Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should Shelter Woods have a hill added?

WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

This map is devoid and completely negates Balanced Landing so adding a hill would give a good vantage point and allow balanced to be used. So I think yes.

Should Shelter Woods have a hill added? 49 votes

Yes
83%
BlueberryTapeKnotceerooverblue4zionDimekCashelP14Fog_KingLeonardo1itadoitagain_UistreeloinkzoinkAhoyWolfSunaIIanuInsaneCoasterSebaOutbreakHermitMorriganFFirebranddRothlonThicc_Boi_Myers 41 votes
No
16%
Seiko300feechimaPlantCollectorDarootLeafstormChurchofPigDerZuntorTrashmasterRK67 8 votes

Comments

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278
    Yes

Yes, maybe in the centre of the map why not. Or in some crazy good place where it's cool to see and it's useful

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Yes

I wish that huge tree in the middle was made a little bit more interesting, so it would become more of a main structure instead of just being some random big tree in the middle. But I'm okay with this too.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Yes

Not only a hill should be added, but the tree in the middle should have a vault or something. I hate playing on this map, because if the killer gets you in the middle, there is not much you can do.

• PlantCollector
    PlantCollector Member Posts: 344
    No

They should add a tree house or somrthing like that to the middle tree, with a vault and a drop where you can loop the killer.

A simple hill isn't enough for this map imo.

• cynical
    cynical Member Posts: 19
    Yes

Yes, especially now that you can't even activate BL off the tree in the middle.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    No

For me, it's 50/50 on this issue. I understand why people want a hill on Shelter Woods, however for the amount of uproar it has there doesn't appear to be many people running Balanced Landing in my experience. It's usually Sprint Burst, Lithe, or Dead Hard (out of the 3 it's mostly Sprint Burst and Dead Hard).

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531
    Yes

On one of the unreleased swamp maps there was a big tree you could loop and had ways to hide and stuff and a way to proc balanced i'm pretty sure, I'd just like them to move that or just revamp the middle tree to actually do something in shelter woods

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Yes

It needs something done to it. The middle is a death trap.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Yes

I was gonna say exactly the same thing - I think it would be a great idea to implement this into Shelter Woods.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    No

I'm not a big fan of shelter woods as a map in general, but I do appreciate what it "symbolizes" if that makes any sense, different locations within each realm should force you to play differently, and I don't really like the idea of making every single map reuse the same assets for essentially the same purposes. The more things that there are that differentiate maps and make them unique the better imo, this way it forces you to rethink your strategy and adapt to the map that you find yourself in.

Unpopular opinion I suppose, but the logic behind it makes sense nonetheless.

If the devs wanted to maybe rework the middle tree such that you could climb it high enough that it would proc balanced landing, that might be a cool little "tips and tricks" thing that new players would have to discover for themselves, (I think this used to be a thing at some point but I'm not sure if it still works) that I wouldn't mind but I don't think the hill is a good idea.

• Rothlon
    Rothlon Member Posts: 18
    Yes

I think Shelter Woods needs a rework in general, I counted once, and with the gen spawns I got I was able to check them all in around 20 seconds, I feel bad when I get it as killer because it's basically a confirmed 4k for me. At the same time Haddon Field needs the same treatment, I feel bad for the killer when we get that map, my favorite loop is when the window is open next to the basement, and the lovely long walls