Billy's "Lack-of-Skill"-Saw

AntiJelly
AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Personally every time I face a Hillbilly and he hits a chainsaw hit on me, it feels really unfair. Just an immediate end to the chase, no challenge at all. Even when you try to dodge (360 spins, fake outs, etc), the big ol' chainsaw hitbox hits you. Then, when I play Billy, I almost never hit my chainsaw, but he is my one of my 3 least played killers, so there's that. I play Xbox, which runs at about 20 fps, so there's also that. I propose a change to his power:

• Remove the whip. The whip can let the Hillbilly do some crazy weird things with his chainsaw that don't make sense sometimes. Once the saw is fully charged, he has the limited sensitivity the whole time. The Hillbilly shouldn't have leeway on an instadown power, it should require good timing and aiming.

• When the Hillbilly does hit the survivor with his chainsaw, instead of instadowning, it trigger the bleedout effect, like borrowed time. The survivor has 30 seconds of bleedout before they are put into the dying state. His power is a little too powerful for being a map pressure power, and an instadown power, and he has 115% movement speed. The bleedout would still give about the same pressure, but still require the Hillbilly to participate in chases.

Again, constructive criticism, thoughts, and mild banter is welcome.

Comments

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@AntiJelly said:
    Personally every time I face a Hillbilly and he hits a chainsaw hit on me, it feels really unfair. Just an immediate end to the chase, no challenge at all. Even when you try to dodge (360 spins, fake outs, etc), the big ol' chainsaw hitbox hits you. Then, when I play Billy, I almost never hit my chainsaw, but he is my one of my 3 least played killers, so there's that. I play Xbox, which runs at about 20 fps, so there's also that. I propose a change to his power:

• Remove the whip. The whip can let the Hillbilly do some crazy weird things with his chainsaw that don't make sense sometimes. Once the saw is fully charged, he has the limited sensitivity the whole time. The Hillbilly shouldn't have leeway on an instadown power, it should require good timing and aiming.

• When the Hillbilly does hit the survivor with his chainsaw, instead of instadowning, it trigger the bleedout effect, like borrowed time. The survivor has 30 seconds of bleedout before they are put into the dying state. His power is a little too powerful for being a map pressure power, and an instadown power, and he has 115% movement speed. The bleedout would still give about the same pressure, but still require the Hillbilly to participate in chases.

maybe not nerf the chainsaw but his movement speed and base stats. make him moere reliant on th chainsaw to force players to git gud at him.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

30 secs bleedout timer? there wouldn't be a point to hitting ppl with a chainsaw then

• AntiJelly

@friendlykillermain said:
    maybe not nerf the chainsaw but his movement speed and base stats. make him moere reliant on th chainsaw to force players to git gud at him.

I honestly think that NO killer should have 110% movement speed. Powers should be adjusted to fit the 115% movement speed base.

• AntiJelly

@MhhBurgers said:
    30 secs bleedout timer? there wouldn't be a point to hitting ppl with a chainsaw then

It's a general number, something around there. My main point is that billy should still participate in chases, but have shorter ones compared to other killers. This is what the bleedout timer would do.

• friendlykillermain

@AntiJelly said:

I honestly think that NO killer should have 110% movement speed. Powers should be adjusted to fit the 115% movement speed base.

maybe but i mean his lunge is ridicoulous only myers teir 3 should have lunges like that.

• AntiJelly

@My_Dude said:
    Billy is fine, but the Doc has a solution for you specifically.

Thank you for contributing nothing to the conversation.

• AntiJelly

maybe but i mean his lunge is ridicoulous only myers teir 3 should have lunges like that.

I don't think he has a different lunge? Haven't tested it, but I assume it is baseline.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@AntiJelly said:

I agree with this, I bloody hate the fact that when he starts his chainsaw sprint he can whip his saw in any direction and he takes NO skill whatsoever to use

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

@alivebydeadight said:

@AntiJelly said:

I agree with this, I bloody hate the fact that when he starts his chainsaw sprint he can whip his saw in any direction and he takes NO skill whatsoever to use

Try playing BIlly and timing that whip right without turning Add-Ons.

Let me know how it goes.

• alivebydeadight

@My_Dude said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@AntiJelly said:

Try playing BIlly and timing that whip right without turning Add-Ons.

Let me know how it goes.

