Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How is everything not including the new Hud.

How's the new Mid-Chapter not including the new Hud since nearly everyone doesn't like it but how about everything else?

Comments

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

Fine

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

Custom icons are gone during gameplay, they work when setting up perks, items and add-ons though. Either that or they're somewhere in the game files.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

I like the animations but hitboxes seem worse than they were previously (most likely due to new animations)

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Too many safe pallets in The Game. Literally, too many.

It is not only safe, many of them are god pallets. Throw it down, and killer has to break it. No mind game whatsoever.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Hitboxes have gone the way of the dodo, see Killers swinging at air and I get hit, and standard Survivor viewpoint at least feels far to close as to what it used to be (though maybe you can pull the camera back in settings, I don't know)

Aside from that, new maps designs are nice and I do kind of enjoy the new Survivor animations. Also, at least the game I played, I had no frame rate issues on PS4. But that was just one game so We'll see how that lasts

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited February 2021

I actually don't mind the new HUD. I think people are vastly overblowing how bad it is because they just don't like change. Give it a few weeks for everyone to get used to and I'm guessing no one will care all that much anymore.

So far, the "new" maps look pretty nice. I just played The Game and it is 10000000% times easier to see in the damn basement now, which is super.

I also appreciate that now all the UI stuff doesn't look so freaking tiny. Going from the Xbox One to the Series X (and therefore going from 1080 to 4K), everything in the UI and menu and skill checks were tiny. It's nice that they're bigger now.

The animations of the survivors on the other hand look kind of iffy. They feel very floaty, like everyone is doing things through water. It looks very unnatural. Especially running while injured. I swear when you're running while injured, it looks like they've got a Turtle Head poppin out of them and they're desperately trying to run to find a toilet while simultaneously not letting the turd drop out of their pants...

EDIT: I have not tried the "new" killers. I will probably try them out later tonight but based on at least what I read, I think I'll be happy with their changes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Its a bit weird that when you down a intoxicated survivor, he gets up to cough and then down again.

Also Davids injured run looks... strange.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698
  • ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Ive only played 2 matches on Asylum so far and it's overall worse than it was before.

The main building has these really dumb entrances that aren't intuitive at all to enter through. The rubble was raised on one side so you're forced to run up the other side. WHY? There was no reason to make movement and map traversal less smooth than it already is.

Oh and that really out-of-place breakable wall is still in the same spot lmao

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh... i´m not sure. I just wanted to test the new clown and the animations looked weird. Never noticed that before, but then again, its been a long time since i played clown.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

I haven't played clown ever since the rework was announced, but I played survivor against clown, and lemme tell ya, it's freaky when you see the aura of a downed person, and then see them snap their spine in half to do a coughing animaton

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

New maps look great, Clown's rework is interesting

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

Everything is great. I love the new animations and the Fixated buff. Except for the UI of course