ons that cost much Points so shouldn't they be strong like Killer ones? Oh I know because it's uNfUn for the kiLler.

BL was not that strong but funny, but again Killer say it's uNfUn pls Nerf!!

It's funny to see that Killer want to play against survivor with "Skill" but playing Things that dosen't need any Skill.

I Hope I diden't destroy your dream world too much...

• ILoveDemo

"Most survivor biased" WOW realy for what? Saying ds should not destroyed?

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Killer's objective is to kill is as much as survivor's objective is to complete generators and heal. The double-standard is with you and the devs. Killers have loads of perks that punish the survivor side for doing the objective, now survivor has a perk of their own that punishes themselves for doing the objective. How much help do killers need?

I can already visualize folks not doing generators to save their perk. That is horrendous to think about.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

Yes. Yeah for sure. DS is an empathy test to see if you can humanize with the people you're playing against. If you defend DS then you're full of BS because you can't understand what it's like on the other side.

"How much help do killers need?"

Realistically, a new core game mode.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2021

OoO change wont really matter, contrary to what people say its an extremely rare perk and half the time is used by people not up to the task who go down quite fast.

The DS change has the problem it makes the perk way worse, since it either does nothing or renders a Survivor useless for 60 seconds so people will stop running it and tunneling off hook will be more prevalent. I dont mind changing/nerfing DS but the proposed change is a bit too much in my opinion.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited February 2021

Survivors can adapt, and have adapted more than killer mains have, so no.

• DS has been nerfed 3 times now, soon to be 4. OoO has always been abuseable. It's not gonna kill the game lol what

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

You'll eventually come back. B4B might be fun but its still not dbd and hasn't come put yet. Of course this is a bait post imo. You want to put killer nerfs out there and even make fun of perk nerfs with your little songs right? But as soon as they make DS and OoO more balanced you get all upset. Most survivors and those who play both sides agree this change is fair. Adapt or leave make your choice.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Of course, it's just more partisan rancor.

The survivor side is not always the brunt of the devs nerfs. Moris got the hell nerfed out of them, as did undying. Like it or not, the devs are mostly impartial and do their best to balance the game from an objective standpoint.

I don't like the changes either. I think the DS change is misguided, since DS isn't supposed to be an anti-tunnel perk; if you're going to make it one, you need a complete overhaul. Object is an interesting idea, but I think that a better solution would have just been to diminish the range and require the killer to be making eye contact with you as well; that way, you can only see their aura if they know where you are too.

That being said, I can understand where the calls for change are coming from. What I don't understand is the petty entitlement of some of my fellow survivors. No, we are not going to leave the game over a good-faith change, no matter how much I disagree with it. It's literally just two perks, one of which nobody even runs outside of SWF, just like how undying and tinkerer were two perks. Same goes with old prayer beads bracelet, 5 blink nurse, brand new parts, etc. etc. Get over it, there's no reason to be so fussy over simple balance measures.

To be fair, there's a lot of the same on the killer side too. The only reason people are going to leave this game is because these self-righteous pop-up figures that ruin the spirit of games, in posting the most hackneyed, ridiculous philippics with both eyes blinded.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

I doubt that.

Back in 2018 killer queues were unreal (20 minutes or more, usually more) suggesting an overabundance of killers and a scarcity of survivors. Yet from that time until today survivors were hit with far more severe nerfs than the current DS nerf, in comparison to killers. Killer has been easier than it's ever been.

Yet instead of increasing the killer population we're now at a point where survivor queues are longer than killer queues on average.

The Undying nerf, was that a change also done to help survivor queue times by encouraging people to play less killer? Of course not. BHVR doesn't nerf to appease either playerbase or to influence play rates on either side. Nerfs and buffs are done to better balance the game as best they can, to make it a better game for everyone. They aren't always correct but it's not about trying to get more people to play one side over the other.

• Sluzzy

NOED.

Also Tinkerer rewards killer for doing nothing and punishes survivor for doing the objective. On a high mobility killer, this is a free win on anything less than a top 4 man SWF.

I don't rely on DS, I especially don't as much as killers do with killer perks. It is the principal of it.

To correct you, bad killers picked someone up after working on a gen if they had DS active. Your own fault. You should have the consequences here, but the devs will be removing it. You are still tunneling whether they went to a gen or crouched somewhere near it. You went "back to the hook" to chase the same survivor. It should not have mattered what they did at that point.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited February 2021

The situation in my example does not always end in a 4k, I have played several killer matches where this has happened and I still have a few survivors escape.

I do play survivor, actually. I would be willing to bet I play survivor better than you. I can even record and show you some of my games I have if you would like and yes, I am well aware of the terrible latency problems that have only been around for the past 4+ years since I am a longtime player with almost 1800 hours on this game. It is so bad that I as a killer can even tell that I should not have gotten a few hits.

I am actually rank one on both killer and survivor consistently (not that it means much). There is no counterplay to the current DS btw, if you say otherwise it would have been very helpful to list some things you can do to counter it. In fact, please respond with a list of counterplay to the current DS.

