The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So the "lose points for camping" idea was a failure.

That's obvious now after playing it for a while.

What however can the devs do to remedy this situation? Camping isn't fun for whoever gets caught first and causes people to de-pip purely for the mistake of being first hooked.

I feel like I'm just gonna have to start disconnecting everytime I'm against the Pig at this rate.

Comments

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Wolf74 said:

How about "don't be the first on the hook"?
    Do not jump the very first gen you see.
    Do not run towards the nearest objective.
    Try to play stealthy until you know who the killer is and actually where?
    Wait until he found someone else first and than take action.

I know, it's hard, because survivor love their gen rush and rather complain than adept, becasue that worked for 2 years now and Devs always gave what you asked for.

Word, being camped is not fun and sucks though, for killer and survivor. But rip, it is a mechanic for now. 
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

@Wolf74 said:

I know, it's hard, because survivor love their gen rush and rather complain than adept, becasue that worked for 2 years now and Devs always gave what you asked for.

^ What they said. Honestly, I learned that the hard way during my 1st hours in game. Its not that hard to understand. You dont want the killer to spot you, learn to be sneaky and avoid eye contact.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

Why does it always boil down to "get gud"

Sometimes ######### just happens. There are times when you will be spotted even if you try to be stealthy. You can't win EVERY game.

######### lol at these killers whose excuse is always "dont be caught". Well fine, next time you cry about gen rush the answer will be "dont get gen rushed".
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited October 2018
    @The_Crusader I think because, just a theory, during the time infinite were a thing everywhere, pallet blinks, Insta flashlights etc were a thing, survivors just said the same "gitgud" even if they were using or abusing, broken mechanics.

Now im not an old player but that's what I got by reading how was the game before and how is it now. Camping isn't run for either side but it happens and its way worse for killer cuz he's losing the game while 3 people wins it.

Its boring for any player stare at the other one doing nothing but I actually don't see many campers, especially from rank5+ because would just secure you a depip or a safe pipe at best. People often mistakes patolling to camp and even camp is different from face camp. Patrolling and camp are strategies that works especially against super altruistic teams while face camping its just an auto lose for killers

the emblem change is kinda dumb even if doesn't hurt too much, the chaser emblem is already kinda fd up, that would just hurt people who patrol. Still I won't cry about facecamping especially since when somebody do that the reasons are, they are mad to someone in particular or they are new
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Malakir said:
    @The_Crusader I think because, just a theory, during the time infinite were a thing everywhere, pallet blinks, Insta flashlights etc were a thing, survivors just said the same "gitgud" even if they were using or abusing, broken mechanics.

Now im not an old player but that's what I got by reading how was the game before and how is it now. Camping isn't run for either side but it happens and its way worse for killer cuz he's losing the game while 3 people wins it.

Its boring for any player stare at the other one doing nothing but I actually don't see many campers, especially from rank5+ because would just secure you a depip or a safe pipe at best. People often mistakes patolling to camp and even camp is different from face camp. Patrolling and camp are strategies that works especially against super altruistic teams while face camping its just an auto lose for killers

the emblem change is kinda dumb even if doesn't hurt too much, the chaser emblem is already kinda fd up, that would just hurt people who patrol. Still I won't cry about facecamping especially since when somebody do that the reasons are, they are mad to someone in particular or they are new
    Patrolling is dumb in the beginning and camping as you're assuming altruism. Once you find out a team is altruistic sure. 
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Tsulan said:
    I'm still waiting for the patch that punishes survivors for staying close to a almost repaired gen.

Please don't camp and tunnel gens. 
    Please don't camp and tunnel your fellow teammates. 

It kills the fun.

Btw. Have you tried deceit? There the monster can insta kill you and the match took less time than the loading screen.
    Now THAT'S  frustrating. Not the 40 second chances you get in DbD.
    It's not fair. I see a gen, I kick it and run off, like 5 seconds later someone is back repairing it!!! I come kick it again and repeat! Camping generators is a toxic play style and should be banned. Makes it SO unfun for the killer who JUST kicked that gen.

