Spirit with purple = insta grab for every survivor

Apparently with just purple - not even ultra rare - addons, the Spirit can extend the travel distance while fading and remove completely any sound while phasing, this without any counter-benefit to balance.

This simply resulted in zero chases because all the survivors got caught instantly while doing gens.

So my match was to unhook everyone and occasionally juke and lose her (by chance I was playing a zero-traces build), but she managed to get 3 kills and only 3 gens were done.

This is directly related to the addons rather than any form of skill on the killer side.

Good job devs! :)

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

She's talking about the Prayer Beads.

It wasn't zero skill on the killers part, it was you all being bad and having no situational awareness. This is quite simply a learn to play issue, not a killer issue.

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187

Zero skill.
    I can tell you cause she couldnt get me even once.
    Without addons she was nothing.

• HarryToeknuckles
    HarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

Every games different bruh, move on.

• Radiant

Hi killer mains, I welcome you all to another topic you're trying to hide under tons of useless answers.

Kisses.

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

@Radiant said:
    Hi killer mains, I welcome you all to another topic you're trying to hide under tons of useless answers.

Kisses.

Im a killer main, and a fan of the spirit, and I actually agree with you on this one :) That addon is extremely strong for a purple and there is not any real counterplay.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

I'm only lvl 17 with the Spirit and haven't run into this add-on yet. I assume you just phase to a gen where you hear the repair and look for the snatch?

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

@Radiant said:

Kisses.

How do you do?

• KillJiggy

@AgentTalon said:
    I'm only lvl 17 with the Spirit and haven't run into this add-on yet. I assume you just phase to a gen where you hear the repair and look for the snatch?

Yes. That is how it works. They do not have any indication you are there but you can hear them working on the gen so you pull them off.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    KillJiggy said:

@Radiant said:

Kisses.

Im a killer main, and a fan of the spirit, and I actually agree with you on this one :) That addon is extremely strong for a purple and there is not any real counterplay.

Spine Chill, Object of Obsession, actually listening, actually paying attention to the environment. It is indeed a powerful add-on, but dont spread your lies.
  • Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Radiant said:

Kisses.

You mean the no counter play like Premonition and Spine Chill? Or do you mean Iron Will?

• KillJiggy
    edited October 2018

@PigNRun said:

Spine Chill, Object of Obsession, actually listening, actually paying attention to the environment. It is indeed a powerful add-on, but dont spread your lies.

Yes because running certain perks is outplaying someone. If you are on the game map, there is literally no counterplay to this addon at all. If you are doing a gen in any building there is no counterplay, at all.

• KillJiggy

@PigNRun "actually listening" do you know what addon we are talking about? it literally says it removes the sound she makes, you cannot "listen"

• Blueberry
    edited October 2018

@KillJiggy said:
    @PigNRun "actually listening" do you know what addon we are talking about? it literally says it removes the sound she makes, you cannot "listen"

It's because you don't understand what he's talking about. He doesn't mean the spirit sounds, he means things like the grass which are quite loud.

• KillJiggy
    edited October 2018

@Blueberry said:

@KillJiggy said:

It's because you don't understand what he's talking about. He doesn't mean the spirit sounds, he means things like the grass which are quite loud.

Oh yeah my bad i forgot i was supposed to hear the slight movement of the grass whilst working on my generator, and oh yeah, refer to my other comment on gens in buildings or on the game map.

• PigNRun
    You can still hear her interactions with the environment, like corn and grass.
  • KillJiggy

@PigNRun said:

Again refer to my comment about buildings, and the game map. And also about totally hearing the slight movement of grass when I am working on a generator

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

@KillJiggy said:

Oh yeah my bad i forgot i was supposed to hear the slight movement of the grass whilst working on my generator, and oh yeah, refer to my other comment on gens in buildings or on the game map.

You can also see the grass moving, if grass movement and hearing it isn't enough for you then this is a skill issue and that's all. He's also wasting a very-rare addon, that's like me complaining about your ultra-rare BNP.