I never use turning add-ons on billy

• friendlykillermain

@alivebydeadight said:

@AntiJelly said:

thank god someone agrees

• alivebydeadight

@friendlykillermain yeah this is the second best killer in dbd and he takes no skill in the chase to down somebody and no skill to find somebody outside of chase, at least nurse takes skill to learn and use

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AntiJelly said:

The Nurse and Killers with ranged attacks should be slower than M1 Killers. This adds a layer of complexity to the game.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@AntiJelly said:
    Personally every time I face a Hillbilly and he hits a chainsaw hit on me, it feels really unfair. Then, when I play Billy, I almost never hit my chainsaw.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to get across but you completely contradicted yourself by saying this.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

The Nurse and Killers with ranged attacks should be slower than M1 Killers. This adds a layer of complexity to the game.

I remember back when some Nurse players just chased survivors down rather than blink, since they moved faster than survivors. Good old times.

• Orion

@se05239 said:

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

I remember back when some Nurse players just chased survivors down rather than blink, since they moved faster than survivors. Good old times.

She could still work as an M1 Killer back then, so her skill floor was lower. Now, however, you either git gud or you lose.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Orion said:

@se05239 said:

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

She could still work as an M1 Killer back then, so her skill floor was lower. Now, however, you either git gud or you lose.

Well currently we have this stupid situation where if somebody is perfect at the nurse you have no chance to escape. This would be fine for an esports title but this isn't one.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Classic case of get good. Here's a tip, don't try to 360 or any of that ######### its easy to follow and predict. Instead gain the short amount of distance during his charge up and then at the last second dodge it. You will gain enough distance to make it so billy can't do a whip to redirect himself to you and he can't turn fast enough to hit you last second. Just do a quick right or left depending if the billy is going more to one side or the other and boom ez dodge.
  • Orion
    edited October 2018

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@se05239 said:

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

Well currently we have this stupid situation where if somebody is perfect at the nurse you have no chance to escape. This would be fine for an esports title but this isn't one.

If you're perfect as Survivor, there's roughly a 50/50 chance you'll escape against someone who is perfect with the Nurse.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Instead of nefing the killers that are viable buff all the others

• friendlykillermain

@ThirdSealOPplzNerf said:
    Instead of nefing the killers that are viable buff all the others

love to see that poor shape and pig need some love

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Billy is good he might even need a buff to some of his addons.

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

Hillbilly is what i would describe as the perfect spot for a killer. It takes just enough skill with him to do good, and he has a high enough skill ceiling for an amazing player to do very well. Hillbilly does not need any adjustments at all. If you have not spent the time to get good at playing against or as a certain killer, I would not recommend trying to "fix" said killer; as you do not yet understand what it takes for that billy to make it seem unfair. All other killers should fit nicely into the spot Hillbilly is in, in terms of power. I play on PC though, surely the fact that you play on Xbox is the issue; the game is balanced around PC i believe. @AntiJelly

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Basically remove his skill aspect and turn him completely into M1lly, because you can neither hit or dodge chainsaws. No thanks.

Just revert his controls to release state, he was perfect back then, except the flick could use the controls of the current whip. Tighten up the hitbox, so its really hard to hit survivors.

He'd have the old stiff whip and the old stiff turning and at the end, he can do the flick which controls like the current whip. That would combine all the hard aspects of billy and please every billy player (old billys rejoice and new billys can still benefit from their current billy skills).
    There's so many cool options for billy rework.

• AntiJelly

@EntityDispleased said:
    "Then, when I play Billy, I almost never hit my chainsaw, but he is my one of my 3 least played killers, so there's that."

So you pretty much contradicted yourself... This is like complaining about nurse being op because you've been matched up against a good nurse player. You probably can't hit these chainsaws because as you said he's one of your least played killers. The guys who makes these chainsaw hits look easy are people who either main him or play him often. I've been a billy main for quite a while and I always felt like these chainsaws have been really easy, until I actually get a really good survivor who will juke me into hell and back till I give up and smack them. It seems extra easy against bad/inexperienced survivors but quite hard against good ones.

My point is that he is much too easy to pick up and start playing. I have 1,000+ hours in the game and the only reason I can't play him is because Xbox has 20 fps and it causes a LOT of misses. I've seen way too many people playing Billy and it just feels unfair to be hit by it. Even when you try you hardest and make the Billy miss a few times, it still sucks when you get hit by it, or any insta-down power. The problem with Billy is that he has it ALL the time. it shouldn't be as powerful as it is. I also think Nurse should be looked at as well, but that's a much different story.

• AntiJelly

@fcc2014 said:
    Billy is good he might even need a buff to some of his addons.

