What killer can I play to avoid toxicity? PLS HELP

Sand
Sand Member Posts: 179

*warning long* I simply want to be able to say "gg wp" after a match without being call obsinities.

After a nice hard day of work and university I like to murder people in dead by daylight or survive murderers with my friends. I'm rank 1 in surv and killer and I am wondering WHO AM I ALLOWED TO BE AS KILLER??

I was a ghostface main but got constant insults about my ethnicity and sexual orientation for being an op killer.

I switched to Mikey and the same results

Switched to spirit and got even more hate

Then I switched to trapper and got called a lot of names for my trap locations and black traps being too hard to see.

Then I switched to wraith and got called names for using my ability mid chase.

Then switched to billy and was told he was the easiest in the game.

I don't mess with nurse as I don't care for staring at the ground.

I tried oni and got called a p**

I dabbled in hag and learned that I am not allowed to use certain add-ons

Next I tried Bubba, you can't go wrong with bubba.. I thought, his chainsaw is op because it can take multiple survivors out.

I tried plague and people hate that I vomit on them until they are broken. Her vomit noise is lul kekw tho.

Pyramid head is game breaking according to the survivors I played against.

Deathslinger takes no skill at all and I had less chromosomes for using him.

Blight is op apparently (this surprised me)

The twins are op because victor is too good (again their words not mine)

Survivors left me shook when they told me "legion is the best killer in the game" lul kekw.

Demo is a douche move because of being able to teleport cross map and his leap is too broken? Ok.

The doctor gets hella hate for being a meh killer.

The clowns gas can't be countered and I'm a p**** for using the gas.

You know everyone bitches about freddy

The huntress hatches are too broken and I'm a B**** for using them

And pigs head cages are for p****'* as well...

Who is left to use???

Comments

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

I learned to not fear the toxicity, instead I live for it. Their anger and hate fuels my desire to kill.

Trying to play this game without any toxicity is like going outside in the rain without an umbrella and hoping you won't get wet. You will.

People will be toxic no matter what. Even if you chased one looper on wraith without using any perks or power and didn't get a single hook, people will still insult you on the way out.

It's part of the scenery. Enjoy it. Learn to love it and laugh. Otherwise it's going to be a very uncomfortable time for you.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2021

It doesn't matter what killer/survivor you play, or how good or bad you are, unfortunately this community is full of toxic people who like nothing more than to either stroke their ego by tearing down others, or lashing out if you bruise their ego.

As a message to all players like this:

You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to win for the money you paid. Being salty/abusive because of a lost match, choice of killer, items, map, or teammates playstyle is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, and knowledge against each-other. If you lose a match and have nothing good to say: Leave a "gg," calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match.

As for OP:

You've done nothing wrong, and played fairly with the legal mechanics the game provides just as much as they did. If it's a legal mechanic in the game, don't be afraid to use it. A lot of the fun this game offers is in discovering new strategies, counters, and synergies using the tools the game provides, so no matter how effective or overpowered you feel they are, there's nothing wrong with using them to your advantage. To combat the problem you're having however, the only advice I can give is this:

Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you decide to open it again. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity, Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

Do you all really recieve toxicity this often?

For me it's very rare to see toxicity in post game chat. Maybe once in 30 games I have someone unhappy. Most of the time they don't say anything, or just say gg to my gg.

So I genuinely don't understand why there is such strong statement that "dbd comunity is toxic".

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited February 2021

You should go play the lottery if you're that lucky, because believe me when I say that DBD is one of the most toxic communities ever. It definitely happens often & is why a lot of people (mostly killers) quit.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Just play who you want. If you haven't played like a jerk they have no right to complain.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited February 2021

Just play Dr. Disconnect to show survivors what OP & repetitive actually means.

(Doctor + Indoor map + Iridescent King & Calm addon, Lullaby, Distressing, Unnerving Prescence + whatever else (usually Overcharge))

Orrr..

You could also play no-power Oni & see survivor auras 24/7. If the survivors are going to talk smack at the endgame, atleast they'll have a reason this time.

(Oni + Indoor map + Bloody Glove & Splintered Hull + Sloppy Butcher + Coulrophobia + Distressing + Nurses Calling)

• Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 179

If you get a 4k as a killer then you will 95% of the time have toxicity, even though I say "gg" and "good luck on your next and I hope you have a good day" it is normally retorted by the survivors with "F off you J*w"

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

It's not the Killer.

It's the fact they lost.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

play the worst killer in the game, piggy.

then get hate for being unfun.

you wont win because your the enemy team so just play whatever tickles your fancy, if you wanna play the most unfun to vs setup in the game go for it, sometimes i myself indulge on some forever freddy or quick down ghostface.

its a writ of passage to be insulted for being to "op" in endgame chat, though if the enemy does put up very little fight to the point i'v gotten 2 hooks before 1 gen is done i'll actually slow down alittle just for points sake

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34

I watched my girlfriend play as killer (mostly as trapper) for around 120 hours before I bought this game. She got so much toxicity in after game chat it was really demoralizing her. They'd even accuse her of camping in games where she immediately left the hooked survivor and smashed generators and did other stuff. I tried to tell her she was playing appropriately and well, but she was still sad.

