Totem counter petition

Given that the new HUD is most likely gonna get changed because of how everyone has expressed how impractical it is, I think I talk for A LOT of people when I say that the most needed thing to be added in the HUD was not added in the HUD.

We need a totem counter, especially to improve solo players gameplay experience. That being said, this is the perfect time to bring this idea to life.

Comments

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

This is what im expecting when they say there going to add more features to the UI

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Hopefully we'll see It implemented whenever they announce a new HUD

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

Why do you need a counter? Dull totems are worthless now except for the rare instance of Noed, and you still have middle of the field spawns to boot. Too easy as it is.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

I guess in the green and purple ranked killers you see it more often, but not in red. Still, totems are mostly worthless. You don't need a buff.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

As a solo I would like to vote no on a totem counter. I personally think the uncertainty adds to an already extremely short game time. While totems are not necessary to complete the objective, non gen jockys do lengthen the game with the search. This would also decrease the amount of time hexes would last overall.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I would love a totem counter on both sides. I don't see a downside in having one at all. Not dull or hex, just a counter of all totems remaining.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Because I want to be sure I wont be hit by NOED whenever I cleanse 4 totems and my teammates havent done any of it while I put my hopes on them.

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 743

Since Thrill of the hunt works as a totem counter already i think it would be better if the totem counter for survivors was added to a perk as well, like small game for instance.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

No? Why would u want to make this game even more easy????? Hook counter is for ######### babies to follow or ppl with dementia that can't count to 12. Totem counter would be a ######### idea imo. With hook counter and totem counter what's the challenge in the game? Whats next dull tot counter and hex totem counter???

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Because the idea is to buff solo survivor, so they become closer to swf in regards of information, so you can then balance killers properly.

At the moment killer tend to be stronger to solos but weaker to swf. IF you can close the power gap between solo und survivor, then you can buff killers and make for a fair game all around. SWF already have the information who did how many dull totems, you know.

I think that is basicly the idea of the new HUD.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

You'll likely get more traction putting this on the suggestions page rather than general discussion btw.

As far a totem counter goes, I feel mixed about. On the one hand it gives survivors even more of an advantage overall which I generally think isn't best right now. Id be into it eventually but the game does feel much more survivor favored overall outside of certain perks and killers

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

I wouldn't be against it.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

I think its worth testing, see how it affects things, if its too much of a buff we can always for example add another 1 or 2 dull totems and go from there.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290
    edited February 2021

I'm not entirely against it but by giving totems a counter I would prefer that it wouldn't be information that's there just to be there. I would prefer that Dull totems even if a small gameplay mechanic did something so that you wouldn't have to rely on the killer having a HEX perk for them to matter. I'm not talking rank and bloodpoints either. I'm talking about an actual gameplay mechanic.

We'll even say that cleansing all 5 totems disables bloodlust - How about that? More of a reason for survivors to cleanse them and killers to defend them however for killer not as important. Doesn't have to be bloodlust but that concept - Upon cleansing all 5 totems something very subtle small is changed in the game. I feel that alone would warrant the change.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

That would be a definitely no on my part.

It's not hard to find totems so I see no reason for a totem counter.

I play solo and really rarely get hit by noed, and if there is noed than that totem is gone in no time.

If he gets 2 downs by noed than that is a lot as it is usually gone as soon as it pops up

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Let's just say who the killer is, where they're at, what perks they have, where their belongings are. Clearly survivors need all the extra help with very little of thought of knowledge or surprise, guess I dont like to be hand held as much as others in my games...

• Benno101
    Benno101 Member Posts: 47

I think they should add it to Small Game, so it is a bit like Thrill of the Hunt.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I agree, besides SWFs already have this advantage- "hey guys I cleansed a totem" "bout to do last gen how many totems have you guys done?" stuff like that should be given to solo survivors, it's not going to break the game or anything to bridge the gap a little

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

We need it for solo. Solo gameplay is garbage now.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

The best totem-counter idea I’ve seen:

5 lit candles in the basement, circled around the hooks. One goes out every time a totem is cleansed!

Simple. Fits with the atmosphere of the game. Doesn’t require a HUD element.

Even though it’s not my idea, I think it’s awesome and I try to keep it going every chance I get. If you like it, please do the same!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Sure, where do you want it?

Top Right, Middle Right, dead center, a pop up alert when its broken, a notification when one is broken, and/or maybe a global ear piercing break sound?

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259