The Sky is Not Falling

Options
Moundshroud
Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Get a grip. Seriously, the game won't run me off, but the Forum is kind of embarrassing. Surely you can voice your concerns in a more constructive framework? The Patch hasn't even been out one day and you would think the DEV broke into your houses and shot your dog in front of you. This isn't healthy, nor is it normal. Take a deep breath and act like adults, even if some of you aren't old enough to shave.

1. I don't like the new UI either, but I'm going to give it a month before I allow myself to truly give my thoughts. It is busy; it is distracting. However, I can't be sure if that is my bias because it is new. It deserves to be given more than a day before you guys act like the Nuclear Clock is ten seconds to midnight. Seriously.
  2. I love the new maps. I don't even have to wait a month to say that. They are solid. I'm sure there will be some bad spots, but I haven't hit any yet. They look good, they broke up the previous routine, and managed to make Crotus more evenly balanced toward the Killer, and Gideon more balanced toward the Survivor. What's not to like. And we get to learn all new Totem spawn points; bonus.
  3. The Clown hasn't been tested enough for anyone to rant or foam at the mouth. Most of you don't even play Clown so what the hell are you up in arms about? Give it a proper test run.
  4. The DEV and Staff are people and deserve better treatment. Personally, and I've said this before, they should close down the forum for everything but private reporting of bugs. I don't see how they get any benefit from this Forum whatsoever. It costs them money and time to upkeep it and it never provides them any good PR. All it does it stress them. They should close it down and make some of you, if you are so inclined, go pay to host a Forum for you to whine and complain all day. I don't know why BEhavior subsidizes your bad manners.
  5. I also don't think the DEV should announce or ask us for our input anymore on any change they decide to make. I don't see how they profit from it. If we like the game, we play it. If we don't like it, we move on. I don't see how they can get any benefit whatsoever asking us what we think when everyone gives them different information. They get burned either way, because they cannot make everyone happy. I say they should remove the expectation that we get a say, preview, etc. The only thing they should talk about with us is upcoming releases and events.

I was going to go to ten, but I think these are the most important things I wanted to say. This Forum is NOT the community. It is, sadly, a loud-mouthed, obnoxious set of lurkers (and remember I post here too). The numbers of every person on this Forum are not even a drop in the bucket against the actual number of overall Players of the game. Most of them will never come here, or at least never post. They are the community, not us. Seriously, are we trying to make QAnon seem calm and reserved by comparison? I feel like I should just name myself "M" and start spouting off the most crazy conspiracies and predictions I can and chances are a percentage of this place would repeat and believe them just as long as they were negative and whiney. There I vented.

I want to repeat, those who work at BEhavior and work on this game which we all play (and I would assume most like) are people and should be treated with at least common courtesy. The Golden Rule should be applied. Even if you don't agree with me, consider my number four and five above, and how close you guys may be coming to the final straw where they say, "nope, this aint' worth it... shut the Forum down."

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

True

I've been stepping on it for awhile now.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Big agree

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598
    Options

You make a very well written fully fleshed out argument. I want to remind you that you are a big offender of abusing other people though. Like sociopathic behaviour. Egotistical behaviour. Narcissist behaviour.

Can't flaunt your thread though.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thank you for not going to ten.

• Moundshroud
    Options

We can discuss me later as I am not relevant to how "we" as members of this Forum treat the company and employees that make it available to us.

• Moundshroud
    edited February 2021
    Options

Believe me, it was a struggle. :) I generally always do overkill.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

Honestly atm I'm liking the new UI just because of UI scaling so it's not in my face 24/7 during the match and I love how the updated maps are looking. I wish those who felt so strongly about not loving what the devs have put out would calm down tho.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

We are so quick to harass the devs it’s no wonder they don’t wanna communicate with us

• Moundshroud
    edited February 2021
    Options

I haven't tried the scaling yet. I was about to and got kicked offline, I'm guessing for the weekly maintenance.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

I'm pretty sure the input on every change they made hasn't changed. So you're right about one thing. The devs shouldn't be asking for input anymore.

• Moundshroud
    Options

I don't disagree. I'm not a fan of it, but I'm going to see what I can do with it scaled. I also gave feedback on it that it is too busy. :)

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

As did many, many other people several weeks ago. I think that's the biggest problem: it wasn't listened to.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Same,had to stop playing after a few matches becauses the strain on my eyes was too much to the point that i even started to get headaches.