Then she started playing the pig. This turned things around. When people tried to pet her snout, she spared them. When people didn't, she killed them. It became a game of interaction and fun rather than a pure competition.

Now she's played several killers and is loving them because she's extending that concept. She spares people a lot, and she has fun, and she gets very little toxicity after match.

I have the game now and have played it around 40 hours so far (both survivor and killer). As survivor I always say good game even if the killer camped me. I know how hard it is on the killer when people are mean to them, and I refuse to be part of that problem. I say gg or I say, "That was fun. Thanks."

My first eight or so killer matches I went so far out of my way to let survivors get unhooked that every few games survivors actually sacrificed themselves for me in the closing game, leaving the exit and waving until they died. Every few games I carry survivors to where they can be saved or exit, and yeah it cuts down on my points, but I still get 15 to 25k points without trying, and I have fun.

To answer the question of what killer you can play to avoid toxic endings? None. If you play to win, they'll be sore losers, and you'll get a lot of insults and be accused of camping and worse whether you did or not. Plus there are challenges which are pretty damned hard for killers to get without camping, so if a killer is doing those challenges and decides to camp, good for them. It's part of the game.

The only way to have "friendly" endings is to play a kind killer. If you don't want to do that, or if that's not fun to you, don't do it. But you'll get the angry endings. And you'll have to either cope with that or suffer in your spirit.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Here is the better answer: Turn off post match chat.

You’ll be amazed how less toxic it can be. Best part is if you hide it you will not have to hide it again in future matches.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Play every killer you're worst at. Keep going until you're finally decent enough in all killers. Then play survivor or something else until your skill degrades in those killers and play the killers you're worst at again.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

One piece of advice: Play whoever YOU want. Survivors will always complain no matter what you do. You could be a perk less Trapper and they'll still complain

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Have you tried Nea?

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605
  • _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

Spoiler alerte, the only killer you are allowed to use is the one that will let the survivor get away.

Oh wait, even that wont work because the survivors will then proceed to be toxic anyway.

That's the thing dear OP, DBD survivors are, no joke, by FAR the most toxic group I've EVER seen in a video game, hell, even LoL at its toxic peak wasnt nearly that bad.

If you want to keep being a killer and enjoying yourself you need to either totally ignore the chat and leave instantly, or embrace the darkness and mine the salt from the killer, and use it to strengthen yourself.

• Okaythenn
    Okaythenn Member Posts: 47

im not even a good killer. it happens no matter what. a surv DCd because i didn't walk into a pallet stun so i would drop them.

i get called a camper ( mainly by SWF) when they all are so obvious running and barely hiding when they try to get their friends off the hooks but they where happy constantly blinding me and tea bagging when they thought they where winning.

some people just do not understand its a multiplayer game not winning is a part of it but they would rather DC and be toxic to you.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

You're playing killer?? How toxic.

The survivors are heroes, going up against those murderers on the other side of their screens trying to kill more people. This isn't virtual! If you're a killer, you deserve all the hate you get for being a killer. /s

Play who you want, man, and turn off chat/messages/friend requests whatever. Silence is bliss.

• snax9111
    snax9111 Member Posts: 67

no body paid for my game, i bought it myself, so i play whatever however, as long as im not cheating or being abusive in chat

dude since billy nerf all i been doing was farming, every single game :D

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 462

Protip: hide the post-game chat, it serves no purpose at all. After the match just check your points, their perks and get the f*ck out of it to play another match.

• toastcrusher
    toastcrusher Member Posts: 110

i dont get it, joined a few discussion about suicide on the hook, wich i do with toxic killers. but as a killer in this household there has never been a suicide on a hook or even a dc.... as a killer its as simple not to be toxic, just dont run after the survivor who just got of the hook, dont camp around the hook and if you choose to use the basement ( i dont) then get the hell away from there so the survivor can be rescued. When your a good killer the survivors will get to do almost or all gens, but they wont make it out.

Another rule we have here...always let the last survivor go free!! With a low rank team wich you can clearly tell...sometimes i lett them all go....no hate mails and never any comments.

What some killers forget is that there playing style ( no mather that its a tactic that you can use) is setting the mood for other games these survivors are playing. And i dont care to win or loose, my goal is good bloodpoints for all and a fun game.

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138

HOLD UP, demo op? HOW, and you should play as killer that you want and ignore survivors in end game chat

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

Demogorgon. I never saw anyone hating playing against him. like ever

• kaeru

Sorry for your bad expirience. I do 4k and I recieve toxic messages from offended survivors, but not as frequent as you. I would say it's 5% of my matches.

• kaeru

I've seen once! I played Spirit and Nea accidently bodyblocked survivor I chased. They called her Nea the killer. But they all were friends playing together on live stream, so it probably doesn't count.