Lastly, let's not cite a couple niche maps out of literally dozens. Just because there might be like 2 maps that make it harder to handle isn't a justification for it being a problem. Even then, you can use Premonition or Spine Chill to completely negate her on those maps.

• PigNRun
    KillJiggy said:

@PigNRun said:

Again refer to my comment about buildings, and the game map. And also about totally hearing the slight movement of grass when I am working on a generator

Then shall we talk about Balanced Landing in The Game? Claudette in dark maps? Stealth killers in Lery's? Trapper in Macmillan Estate?

Maps will always favour a certain gameplay. Thats how it is and wont change.
  • KillJiggy

Lastly, let's not cite a couple niche maps out of literally dozens. Just because there might be like 2 maps that make it harder to handle isn't a justification for it being a problem. Even then, you can use Premonition or Spine Chill to completely negate her on those maps.

I think bnps should be removed from the game too. I think insta heals should be removed. I think myers unlimited tier 3 should be removed. And yeah there is shack gens, And looking at the grass? foreal? For how fast she is, there is a major chance you get pulled off regardless. And yeah because I know what map the game is going to choose, and what killer i will be playing against so ill run those perks for those instances (sarcasm)

• KillJiggy

@PigNRun said:
    KillJiggy said:

@PigNRun said:

Then shall we talk about Balanced Landing in The Game? Claudette in dark maps? Stealth killers in Lery's? Trapper in Macmillan Estate?

Maps will always favour a certain gameplay. Thats how it is and wont change.

The fact you mentioned balanced landing makes me unable to find anything you say plausible anymore lol

• PigNRun
    edited October 2018
    KillJiggy said:

And yeah because I know what map the game is going to choose, and what killer i will be playing against so ill run those perks for those instances (sarcasm)

Then you will be sacrificed, and I will laugh. (Non-sarcasm)
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Its not easy mode. Just git gud

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

I think bnps should be removed from the game too. I think insta heals should be removed. I think myers unlimited tier 3 should be removed. And yeah there is shack gens, And looking at the grass? foreal? For how fast she is, there is a major chance you get pulled off regardless. And yeah because I know what map the game is going to choose, and what killer i will be playing against so ill run those perks for those instances (sarcasm)

And the spirits going to have that very-rare addon equipped for every game as well /sarcasm

Watching the grass isn't hard, equipping perks isn't hard.

• KillJiggy

@PigNRun said:

Then you will be sacrificed, and I will laugh. (Non-sarcasm)

Actually i wont be because I am a killer main :) I play Huntress, my second favorite is actually the spirit.

• KillJiggy

@Blueberry said:

And the spirits going to have that very-rare addon equipped for every game as well /sarcasm

Youre the kind of killer who thinks camping is "strategy" arent you.

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

And with that you just made this thread pointless. I'm not going to try and rationalize with an irrational person. I think you need to experience this game more to have a better understanding of it.

• KillJiggy

@Blueberry said:

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

And with that you just made this thread pointless. I'm not going to try and rationalize with an irrational person. I think you need to experience this game more to have a better understanding of it.

I have about 500 hours of killer and 200 of survivor and have hit rank 1 on killer and 5 on survivor. You are irrational. I think you need to play against or with this addon and see how unfair it actually is in practice.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    What about cramping the aholes that don't do anything but follow you all game for easy points
    KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

• KillJiggy

@redsopine1 said:
    What about cramping the aholes that don't do anything but follow you all game for easy points
    KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

Haha I camp people sometimes who make me mad don't worry :p , but its not "strategy" lol

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

I have about 500 hours of killer and 200 of survivor and have hit rank 1 on killer and 5 on survivor. You are irrational. I think you need to play against or with this addon and see how unfair it actually is in practice.

And here's my over 2,000 hours
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018661768/

I've played with and against it a lot. The issue isn't the addon, it's the lack of person willing to learn and adapt.

• redsopine1
    KillJiggy said:

@redsopine1 said:
    KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

Haha I camp people sometimes who make me mad don't worry :p , but its not "strategy" lol

Maby but at endgame with noed and you get 3k out of 4 because one was smart enough to head to the other gate while the rest swarm camped the other lol
  • KillJiggy

@Blueberry said:

I've played with and against it a lot. The issue isn't the addon, it's the lack of person willing to learn and adapt.