I never had such problems with any games before

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

It's a good cautionary tale. For the first time, I really feel like DbD has hit a critical point. No matter how the feedback for the new HUD is couched (vicious or courteous), the vast majority is negative.

Imo, the HUD will be reverted/changed once devs see a concrete dip in players, but it might be too late by then. If the changes burn too many veteran players into quitting, they can't easily replenish their numbers with new players because of the learning curve and grind of the game.

I'm just hoping for the best.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Is the sky falling? I don't know. I am sure it says if it is somewhere in this new UI but I can't see it anywhere.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

I just made a day one conclusions about this and several reasons why they could of prevented this

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369
    Options

Personally, i am not going to play the game anymore unless they completely delete this patch. I know of others in real life who will do the same, and many others are writing the same thing here.

This will be probably ignored and considered “few people leaving make more noise than lots of people staying”. And it will be a bad assumption, or at least that’s what history teaches us.

I want to say one more thing.

There is not a single successful game in our times, as far as I know, that has made a change so big, and with such a negative impact, and survived.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385
    Options

The 2 new informations they added in (the hook counter and the portraits) are good.

And that's it.

Made a wall of text about it there : https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225484/lets-talk-ui-and-why-the-new-one-has-problems/p1?new=1

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Imagine thinking the HUD hasn't been around long enough for us to come to conclusions about how objectively terrible it is.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

The sky fell years ago. I've been living in The Firmament for years now.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I couldn't agree more, but after 10 games tonight the UI gave me motion sickness and I went and yacked post game.

I'm gonna play around with it but unless I can customize it to the bottom of the screen again like I do with most FPS or just 1st person view games, I don't think killer will be very playable for me.

If I can't really play killer then I can't really play DBD its the best part of it for me.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

You're speaking to one of the most vocally entitled playerbase in modern gaming...your words and your sky fall on deaf ears

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

It's honestly why I stopped checking the forums everyday. This place unfortunately filled with so many toxic people on both sides and I count myself lucky that I'm not the one sifting through muck as a community manager. I'll stick with nursing. Much less stressful.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

I guess everything up until now were the good 'ol days.

• Kryatin
    Kryatin Member Posts: 21
    Options

Dude just stop, the hitboxes are so broken that the game is literally unplayable. I have two shadow plays from a match alone that a nurse hit me from over almost two pallets-length away. Don't lie.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314
    Options

It's a cute post. But honestly, it's pretty much filled with cheesy optimism. I can't stand that as much as the extremely toxic trolls.

You are also lumping "EVERYONE" into a category. There have been hundreds of (pre and post PTB) constructive posts. Obviously moreso before the PTB was over... and now people are upset because of the big middle finger to the majority of players hating the changes immensely. It's not even just the new UI positioning... it's also the very poor design. It's a lot of things. It's the hitboxes. It's the animations (some good). It's the thousands of changes that never happen and the continual outdated mechanics. It's a lot.

So to address your points.

1) I'm willing to be over 90% of the fan base hated it. Including their own fog whisperer. And every big streamer that carries this games public interest. You don't even need a month when the PTB was enough to know.

2) Even though Gideon has a stupid amount of pallets (25?)... I like both reworks. There bad spots. Breakable walls are dumb. Totem spots still blow.

3) Clown is tested. It's cool but barely anything. The buff is the reload time. That's the saving grace to the underwhelming addition of the toxin.

4) Dev and staff for one have shown their disrespect towards players for a while. and yet, I agree. They don't deserve to be PERSONALLY attacked. Which is more rarer than you think... Now... It's perfectly reasonable to be upset at devs for being so out of touch. There is tons of benefit for this forum and don't worry about "their time and upkeep" when people will buy even the most nsfw gorgon. If the devs had a proper line of communication and good community managers that were active here... and changes that reflected community opinions at times... you wouldn't have this. I mean how long did it take for a DS change? How many things still aren't done?

5) This is stupid. This is the mentality of someone that is just far too passive to have any real effect on anything. Just like this post which will get buried. Good thing you don't run an entire gaming community. Stop assuming benefit for things you don't know.

This forum IS the community. And you don't decide otherwise. This forum is also JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER gaming community. Comparing this to... Q is so silly and really proves your entitlement. You don't speak for me nor many of the others here who have provided great comments/feedback.

Ps. they won't shut the forum down lol. And it's not the only place to talk about the game. Also, you should take your own advice before making a thread on who the community is or is not.