In the end, you'll still play dbd

Options

Let's face it.

We can complain all we want, we can say we are not playing the game anymore or let our wallets speak. But the truth is that we all will play untill BHVR shut down the servers.

Its simple, there is no other game out there like dbd, we all have a Love-Hate relationship with it. The game gets 50k players on steam as we speak, and we had the most discussed patch ever come out.

We also invested too much time into it to walk away from it.

New players dont know the bullshit, casual players will overlook the bullshit.

Yup, You sold your soul to the entity without even knowing it.

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

yeah but it'll go from 10-12 matches an evening to 4-5 then 1-2 then a long break and this game needs more killers, but its the killer HUD that is turning me off it.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173
    Options

I actually will not play survivor anymore, and doubt i'll even play killer. this update ruined the game.

• km66
    km66 Member Posts: 111
    Options

Not me. Delete.

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154
    Options

True, I will crawl back anyway. The thing is, it doesn't change the fact they're breaking their own game.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

They'll do a hot fix soon, patch stuff again in a bit and give out free currency and everything will be forgiven by most players.

For the meantime I'll still play but if its on The Game ill very reluctantly play as killer and may just have fun with survivors

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 255
    Options

Not always true, my friends and I stopped playing two tomes ago (around Halloween last year). I check in now and again to see what state the game is in, which only reaffirms I made the right decision to quit.

• Shenshen
    Shenshen Member Posts: 256
    Options

I highly doubt that. I played League of Legends for 7 years and once I had enough I just deleted the game. Sure I spend about 4.000,00$ on skins and stuff but money is just paper with numbers on it.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 403
    Options

demonstrably untrue, i'd be playing now except for the bugs and survivor movement / hitbox changes (bugs hopefully)

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    edited February 2021
    Options

To be honest with each update as of lately I find myself talking about DBD more than actually playing it. This update is a prime example.

I am taking an extended break but no guarantees to permanently stop playing but at the same time I feel like I'm not missing out on anything. Worst case scenario I'll just wait until they're done reworking all the maps and see what the game has to offer then. Maybe then the UI won't look cluttered.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I haven’t played for 3 weeks, I’ve been popping in to the forums to see if anything changed about the HUD and survivor animations between PTB and the patch going live and of course it didn’t so I have no interest in coming back.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169
    Options

I play once a month at most, just to see if it improves through a miracle

I'm starting to think miracles aren't real

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

No, limit has been reached.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,447
    Options

If a game like Friday the 13th comes along again with the amount of care and respect to the franchise it represents I'll stop playing this game in a heartbeat.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437
    Options

nah, i haven't even updated the game and am not planning on doing so until there are some changes.

• Ô_boro
    Ô_boro Member Posts: 53
    Options

Same here, I uninstalled the game. Enough is enough.

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Speak for yourself. I have lots of games in my back catalog, still have 3500+ hrs in Smite. Play Sea of Thieves, Gears 5 online. I have no shortage of other stuff to do. DbD is not some end all. It's barely relevant. Just because it's a unique type of game doesn't mean it doesn't have competition. I went from playing about 3-4 hrs a day up til twins patch to playing only 2-3 matches a day. After trying this last night with the new HUD on my 65" tv it was impossible to tell what was going on through both matches and I have no interest in further wasting my time with this company that blatantly launches stuff EVERYONE tells them is Broke or unwanted. Like Mathew (Cote?) Can't be bothered looking all over for his name much like the awful UI famously said. " Play something else " and I will and am.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Wrong, many people stop playing, maybe not forever, but for weeks or months. But new players get lured and trapped in to the game and after they realised what a steaming pile this game is, it's too late, they have allready spent their money.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Well, I've already stopped, but thanks for your input.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

I don't see a reason to play right now.

Sure, there's some cute stuff I'd like to have on the rift, but with this match of a patch I won't be able to get there anyway. so...

anyone up for Among Us?

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

No you didn't, you still here roaming these forums. You should not have any dbd thoughs at all when you stopped. Like i said, you'll be back

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I don't know about that.... The new UI is an eyesore and it's a pain to check the status of survivors and gens. The gen counter is super small now. The bars next to survivors that are hooked or in deep wounds is so small that I barely even notice them most of the time! The time it takes to get information from the UI changed from quick to slow. Everything is spread out too much, key details are simply too small, and for what? Features we have yet to see? The only new thing the UI has added are the Clown's gas colors in the bottom left, but that could have easily been added to the previous UI right next to the power icon. Sure, it wouldn't take up the ENTIRE CORNER of the screen, but it's still a brightly colored animation that is easy to glance at.

There are only two benefits the new UI brings, and that are the hook counters and the survivor icons. If the devs wanted to have everyone's names completely visible (which is honestly not important in the slightest in the middle of a match), they could have lined it up vertically at the bottom left. Keep important information in two places, the bottom left and the bottom right, not in four places, the bottom left, bottom right, top left, and top. It is just a bad change that needs to be addressed.

It is a pain in the ass to read it quickly and makes the gameplay more tedious. They ######### up big time. I can not recommend the game to anyone at the moment.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    Options

No, actually. I can't play it anymore. Not because of some protest, but because the new UI actually disorients me. It's uncomfortable for me to play.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

Speak for yourself.

There is only so much reasonable flaws someone can take with a video game.

I love Dead by Daylight and have played it since 2017. But there is only so many changes, bugs and issues that one can tolerate.

I know the Devs are good people, but their direction and frankly arrogance at this point is tiring. Some REALLY questionable decisions keep happening and it gets progressively harder and harder to forgive and move on.

The guy above it right. It starts with a break, you put the game down and one day you simply never pick it up again.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

a terrible UI / HUD wont make me quit a game. i invested too much time / money into it at this point.

however, if they dont start working on their transparency as a company i fear there might be changes at some point that will push me over the edge.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Nah I took a break to play PoE. Occasionally post here when I'm bored. This last updated made my desire to play go from 25% to 0%. I'll wait until they've fixed the UI and all(most of) the bugs

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I haven't played for almost a year. I can keep going :P

The DS changes might bring me back but if this UI stays. Probably not.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

You only put it down if you're bored. You find a new game(hard to find good n ew games due to the corona crisis) once you are tired of that game you'll search for something new. The reason you come back to dbd is mainly b ecause you spend alot of hours into it and you dont wanna see it beeing "wasted".

I took a break to play wow classic, came back after a year and half cause no other games got my intrest. I came back cause i could pick it up fairly fast cause i spended alot of time in this already. Its that simple.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

Everyone is different.

I too played WoW Classic for a good chunk of time. I put that down as well because it got boring and also the bot problem got too sever. Funny; lack of communication and response with that game caused me to leave too.

Time investment to some might be a factor with playing. It's not with me. All video games are technically a waste of time; so trying to qualify that further is a moot point.

Like I said, I love DbD but there is simply a limit to what I can tolerate. This isn't dogma; if they make some promising changes and updates I will reconsider my position but for now I need a break.

• Tactrix
    Tactrix Member Posts: 420
    Options

Wanna bet? You got 1 thing right, there's no game like DBD, because most games strive to be good, not utter and complete sh*t. The devs are r3tarded beyond belief, no idea why anyone would stick around playing this pile of sh*t anymore.

• ClassicSun
    ClassicSun Member Posts: 8
    Options

In my year of playing this for at least a few hours everyday I have never wanted to not play it more and just find different games. I’m extremely disappointed and this update has killed all the spirit I had for this game

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

I put way more time into WoW, literally unhealthy amounts of time, and have been successful to break away from it. I can break away from this game too.