Just because the BNPs and instaheals costed a little more than other addons does not mean in the slightest that they were fair. Even though they costed more, you could ask around the forums and I guarantee you that you will find a few people with over 50 or even 100 BNPs or styptic agents. They are incredibly easy to get and stock up.

BL was incredibly strong on maps with elevation, what are you talking about? I don't think you saw how it was for killers against survivors on Haddonfield with BL. Let me tell you, it wasn't pleasant. Survivors would even intentionally send killers to that map making it impossible for the killer to win, even with bamboozle since multiple windows are open and all can be used as an infinite.

"It's funny to see that Killer want to play against survivor with "Skill" but playing Things that doesn't need any Skill." Could you rephrase this comment please because I am unsure what you are trying to say in this sentence? Assuming I read it correctly, you are saying that it now takes little skill to play killer, but that doesn't make sense because it seems to imply that instaheals and BNPs DID in fact take skill to use which is ridiculous.

And no, you didn't exactly "destroy my dream world". Still waiting on your response.

Post edited by Yords on
  • HectorBrando

The problem comes with the proxy campers like Hillbilly, Spirit et all, when you think you are safe and suddenly a race car comes barreling.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

If you love demo so much why not play the stranger thing games then if that's the case then why are you here?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited February 2021

Yea my sarcasm identifier is reading gang war right now because of them

• EclipsedMind
    EclipsedMind Member Posts: 26

Then the best you can do is try to loop them or hide from them.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266

Is this satire?

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Nope.

• HectorBrando

Yes but you still get DS switched off because some Killers can start a tunneling from very long distances thanks to huge mobility. Im not against changing DS abuse but this change is too much against certain Killers.

I dont use it but Im concerned tunneling will be even more prevalent after this.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited February 2021

Ah, so it's another case of whoever writes the flavour text not knowing how to word things, or being told incorrectly how it works. (It is evident that communication has always been pretty bad among their team, after all) Thanks for clearing that up.

• Simple answer no

• HectorBrando
    edited February 2021

Because less people will equip DS and there will be more trials with no Obssession, when there is an Obssession tunneling is rather minor and usually not much of a concern, but when you get in a trial and nobody has those claws around his portrait... God help you.

I come across tunneling in 20-30% of my games (from minor to major) but when there is no Obssession is always heavy tunneling and happens in 70-80% of my games.

Hell I dont use DS and Im tempted of running a Obssession perk so the Killer sees there is one and does not go bonkers...

• Sluzzy

"Why should killer get consequences for dowing and hooking survior who was working on a generator/unhooking in his face ?"

That is a perk. You were tunneling. Doesn't matter what they are doing.

Why are you in the survivors face tunneling?

See how that works?

• Raz_
    Raz_ Member Posts: 296

object was in need of a change, same with DS but the way they changed ds is just bs

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

While you are right that playing killer is easier than ever, what does that have to do with anything?

so the game went from being survivorsided 90% of the time to being survivorsided 65% of the time, and while that is better for killers, it is still not balanced (warning, numbers are made up and just to illustrade a point).

And you ignore some simple facts, like how did the players of the game change? Are there more players than before, and if yes, does that change the relevancy of how easy or hard it was to play killer years ago?

While people are forgiving with a new game with a fresh concept, they might not be that forgiving 2-4 years playing the game and still serious points not adressed for a long time.

And your last statement might be your opinion, but my view is different. There are problems in the game, and the devs tend to ignore them until they cant ignore them any longer, and thats when they adress them. So yes, they dont do it to balance, because the balance was broken before, they do it because the imbalance is impacting performance, queue times, sales, whatever.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570
    edited February 2021

Oof, you can't abuse the perk and do things you shouldn't be able to get away with, now I'm going to moan on the forums. Undying was nerfed aswell, so is DS, get over it.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

We don't talk about stadia here on this Christian server, lol

• Monarch
    Monarch Member Posts: 148

"When I first heard of the news yesterday and read a picture of the perk description, I immediately thought it was a prank because it was clearly written by a killer main."

Let me objectively correct this statement for you:

"When I first saw this post today and read it, I immediately thought it was a prank because it was clearly written by a survivor main with a demo PFP"

• golubushka08
    golubushka08 Member Posts: 78

If they nerf the DS I don't play anymore this game full of tunel killers.

• ILoveDemo

You are right, it's not worth it to play as survivor anymore.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

Nah, won't kill the game. I only use DS when tunneled so that I can teabag the killer in my final seconds. Constructive? No. But it feels good 😁

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited February 2021

I think you meant seppuku. (Ceremonial honor suicide)

Sodoku is the numbers crossword XD

Edit: Sorry if it was intentional and I just didn't get the joke. Nonetheless take my upvote for I think the same everytime ^^.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It might save this game we have to wait and see. Right now queue times are too long for survivor so I don't play much at all.