Thats cool, however im sure you can agree my time in game is enough to understand the game :) Im not calling for it to be removed or anything, but i do not believe "listening to the grass" or "seeing the grass move" is enough to outdo this addon.

• KillJiggy

@redsopine1 said:

Maby but at endgame with noed and you get 3k out of 4 because one was smart enough to head to the other gate while the rest swarm camped the other lol

Every killer should camp once the exit gates are powered for sure lol

• redsopine1
    KillJiggy said:

@redsopine1 said:

Every killer should camp once the exit gates are powered for sure lol

Ikr lol I mean if your gonna swam my multi hook basement for a easy save go ahead but dont get salty you die
  • Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

Thats cool, however im sure you can agree my time in game is enough to understand the game :) Im not calling for it to be removed or anything, but i do not believe "listening to the grass" or "seeing the grass move" is enough to outdo this addon.

I just think that addon is entirely reasonable for it being a very-rare and has ways to beat it. I don't see why you wouldn't want to use something like premonition/spine chill/iron will if this addon is such an issue.

• KillJiggy

@Blueberry said:

I just think that addon is entirely reasonable for it being a very-rare and has ways to beat it. I don't see why you wouldn't want to use something like premonition/spine chill/iron will if this addon is such an issue.

I have never been a fan of any of those perks personally, And my main point is it should be a red addon.

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

I have never been a fan of any of those perks personally, And my main point is it should be a red addon.

Oh well you didn't say that originally. If that's the case I could totally get behind that. I personally think her Ultra-Rares are trash. Most her very-rares like that one are better imo.

• KillJiggy

@Blueberry said:

Oh well you didn't say that originally. If that's the case I could totally get behind that. I personally think her Ultra-Rares are trash. Most her very-rares like that one are better imo.

Yes that is my opinion as well LOL

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:

@Blueberry said:

Yes that is my opinion as well LOL

Well that ended much better than it started lol. Just make another thread with the topic of wanting to get the devs to switch her addon rarities. That would have been a better idea to get across.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Sounds like your teammates were careless. Even with the add-on you can watch for grass movement and get off the gen before she grabs you. I actually like this addon as both killer and survivor since it makes the game more scary.
  • KillJiggy
    edited October 2018

This isnt my thread anyways, I was just supporting the poor survivor main who was upset by some strong addons lol. @Blueberry

• Blueberry

@KillJiggy said:
    This isnt my thread anyways, I was just supporting the poor survivor main who was upset by some strong addons lol. @Blueberry

ah well him then lol

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

I can outplay it easily.
    If spirit hooks someone I stay on gen for 1 sec, then I walk away. She will find noone on the gen :) Wasted a lot of time of her.

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    @KillJiggy Spine Chill... Counter play, boom!
  • Radiant
    edited October 2018

So many triggered killers without reason....

My point is: A mediocre killer wiped away 3\4 of survs without chases due to a very rare (not ultra) addon.

So many touchy babies...

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Spine Chill. Premonition. Don't just randomly run everywhere. If you are injured and in a chase and don't hear a heartbeat or woosh then just assume you are being followed.

It's powerful, I'd say it should be pink instead of the glasses, but it's not unbeatable.

• KillJiggy

@thesuicidefox said:
    Spine Chill. Premonition. Don't just randomly run everywhere. If you are injured and in a chase and don't hear a heartbeat or woosh then just assume you are being followed.

It's powerful, I'd say it should be pink instead of the glasses, but it's not unbeatable.

That is the point we are trying to make.

• KillJiggy

@Mashtyx1 said:
    @KillJiggy Spine Chill... Counter play, boom!

Thats not counterplay, thats preparation

• KillJiggy
    edited October 2018

@Claudette_Baguette said:
    I can outplay it easily.
    If spirit hooks someone I stay on gen for 1 sec, then I walk away. She will find noone on the gen :) Wasted a lot of time of her.

What if no one has been hooked. What if no one is currently on the hook. You are also wasting your own time by not working on a gen.