Baby survivors gen camping!!! Reported!!!

It's not fair and I demand a nerf to gen camping!
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Tsulan said:
    I'm still waiting for the patch that punishes survivors for staying close to a almost repaired gen.

It kills the fun.

Btw. Have you tried deceit? There the monster can insta kill you and the match took less time than the loading screen.

I'll have you know it's 39 second chances, not 40 geez it's bad enough killer hard camp the non DS user on 1st hook. Thereby robbing us of at least 38 more chances.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

Sometimes ######### just happens. There are times when you will be spotted even if you try to be stealthy. You can't win EVERY game.

[BAD WORD] lol at these killers whose excuse is always "dont be caught". Well fine, next time you cry about gen rush the answer will be "dont get gen rushed".

Where have I been bitter?

If someone is complaining to "always get caught first" and "always get camped", maybe he should consider my ideas.
    It's not just "git gud", but maybe he should "adapt/adjust" his way to play.
    If it only happens every couple of matches, you can say "crap happens" and get over it, but if that happens to you often and you get frustrated about it, look for a way what YOU can do first ingame, before you come crying to the forum.

And about your crappy little "lol those killers"... we killer get the same stuff all the time from survivor player, "Just break the pallet"... "change target if the loop you"... "tunnel em before they heal"..."Mindgame them"... yadayada.
    So my suggestion is actually something that is not just a meme, but an advice, while 99% of all survivor advice is just a blatant lie or complete missunderstanding of the game.

• The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

[BAD WORD] lol at these killers whose excuse is always "dont be caught". Well fine, next time you cry about gen rush the answer will be "dont get gen rushed".

If someone is complaining to "always get caught first" and "always get camped", maybe he should consider my ideas.
    If it only happens every couple of matches, you can say "crap happens" and get over it, but if that happens to you often and you get frustrated about it, look for a way what YOU can do first ingame, before you come crying to the forum.

And about your crappy little "lol those killers"... we killer get the same stuff all the time from survivor player, "Just break the pallet"... "change target if the loop you"... "tunnel em before they heal"..."Mindgame them"... yadayada.
    So my suggestion is actually something that is not just a meme, but an advice, while 99% of all survivor advice is just a blatant lie or complete missunderstanding of the game.

Where did I say I "always get caught?"

Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's other people. Its called having empathy ya know, I can relate to how crappy it is for that person who got unlucky, hooked early and is now being facecamped so will get no points and a de-pip.

"Gen rushing" isn't an answer. It's only an option in SWF. If you play solo you have no control over the two other members of your team wasting time going in for the save and getting downed. Sometimes they do it just because they feel a moral sense of duty to do it. ######### killers take advantage of this.

It happens far too often. This is the problem with killers, they all cry about SWF but so many of them play in a way which makes people feel like they only can play with friends to have an enjoyable experience.
  • The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

If the killer camps, you gen rush. It's pretty easy. But people still like to cry about camping as if it some "easy mode" killers have. 

And if you got caught, well you got caught. Deal with it. And if I get gen rushed while camping, then that is on me.

Man, people just complain about everything these days.."Games too hard, killer camped, I need a new diaper!!"

Jeez. Play the game.
    Roff typical killer. You all cry about gen rushing,  survivors being too strong, borrowed time, losing points for camping etc etc but when it comes to your own crappy habits it's just "deal with it".

Survivor mains can be salty as hell but killer mains are entitled little babies most of the time.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

I had a game where no one wanted to be caught first, and used your strategy. It took over 20 minutes for the killer to find everyone, and afterwards the whole team was accorded if holding the game hostage. 10/10 strat

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'm surprised that anyone thought this was going to change anything.

• Wolf74

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

I had a game where no one wanted to be caught first, and used your strategy. It took over 20 minutes for the killer to find everyone, and afterwards the whole team was accorded if holding the game hostage. 10/10 strat

Guess what? That is how the game was intended.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Wolf74 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

Guess what? That is how the game was intended.

I’m sorry, but I could’ve sworn I already said it was 10/10?

