Will you be trying The Clown more after Mid-Chapter?

I hope Clown's changes have proven to be enticing for most players in the community. He was my first main when I got the game and never stopped playing him since, and it makes me more excited to play him further with his new adjustments.

Do you think the changes have altered your opinions on him, or will the Freddy/Spirit/Huntress streak never end?

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Yes, plus I hoep they changed his chase music a bit

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I usually play doc, but I will give it a try for a few games at least.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,261

He's one of my more played killers, and I usually have a blast with him. I'll definitely be playing him more when the rework comes out.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Already main him and excited to see exhaustion bottles removed as well as a new power. From what I’ve seen it can use a buff but I’ll test for myself

Also got banging chase music so that’s a plus

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Way too many people are underestimating his new speed boost bottles. People fail to realize how strong a clown with better map pressure is.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Sure, I already enjoy playing him.

Still don't think the changes will change much, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

• Phasmamain

His new bottles are okay but you have to understand that you are using one of you 4 shred pool of bottles to get a slight speed boost. Sure his reload is shorter but you will be going through bottles at an increased rate

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I hope they took the time to realize that and change it a round a bit, so instead of wasting 4 bottles for two types of tonics, you have a set of 4 bottles for each types of tonic

• Phasmamain

I’d rather they give him six bottles base kit and change the yellow capacity addon to something else

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

No

• Not really, honestly I don't feel these changes really amount to much. They are a buff, sure, but I don't think it's going to change a whole lot for him.

I would have rathered he been buffed even more; and they just change his pinky finger addon as well.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Ah yes I wasted over 100€ in DLCs not to play the characters.

Anything can be strong or weak, I'll play anyways because I wasted my ######### for all of this

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited February 2021

I'm honestly a little less inclined to play him. I played him a lot 2 years ago and took a break from dbd. I just got back and tried him and he felt super slow. This new rework doesn't seem like a way to properly address his issues and it actually causes more problems (such as new bottles also buffing survivors, new bottles can make old bottle gas disappear, and if the new bottles reduces his old bottle inventory). His new bottles have too many downsides for what they are imo. Clown was my main back in the day but I think these changes hinder him a lot more than help him. He gets some buffs more new weaknesses and neutral changes overall

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

No, he's still going to be boring to play as and go against.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I'll try him out obviously... but I don't know if I'll play him more than I do currently...

I just don't think clown is fun 🤷‍♀️

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

No. I already tried during PTB. Unless someone shows me some groundbreaking plays that nobody thought of, then he's simply old Clown just slightly better.

His new bottles don't give him any map pressure. He's default cloacked Wraith speed, but only for 5 seconds and at the cost of his anti-loop and having to reload more often.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Ill probably play him a bit. But my next goal is to take LF up the ranks. I seem to always get hit with his damn saw, so I am a proponent of " if you want to learn to counter them, play as them."

So, that is my next major challenge.

• Phasmamain

Even as someone who loves playing clown he is a bore fest to fight similar to freddy

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I've decided like a fool to prestige him, using up my addons and give him a good go prior to the patch.

I'm not that bothered by the prestige cosmetics but clown's bloody face just looks really thematic. First time I'll bother to get to prestige 3 on any character.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

No, this "rework" is so meh that i'm not going to even try

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I usually play Clown if I just wanna switch my brain off and throw some bottles, same reason why I very rarely play Legion, and now I won't have to run any add-ons because his reload is now an acceptable speed, therefore I won't have to spend any more BPs on him. I'm all for killers becoming less add-on reliant.

Wish I could say the same about Wraith, I really miss playing him but I'm currently levelling other characters and I don't have any more windstorm add-ons :(

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

We’ll see more trying him, but I suspect that his skill cap has been raised significantly in terms of using both bottles effectively. I.e. where/when to use either for the best outcome.

So my guess is we’ll see a high abandonment rate, just like we see now with players just spamming tonics without thought, and then wondering why it’s impossible to down or pressure, then believing he’s weak.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

Is like 10 meters of extra distance map pressure though? 10 percent speed isn't that great when I comes to just walking from gen to gen

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I'll play him the same as I currently do, which is whenever I feel like mindlessly chasing people and cutting them off with purple fizzy if they look like they are going to try and make me think for a kill.

I'm sure that some people will GALAXY BRAIN ways to use Orange Julius and Purple Drank in tandem to see some kind of benefit, but I honestly doubt it will be anything more than marginal. The increased reload speed, however, will certainly be handy dandy when passing out candy.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

He's still nearly just as bad so I doubt it. You could even argue worse since he lost his best addon.

None of their changes fixed his issues.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,710

I have a soft spot for the clown, so yeah. His new ability may not have made him a great deal more powerful, at least it adds some more variety to his gameplay and helps with map patrolling a little bit.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Altered my opinion not really but I do like to play killers that can go fast

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

I'll try him out but its basically the same clown we know just with a bottle that'll make him walk to gens 10% faster. It probably won't change the way he chases.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Not just that, but so many seemingly lack imagination and cannot see how powerful it will be throwing a tonic at a survivor immediately after Clown passes through an Antidote.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

You've been away from the game too long then because beyond speeding up survivor vaults a bit, they have only buffed Clown. In fact , they even made him faster since he no longer gets slowed while tossing a bottle.

You don't have to use his new bottles if you don't want to, they only give you additional options. I do wish they had a seperate ammo count for the antidote, but other than that I think they will make some interesting plays for Clown now.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

Give the Clown the love he deserve !! He is already in my 5 most played (with Legion, Myers, Démo & Wraith), so impatient for the changes to go live (I only played 2 games with in PTB). Prepare for the zoom zoom laugh & death machine and wash your fingers !

😅