To the Survivors who self-sacrifice the first time I hook you:

Options
2»

Comments

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Well, I mean, it's a game and it's supposed to be enjoyable. I don't suicide on hooks and it is annoying indeed but it's their time and no one is going to give their time back so... That's up to them.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

I mean when your only objectives as killer is to kill and delay gens when there are no gens left to defend you know what to expect

• onemind
    Options
  • onemind
    Options

That's not how it works pal you need both killer and survivors to find matches quickly

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

I had a game the other day that right after spawning a survivor threw a pallet down and crouched in the corner. Leatherface downed me since our room had one entrance. I got hooked and another survivor unhooked me immediately after leatherfave hooked me without borrowed time. I got hooked again and didn't fight it. All this happened in the first 30 seconds of the game.

Granted I totally agree people shouldn't just give up but situations like this I totally understand.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,128
    Options

Thank them for the easy game.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

I had a game recently where another survivor immediately threw a pallet at that start of the match. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and viewed it as unintentional. However, the same survivor then followed 2 of us and started fast vaulting through windows when we started working on a gen. They weren't being chased. I went and found the killer. They chased me for a bit. When I got hooked I made sure that was the end of the match for me. I wasn't hanging around in a match where another survivor was trying to sabotage the rest of the team.

Had another match where I was on the hook and the killer was camping. I could see the aura all 3 of the other survivors. 1 was standing on the other side of the map not moving. The other 2 were sneaking around near where I was hooked waiting for the killer to move so they could unhook me. It doesn't take 2 of them to get me when/if the killer walks away. I guess the bloodpoints for unhooking me made it a competition to see who could get to me first despite the fact that meant no one was completing a single second of an objective. If the killer is camping me and none of the 3 other survivors are even attempting to work on an objective I know the rest of my team is either stupid or their goal is not escape. Don't know which one it was in this case, nor do I care. When it's obvious they rest of my team either isn't trying to escape or lacks the intelligence to do so I'm gonna die on the first hook and move on to the next match.

I realize I can only speak for myself, but if I suicide on first hook it's because another survivor, or more than one of them, has already done the team dirty.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Jesus came back and started spittin straight fax

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

While I think that suiciding on first hook is literally garbage, I've had to do it once or twice.

1. I'm in a position where I cannot physically finish the match. I can run a pretty tight schedule sometimes with my classes and often the queue into a match lands right at the time I need to go to class. Or my mom calls me for dinner. I usually try to finish the match but its not always possible for me.
    2. If I have been working on generators for the entire time I've been in the match and there's only the one or two I've done myself, and the others are no where in sight. This doesn't cause to suicide immediately, but if I see someone get hooked and see everyone crouching everywhere or hiding in lockers or trying to immediately unhook, I will debate it because they're not doing the objectives, they're not playing the game, they're playing Crouch Simulator 2021. And also, whenever they get on gens and immediately pop it like 2 or more times consecutively when you had it over half done it's just.... I don't wanna be there...
  • LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

While I think that suiciding on first hook is literally garbage, I've had to do it once or twice.

1. I'm in a position where I cannot physically finish the match. I can run a pretty tight schedule sometimes with my classes and often the queue into a match lands right at the time I need to go to class. Or my mom calls me for dinner. I usually try to finish the match but its not always possible for me.
    2. If I have been working on generators for the entire time I've been in the match and there's only the one or two I've done myself, and the others are no where in sight. This doesn't cause to suicide immediately, but if I see someone get hooked and see everyone crouching everywhere or hiding in lockers or trying to immediately unhook, I will debate it because they're not doing the objectives, they're not playing the game, they're playing Crouch Simulator 2021. And also, whenever they get on gens and immediately pop it like 2 or more times consecutively when you had it over half done it's just.... I don't wanna be there...
  • SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

There's way more people wanting to play survivor than killer. So come on KITT let's go bring in those killers pal. Internet toughguys ftw

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

If the killer is using pink hatchet, pink finger, or is running Spirit with purple amulet pink ring and running Undying, Ruin and Stridor on top of it, etc. I struggle not to kill myself on first hook. And often they even camp whoever they hooked. I don't even struggle while being carried he can take me to the basement if he wants.

Not really interested in playing stupid games like that.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

For some reason, killing yourself on hook bothers me less than DCing. I think it's because it seems less like an attempt to cheat the killer out of points.

FWIW, the only time I've tried to kill myself on hook was when I was getting lag spikes thanks to Windows 10. I just wanted to leave before I made everything worse, but my teammates saved me before I could die. So I hobbled to a gen and tried to stay still and work on it so I'd contribute something. It was awful.

• Yanthegamer558
    Yanthegamer558 Member Posts: 93
    Options

Well i’m sorry if i want to do the best strat in this game.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

It isn't a card; it is a fact. Survivors who disconnect (or suicide on the hook) are screwing over the other Survivors. There is no gray area on that point. Quit trying to make this an "us versus them" argument, when it isn't. Most Killers also play Survivor. If you score poorly and or lose a lot, you have no one to blame but yourself. Nobody is responsible for how well you do (or how much fun you have) but yourself. I really do want to help you, so I'm not going to sugarcoat this for you. You will never get better at this game, nor will you have all that much fun until you own your own problems and quit trying to blame anything or anyone else for your failures. This is a PvP game with specific, defined roles and they have mutually exclusive goals. If that isn't the kind of game you enjoy, why are you here? Expecting people to redefine the game for your personal preferences is both unreasonable and insane.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm not sure you understand the definition of hypocrisy because you are using it here incorrectly. Please allow me to retort:

1. If you are a Survivor and suicide on the hook you are ruining/diminishing the chances of your teammates, i.e. the people who are on the same side as you. You are doing the opposite of your objective.
    2. Killers who tunnel, camp, slug, or Mori are doing their job; they are supposed to be trying to kill you. That is their objective.

There is no hypocrisy here because these are apples and oranges as far as situations go. It doesn't matter if it is a Killer or a Survivor commenting about the behavior on this Forum, suiciding on the hook hurts the other Survivors MORE. Your attempt to somehow make this conversation about something else is a logical fallacy.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

How is teabagging another survivor in the basement the best strat in this game? Can you explain, i am always eager to learn new things. Maybe i did it all wrong the last 4k hours.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
    Options

That’s the consequence of bringing something that most of the killer community hates. If you go in with OoO or a key you know that your gonna have a target on your back the whole game. Deal with it.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
    Options
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

Yeah, because no one camps or tunnels for other stupid reasons.

Get a clue.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328
    Options

Same with teammates that do gens when you're hooked (and running kindred) and when they are done with the gen, they go to another gen to repair that. Yeah, then I'm out, since I won't get the chance to escape that match anyway.