• The_Crusader
    edited October 2018
    Killers - Hook a guy and then sit on them for the rest of the game.

Also killers - gens get done too fast!!!!

They cry that perks like Borrowed time are OP, but then it's easy to see why its in the game with the way some killers play.

Even Decisive. I HATE Decisive but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't times I wish I brought it with me when you get tunneled over and over again.

It's like half of the stuff that annoys killers exists because of the way they play. The crappy killers ruin it for the rest of us.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Killers - Hook a guy and then sit on them for the rest of the game.

Also killers - gens get done too fast!!!!

They cry that perks like Borrowed time are OP, but then it's easy to see why its in the game with the way some killers play.

Even Decisive. I HATE Decisive but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't times I wish I brought it with me when you get tunneled over and over again.

It's like half of the stuff that annoys killers exists because of the way they play. The crappy killers ruin it for the rest of us.
    I confess that I have been camping slightly more than normal during the event, but that was to deliberately sabotage Chaser and try to de-pip. I didn't want to enter red ranks during an event, nosiree.
  • AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    edited October 2018

My biggest reason for camping is that the other survivors make it the best strategy. If I'm camping you it's because I can see your little friends coming to get you and it makes 0 sense for me to leave the area. I think this aspect gets overlooked a bunch on the forum.

If another survivor is clearly in the immediate area around the hook, I'm going to stay in the area, get the hit or even the down before moving on. It would be crazy not to. Granted this is more of a roaming the hook type camp than the face camp just a note.

• Wolf74

And since ranking up makes matches for killer more unpleasant, I could use camping to slow down my rank up.

• The_Crusader

My biggest reason for camping is that the other survivors make it the best strategy. If I'm camping you it's because I can see your little friends coming to get you and it makes 0 sense for me to leave the area. I think this aspect gets overlooked a bunch on the forum.

If another survivor is clearly in the immediate area around the hook, I'm going to stay in the area, get the hit or even the down before moving on. It would be crazy not to. Granted this is more of a roaming the hook type camp than the face camp just a note.

Nah the ones I'm on about camp for the sake of camping.

Wraith and Pig players do it because rhey have no terror radius so they can just sit there and jump whoever comes.

Trapper players "patrol" but you can see all your allies far off in the distance. It's funny those times when you're left to die on the hook, and this guys camping hard and not realizing that nobody is coming. Jokes on you buddy!

The funniest is the Hag. Puts all 10 traps down around the hook......then facecamps anyway. LOL!
  • Attackfrog
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's other people. Its called having empathy ya know, I can relate to how crappy it is for that person who got unlucky, hooked early and is now being facecamped so will get no points and a de-pip.

"Gen rushing" isn't an answer. It's only an option in SWF. If you play solo you have no control over the two other members of your team wasting time going in for the save and getting downed. Sometimes they do it just because they feel a moral sense of duty to do it. ######### killers take advantage of this.

It happens far too often. This is the problem with killers, they all cry about SWF but so many of them play in a way which makes people feel like they only can play with friends to have an enjoyable experience.
    GOOD killers take advantage of it. Not my fault if 2 survivors rush the hook 3 seconds after I put someone there. Blame them. They are the ones that ki!led you.

Swf isn't required to do gens while the killer is camping. Or find chests. Or do totems. Goods survivors take advantage of a killer wasting time face camping.

Sucks for the one on the hook, but if it is really just bum luck, there is always next game. But  if this is happening consistently for you, you may have to adapt your play style.
  • The_Crusader
    Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

GOOD killers take advantage of it. Not my fault if 2 survivors rush the hook 3 seconds after I put someone there. Blame them. They are the ones that ki!led you.

Swf isn't required to do gens while the killer is camping. Or find chests. Or do totems. Goods survivors take advantage of a killer wasting time face camping.

Sucks for the one on the hook, but if it is really just bum luck, there is always next game. But  if this is happening consistently for you, you may have to adapt your play style.
    Yes people rushing unhooks in front of the killer is a common problem. The survivors take full blame for that.

