Don’t revert the New UI

Options

I like it and appreciate the information it gives

Comments

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

I agree, it does have good new info for both Survivors and Killers!

However, the new portraits and injured effect are stylistically out-of-place compared to the rest of the UI. To add to this, they scattered all your information across the screen- meaning that you have to look multiple different places for all the info you need, which isn't good for a UI like this. They can definitely maintain everything to the bottom left to make it easier to read.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

I'm a big fan of the new UI, but it does have some glaring issues that could be addressed.

Like, I agree the survivors being in the top left away from literally everything is a bit silly. Why not put it on the top right above the tiny indicators they use on the right? lol that way at least everything that's relevant is together. Survivors, NOED/Exhaustion/broken/whatever below that, then your icons for your perks.

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371
    Options

The main issue is the hook timer.

It's so blurry and tiny that I might as well pretend it doesn't exist.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673
    Options

Dude don't bother. They could literally change the length of Dwight's toenails and the forum's would complain. Not worth the back and fourth

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88
    Options

Nice bait, mate.

The dev team could've easily kept the previous UI's layout and added a small hook counter beneath the portraits... but no, they want to push the portraits to look way too similar to a Discord call and make our eyes dart all over the place.

Stop being a troll.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

the information is the only good part about it. everything else about it is, and i mean this in the nicest possible way, hot garbage.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282
    Options

I don't even see me gaining BPs anymore cause it's so far up there.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440
    Options

Yoo, new UI is very elaborate, gives me a lot of information etc.,.. also headache

• Gingerninja77
    Gingerninja77 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I do agree with you that the new information is useful. Having the survivor portraits and hook count I have found are very useful. I think it's just the way its been implemented that people are having problems with.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

I don't like it because it literally hurts my eyes.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

Yeah I agree, I like the UI, it gives me lots of info. I don’t understand the hate for scattered info, if you play League of Legends or World of Warcraft, the info is everywhere, I don’t see why this game can’t have it either.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

No no, no, please do.

• GravyRobbers85
    GravyRobbers85 Member Posts: 69
    edited February 2021
    Options

Just give us the option to pick or choose which user interface we want, it's not that damn hard

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I would prefer the option.

Cause while the old UI was more effective at what it had to do. I do like the freshness the new one gives

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

I definitely agree with your point & think they could've added the portraits as well as the hook counter onto the old UI, but why do you have to call him a troll? Sure, the majority doesn't like the UI but just because a minority does doesn't make them a troll. Come on man, people have different opinions.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 2021
    Options

Pro-HUD posts in this thread: "I like the new HUD I just don't like the portraits or animations, or the placements of the info."

Lmao

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2021
    Options

This game was/is a masterpiece ...they messed it up with these stupid changes...so now no more worried , nervous character but more upright character standing tall proud and confident like there's absolutely no killer in the game ..less realistic now

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

No one truly dislikes what is available in the HUD, the thing people hate is the way the information is spread out. Why are survivors and perks the furthest possible distance away from each other? Sometimes you need to check who is injured and if certain perks are in effect or not(for example, if you hit a survivor to confirm which survivor it was because 2 yui's are still 2 yui's, then look if you're still within Devour Hope range or not).

The whole issue is that we've been complaining about the HUD being spread out since the start of the PTB, and instead of putting all relevant information back together, they kept it spread out. It's been nearly a month of negative feedback on the HUD and they still pushed through.

I mean, that's like giving survivors a perk that's basically old Brand New Part, then everyone saying how bad the perk is because it means survivors can finish 4 gens within 5 seconds of the start of the game, then still being like "nah, must be fine". Or same for killers with a perk that is basically old Mori's, where a killer can instantly kill anyone at the start of the match without hooking anyone. Not even making that perk a hex and then being like "nah, must be fine". They normally already ignore a lot of feedback because the feedback is all over the place as some people like or dislike new effects(remember when people thought Flip-Flop was going to be OP?), but this time, the feedback was almost 100% negative and they still decided it was good.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

I mean, considering they used a skeleton for David on everyone, I am actually positive that the animations will be fixed. My only question is why implement them now? They are obviously unfinished for anyone but David. Do they expect everyone to start playing David untill they finish it? They already decided to delay Open Handed due to time constraints, so I dont know why they didnt do the same for the animations.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605
    Options

They don't have to revert it. JUST LET US HAVE THE ABILITY TO CUSTOMIZE IT. Boom. Problem solved