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

dud i dont know why u would switch in the first place. As long as u enjoy playing as any killer play them fuk the rest. ppl are being toxic cuz they suck dick at the game and blame "ez killer" "baby killer" etc. ######### mind set

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

If you're concerned with post game chat toxicity, you may just block survivors in pregame lobby. So you won't see any messages they send you after the game.

And Dead by Daylight is most enjoyable when you try playing different killers, not caring what others think.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I've got salt on at least 2 occasions as the Demo. If you use your portals to effectively control gens people will call you a camper.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

oh. Must be people calling you camper if you are chasing a survivor less than 64m away ;) Then i guess Demo is 95% loved <3

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

You do you boo. It's as simple as that.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

Just, don't listen to them, honestly, they probably are the type of survivors to complain about camping when you're chasing another survivor like, 400 meters away.

Ignoring them is the best thing you could do honestly.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

Play as a killer and don't use your power. If a survivor is on the hook you should not be next to it. If a survivor dc you need to farm with the other. These are the rules for killers. Did you not receive the handbook when you bought the game???

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

You can never excape it instead you must channel it like a weapon.

Im not a douche bag killer per say i jusr play normally but when people ger cocky teabag at every pallet it can get annoying.. They all crave attention when you start not giving attention and you know make them start begging you for it you'll be amazed at what some people will do just so they can teabag at hacth.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

Admit suicide on hook

Check

Tell killer to just follow the survivor rule book

Check

Ok mister survivor main. That post was so carricatural I'm still not sure it's not satire, which says long on how bad the survivor mentality is in that game.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Are you saying Spirit and Nurse don't get any salt? Not sure about that...

• Lerude
    Lerude Member Posts: 18

Nothing you can do buddy. People are just letting out their frustration on you and they would do it to anyone who might frustrate them. Some people can make a mean remark because of a bit of salt and others are just toxic or dicks just for the sake of it. Even if you goof around and no one dies and it's obviously just a fun silly game you've decided to have as a killer, there is a chance someone is gonna say "ez game baby killer" followed by some kind of other insult. Just don't take it personally, you're not doing anything wrong other than having fun. Even for killers who just face camp, if they're having fun that's fine. It's nice to think about other people but the devs are the ones who should make the game change if 1 person is ruining the experience of many. Because the game allows it so it's not really their fault, there is this made up etiquette (mostly by survivors) like "you shouldn't tunnel or facecamp" that people try to respect or not but it's stupid, there is nothing stopping people from doing these things which upset others. It's the same for the other side, killers can get bullied but that's because how the game is designed.

• Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

I'm sorry you get toxic responses for playing any Killer. I don't view any Killer in any particular way because I've went up against a lot of Killers who play differently. I remember my sister deciding to play as Leatherface and the Survivors were toxic to her just because she chose to play as Leatherface because everyone who plays him just camps. Which is not true. There are a lot of people who camp as him, but not every person who plays him camps. They assumed she'd be toxic so they were toxic to her. Which is a terrible thing to do.

I've noticed people assume a lot in this game. Killers, Survivors, cosmetics, items - people make assumptions off of them. People can say "Well, I've played this game for a long time so I can just tell immediately!" but they're not always right. If someone wears cosmetics, it's because they like them - it doesn't dictate whether someone is toxic or not. If someone plays a certain Killer - doesn't dictate whether they're toxic or not. If someone plays a certain Survivor - doesn't dictate whether they're toxic or not. If someone, like me, brings in a toolbox - it doesn't dictate that gens will be done ASAP (I use terrible items because I hoard better ones I'll never use xD)

I'd say just play who you want and have as much fun as you can and keep chat closed. I've started keeping my chat closed lately because sometimes people insult me, despite me having fun playing with them and saying gg. I mostly have console players who can't see chat so not much talking goes on.

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

What about dragonfly wings for hag? I love that add on

• GravyRobbers85
    GravyRobbers85 Member Posts: 69

They do this to me all the time when I'm killer. You either ignore them or have a little fun with them. They'll tell me ggez, I'll tell them their mom is easy too, I tricked her out for a Travis Scott meal at McDonald's. That'll usually shut them up.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266

Blight op haha he is strong but not OP

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

So firstly, play whoever you want. The Survivors don't get to pick who you play.

That said, I rarely have people get salty when I'm playing Legion. What I find is that it is less about what the Killer is and more about how you use them. Tunnel, camp, or slug a ton? Especially early in the game? You'll get hate. Best way I've found to not get hate is to slow down the game in other ways that aren't those. As Legion I can *usually* slow down the game enough with Frenzy, Thana, and cheeky ToT downs that I don't usually need to do those things until late in the game, if at all. Similar story for my Deathslinger build that's designed to milk his Deep Wounds as much as possible.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Avoid toxicity? As far as I know, the only way to do this is to become a Spectator Main.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236

I usually get a ggwp on Nurse and Blight. I always try to go for the skill plays.