As do killers who facecamp for the sake of it when nobody is there.

Again you can't help what other survivors do. You cant stop them rushing unhooks. You can't stop them from playing altruistic against a camping killer.

You're entirely at the mercy of the matchmaking system. So then you play more SWF, but then more killers complain about SWF etc it's a vicious cycle.
  • AgentTalon
    edited October 2018

Just to be clear on this issue from a 10,000ft view. Survivors don't like camping because it makes a single round less than perfect for the person being camped, correct? Is a single round of being camped, less than 5 minutes of gameplay, so upsetting that it's the actual reason for hundreds of threads?

I'm seriously asking because I play both sides and have yet to get upset about being facecamped because it's such a small amount of time wasted before I can join a new game.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Wolf74 said:

Yeah, that's what I do all the time when I run Deliverance.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Imagine my shock
    Taking away point that go toward piping preventing to rank up didn't stop people from camping?
    REALLY?
    It's almost like people don't want to rank up to begin with
    /s

• The_Crusader

Just to be clear on this issue from a 10,000ft view. Survivors don't like camping because it makes a single round less than perfect for the person being camped, correct? Is a single round of being camped, less than 5 minutes of gameplay, so upsetting that it's the actual reason for hundreds of threads?

I'm seriously asking because I play both sides and have yet to get upset about being facecamped because it's such a small amount of time wasted before I can join a new game.

Because it's horrendous for the person on the hook, it's boring for the other survivors, and it causes people to de-pip in a spiteful way.

People want to win but they also want a bit of a thrill. There's none to be had when you're either dangling on a hook unable to play, or holding M1 unchallenged until the gens are finished. That isn't why people play the game.

It happens quite often that's why it's such a big issue.

Plus sometimes people just D/C when they're being camped. So the killer gets his quitter bonus and can camp someone else and win this way. He doesn't care, to him it's another 4k.
  • AgentTalon

@The_Crusader said:
    AgentTalon said:

Because it's horrendous for the person on the hook, it's boring for the other survivors, and it causes people to de-pip in a spiteful way.

People want to win but they also want a bit of a thrill. There's none to be had when you're either dangling on a hook unable to play, or holding M1 unchallenged until the gens are finished. That isn't why people play the game.

It happens quite often that's why it's such a big issue.

Plus sometimes people just D/C when they're being camped. So the killer gets his quitter bonus and can camp someone else and win this way. He doesn't care, to him it's another 4k.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I haven't run into that many campers at this point so it seems like a smaller issue to me. However, I can see how it would get real old if it happened all the time. Anything involving a DC just sucks.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@The_Crusader said:
    That's obvious now after playing it for a while.

What however can the devs do to remedy this situation? Camping isn't fun for whoever gets caught first and causes people to de-pip purely for the mistake of being first hooked.

I feel like I'm just gonna have to start disconnecting everytime I'm against the Pig at this rate.

The devs will never understand hwo their changes will actually affect the game because they dont play the game on their own.

Just DC everytime, and the devs will allow you to take a break from the game, apparently you need one :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:

It kills the fun.

Seems interesting, the ingame pics actually make you feel like you play an horror game.
    I will give it a try soon^^

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

Nah the ones I'm on about camp for the sake of camping.

Wraith and Pig players do it because rhey have no terror radius so they can just sit there and jump whoever comes.

Trapper players "patrol" but you can see all your allies far off in the distance. It's funny those times when you're left to die on the hook, and this guys camping hard and not realizing that nobody is coming. Jokes on you buddy!

The funniest is the Hag. Puts all 10 traps down around the hook......then facecamps anyway. LOL!
    When you rank up most wraiths don’t camp
  • Soul_Consumption
    Soul_Consumption Member Posts: 68

While camping isn't a good strategy. It still is one, and I feel it should be there for those who really wanna go down that road, but like others have stated. There's definitely countermeasures you can take to avoid being in that situation. Step back and realistically think about camping. What sense would it make for a killer to let their prey escape, unless that was a part of their plan. See what I'm saying? If it happens and you don't pip, well take that L and move on. Not every game is a game where you get face camped. Learn from your mistakes, and improve yourself.
    Good luck out there in the fog.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Seems that the penalty is benefiting the more hardcore campers. Now they get to kill you and have less of a chance to pip, keeping them in the ranks where camping still works.
  • Attackfrog

@The_Crusader said:
    Attackfrog said:

The_Crusader said:

Wolf74 said:

@The_Crusader said:

Wolf74 said:

God why so bitter?

