The game feels soooo much better

Options
Hannon
Hannon Member Posts: 221
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Everything’s is so smooth the game looks so much better and the new animations are amazing!

i’m also loving the new hud

nice job bhvr ^^

Comments

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368
    Options

Same the animations are way more realistic than before.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221
    Options

I honestly prefer the old one.

but the new one is not that bad once you get used to it (in my opinion)

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,806
    Options

New hud is nice, a little janky with the colors overlapping (red on red). But still its definitely smoother and I like it.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

The animations do look nice but the transition from one to another is wonky, especially when Survivors stop fixing a gen and start running, it doesnt feel natural.

FPS at least on The Game have lowered, I had several frame drops that I never had before (dont know if its only The Game or the rest of the maps are affected too).

Not going to comment on the new HUD because I risk a ban for vulgar language...

• ssrjazz
    ssrjazz Member Posts: 71
    Options

@HectorBrando - what platform are you on? On PC (Steam) they've gotten a LOT more stable at 60fps. I am noticing a LOT of texture pop-in though. Seems like they're a little aggressive on the LOD distance.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options
  • HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

PC and it was on The Game map, its been a long time since I had this FPS drops in DBD.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

As survivor it's not bad because half the time you play with your brain switched off doing gens so looking around the screen is fine. As killer...no. Just no. It's terrible.

• Draaketh
    Draaketh Member Posts: 2
    Options

I bet your a rank 20 who just bought the game. What they did to the game is the worst #########-up ever made by BHVR. They have to reverse the animations and HUD. They did something literally, NO ONE ASKED FOR, and they don't even care for the other problems the game has. They're going to lose a lot of people after this #########-up.

• MCoteHasSomeBigTits
    Options

MAN CAN U READ AGAIN THE THINGS THAT U ARE WRITING? THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST GARBAGE THAT BHVR EVER DEVELOP. FAKE HITS, POOR HUDS, BAD RENDER, LITERALLY C WORD... PLS, IF U ARE A RANK 20 OR U HAVE LESS THAN 100hs PLS STFU XD MATHIEU COTE TETON

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372
    Options

so is the new grass, but it looks terrible. Why? because it wasnt designed for this game. It looks like PS2 grass because the rest of the ground is so empty. Theres no clutter, it just likes 10 or so strands of ######### grass on flat ground, instead of looking like a thick bush of grass. Same with the new walls, the styles just dont match.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021
    Options

I like how the new animations look but they affect gameplay which is bad. Very bad it makes the game harder for survivors than before.

There are bugs with animations causing you to get stuck on terrain you shouldn't.

I can get used to the new camera changes honestly with time.

The new maps LOOK amazing however the new game map is massively MASSIVELY survivor sided and has like a million pallets. Go on that map with windows of opportunity and see what I mean. (Too many walls as well you need to break)

Trapper changes are....okay....but why did they not make luck offerings no longer affect his traps?

THEY FIXED ONE WHOLE NURSE BUG

Elodie scream nerf appreciated greatly.

New UI is bad mostly because everything is hard to see, and is positioned in awful places on the screen. People even showed them how to do this properly because the developer of the UI was too incompetent to do it without help- and they still ignored that hand out and instead in their arrogance insisted it was fine and pushed it live as is.

The UI one bugs me because people made it VERY clear that there was a problem, what the problem was, and how to fix the problem. They refused to fix it because 'Console players should get to test it first' well okay but the console players SAW THE UI AND ALSO HATED IT AND SAID AS MUCH so there is zero excuse beyond arrogance and refusal to admit in a mistake.

• bubbabooey
    bubbabooey Member Posts: 32
    Options

Agreed. Not a needed change. Animations are cool tho ig, but they have more important things to fix that they didn't