Just so we're clear, fellas who like the update.

Options

To people who actually enjoy the update, congrats-- can't be mad that some of us are having fun.

But the real big thing that a lot of people are upset about here isn't necessarily the new animations (though a lot of people hate them), or the new UI (though a lot of people hate them).

It's this.

Comments

• Braders
    Braders Member Posts: 6
    Options

First of all, love the Deltarune reference.

Second of all, i don't mind at all that some people likes the new stuff, glad for you, but the fact that BHVR received so much negative feedback, and is still receiving, and they rather just ignore it than do something about it, just blows my mind, if 1 out of 100 people like what you did, you pretty much did a terrible job.

It sucks that they also have such a creative commmunity, giving a lot of ideas that we really want, like that hud you just posted, it received amazing positive feedback from us, and yet they disconsider it completely, I am not saying that they should just put in the game everyone's ideas, but they could ask themselfs "Why people liked this hud over that one" and take some inspiration from it and do something "like" that.

Even that there's a side of community thats just "ds + unbreakable" is fine or "ruin + undying" it's fine and fun, theres also the part of the community that pretty much does an entire patch for them, and most stuff they ignore it.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Here's what they do. We all know they wanna save face. We all know the old UI still exists.

So implement the image above, call it "developers cut" or "community edition" or some crap, and charge auric cells (or straight up cash) for this version of the UI.

People who don't care can ride it out with the current UI. Development time won't have been "wasted".

Everyone else if they so choose, can purchase a version of the image above.. one that's more console friendly. BHVR would make money, ppl would only ######### about the cost at that point, and I'd happily contribute financially.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

That would be.. actually the worst play they could possibly make. I genuinely can't think of anything worse.

Hey, we're gonna downgrade the perfectly good UI. No need to ask, we're already doing it. In fact, it's already done. No need to tell us how you feel about it-- we've already wired it so deep we can't go back now. You're welcome.

Buuuuuuuuut if you want a UI you actually like and don't want to deal with the mandatory downgrade.. $5. C'mon, it's not that much!

That'd be such an unbelievably cynical and downright predatory move I'd scarely even believe it from EA.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
    Options

Guys your overlooking there’s more to be added and as such they needed to change the hud because something is going to go in the bottom area

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Who made this design? It is far better

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    Options

Considering BHVR's bread and butter is folks streaming their content and bringing in more customers, the change to the UI makes zero sense. People who stream have built their backgrounds around the original UI so the viewers could see all the content. How many streamers will just change games instead of bother to revamp their whole set up. This was just not a well thought out move. And if they then tried to charge us to get what we had already had, it would just turn off that many more people. I don't see any real reason the changes they made could not have been implemented in the lower, left corner orientation. Unfortunately, as we have all seen 1st hand, I have no real reason to believe player feedback will effect any change.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Yep, BHVR dosen't care anymore, they think they can get away with anything because they have no competition. Lies and Arrogance move from the top down to the bottom. Its just frankly ridiculous.