Yes people rushing unhooks in front of the killer is a common problem. The survivors take full blame for that.

As do killers who facecamp for the sake of it when nobody is there.

Again you can't help what other survivors do. You cant stop them rushing unhooks. You can't stop them from playing altruistic against a camping killer.

You're entirely at the mercy of the matchmaking system. So then you play more SWF, but then more killers complain about SWF etc it's a vicious cycle.

Yes. This makes sense and is very true.

We are all just using the tools the games gives us, be it pallet looping, face camping, DS, NOED, or anything else that is frustrating....It's all part of the game and so long as it is allowed....we better find a way to counter it.

So far, there is no counter for coordinated (voice commed) SWF. This is something BHVR needs to address.

• powerbats

@KiraElijah said:

rank 1-3 says otherwise and a good portion of Wraiths either hard camp within 2 steps or so of the hook some with Insidious. Then complain post game chat about getting gen rushed after hard camping 1st hook and not a single gen has been done. The rest of the campers go about 10-15 steps away and camp and also complain about being gen rushed.

The other funny thing is post ame they say ez, as if it actually takes skill to sit there and camp a hooked survivor.

• Wolf74

@powerbats said:

The other funny thing is post ame they say ez, as if it actually takes skill to sit there and camp a hooked survivor.

But unhooking someone is worse 1500 bloodpoints even if no on is near?
    Pretty high reward for a non skillfull action without a risk.

• powerbats

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

But unhooking someone is worse 1500 bloodpoints even if no on is near?
    Pretty high reward for a non skillfull action without a risk.

Yet they lose that if the person gets hooked right away, they also lose them if more get hooked or that person gets killed. How about this we get no unhook points you get no hook points problem solved.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Wolf74 said:

I agree with everything you said here however I'm not sure what BHVR was thinking with the emblem loss for killers who camp because anyone trying to rank up knows not to camp. All they have done is offer hard camping killers the ability to (more easily) de-pip and stay at low ranks. It seems to not be stopping anything.

Also even if you don't jump on an objective you cannot always prevent being the first caught. I've been camped plenty of times but just play the match out and move on.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    powerbats said:

@KiraElijah said:

rank 1-3 says otherwise and a good portion of Wraiths either hard camp within 2 steps or so of the hook some with Insidious. Then complain post game chat about getting gen rushed after hard camping 1st hook and not a single gen has been done. The rest of the campers go about 10-15 steps away and camp and also complain about being gen rushed.

O.o Have I been playing wraith wrong?
  • The_Crusader
    edited October 2018
    powerbats said:

@KiraElijah said:

All true but don't say it on here or you'll get a mountain of salt sent your way.

Gens times need to be increased so killers have time to facecamp ALL of the survivors didn't you know.

They all cry camping is a legit strategy and then cry when it doesn't work out the way they want it to. God forbid they actually put some effort into the game.
  • AgentTalon
    edited October 2018

Played a decent amount of rounds this weekend and realized that I do sometimes use a short camp strategy. I've been letting all my hooks get to the entity phase before backing off, let's me keep everyone at a 2 hook pretty easily. I've moved into rank 6 and surprisingly it still works, seems like everyone is very altruistic at the moment.

I should mention I've been landing quite a few hatchets on those survivors who t-bag and wave over to try and get me off the hook, they seem to forget I can throw things at them. So I get a hook and 1 injured survivor.

• KickUasS
    KickUasS Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2018

This game is name Camp By daylight. lol

Post edited by KickUasS on
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    You really thought this would have worked? 
This discussion has been closed.