Billy is much too easy to pick up, especially for how powerful his power is. I agree his addons need buffs (Also applies to Leatherface), but my main point here is that there's no build up or chase value to his power. No chases. I think that every killer should have some sort of "chase". It's part of the game, and both Billy and Leatherface's chainsaws need a rework. Michael Myers is the perfect example of how you should integrate the Exposed effect into a power.

• friendlykillermain

@AntiJelly said:

@EntityDispleased said:
    "Then, when I play Billy, I almost never hit my chainsaw, but he is my one of my 3 least played killers, so there's that."

So you pretty much contradicted yourself... This is like complaining about nurse being op because you've been matched up against a good nurse player. You probably can't hit these chainsaws because as you said he's one of your least played killers. The guys who makes these chainsaw hits look easy are people who either main him or play him often. I've been a billy main for quite a while and I always felt like these chainsaws have been really easy, until I actually get a really good survivor who will juke me into hell and back till I give up and smack them. It seems extra easy against bad/inexperienced survivors but quite hard against good ones.

My point is that he is much too easy to pick up and start playing. I have 1,000+ hours in the game and the only reason I can't play him is because Xbox has 20 fps and it causes a LOT of misses. I've seen way too many people playing Billy and it just feels unfair to be hit by it. Even when you try you hardest and make the Billy miss a few times, it still sucks when you get hit by it, or any insta-down power. The problem with Billy is that he has it ALL the time. it shouldn't be as powerful as it is. I also think Nurse should be looked at as well, but that's a much different story.

check out my thread if you want criticism for your values it hs over 50 comments with helpful insight this inst spam this just a helpful recommend thread is "im just gonna come out and say it"

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165
    edited October 2018

@AntiJelly said:
    My point is that he is much too easy to pick up and start playing. I have 1,000+ hours in the game and the only reason I can't play him is because Xbox has 20 fps and it causes a LOT of misses. I've seen way too many people playing Billy and it just feels unfair to be hit by it.

My guy. If you are playing on Xbox. So are all the Billys that are killing you. He is not that easy to just pick up and kill people with, you cant do it and everyone you are playing with has no advantage over you. Learn to play Billy and then come up with adjustments if you still think they are necessary.

• AntiJelly
    edited October 2018

check out my thread if you want criticism for your values it hs over 50 comments with helpful insight this inst spam this just a helpful recommend thread is "im just gonna come out and say it"

Yeah I read that one, but I wanted to make a suggestion on how to change the power. I don't think it's enough to just say "this needs to be changed". I want to make a suggestion, see people's opinions, and debate with them.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@MhhBurgers said:

@Orion said:

@se05239 said:

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

DbD ain't a competitive game. If it was, there would be a greater focus on balancing the game at top rank instead of trying to band-aid problems. Might as well remove ranks for all I care, it serves little purpose.

• AntiJelly

@se05239 said:

DbD ain't a competitive game. If it was, there would be a greater focus on balancing the game at top rank instead of trying to band-aid problems. Might as well remove ranks for all I care, it serves little purpose.

Dbd is a competitive game though. The developers don't act like it, which is why there's always so much discourse in the community. The devs just keep band-aid patching things, without taking out the HUGE problems, one at a time.

• AntiJelly

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

Yeah, I wasn't exactly thinking about her. She's the only one IMO who should have a slower movement speed. Making killers have a 110% movement speed, honestly, is a cop-out on the dev's part. More effort should go into the power to make it balanced, instead of adjusting the base movement speed.

• Orion

@AntiJelly said:

@Orion said:

@AntiJelly said:

Yeah, I wasn't exactly thinking about her. She's the only one IMO who should have a slower movement speed. Making killers have a 110% movement speed, honestly, is a cop-out on the dev's part. More effort should go into the power to make it balanced, instead of adjusting the base movement speed.

The balance comes, in part, from the reduced movement speed. ######### up with the Huntress, for example, and you will have a hard time actually catching Survivors. You are rewarded for using the power effectively and punished for not doing so.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Just make his power more punishing. Right now, he is not punished for missing the chainsaw. 
    I suggest this:
    When you stop holding M2, Hillbilly will continue running for 1 second (can be tweaked).
    This will also be more "realistic", as you can't stop immediately when running IRL.
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    The reason he is top tier is because he has massive map control. Take that away and he loses his top tier spot. He's very susceptible to looping. If you play against a Billy and he catches you out in the open that's your fault.