The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fix the F***ing Pallets

MuttonChops
MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
This is absurd. They are death traps! 

Drop pallet and still am on the same side. 

Drop pallet killer comes to me for a free second hit. 

Fix the basics this game is going to shite 😭

Edit: shite 

Comments

• MuttonChops
    Blueberry said:

You used the pallet incorrectly, they are working fine.

You mean I used a pallet period.

Trash killers get 2 hits on pallets. 
  • Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49
    I do miss the pallet vaccum as well, but we gotta adapt. If you see you are not gonna make it to the other side of the pallet before the killer hits you then just try to fake the drop and 360 the killer.
  • MuttonChops

No ur just too bad to use pallets dude.

With nearly 2k hours that comment is laughable. 
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@MuttonChops said:

Would you care to elaborate on the problem you are having?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MuttonChops said:

Yeah pallet hitboxes are completely off.

I always see the pallet coming down in front of me, but it still stuns me for some reason

• MuttonChops
    AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:

I did. Is there something specific you're looking for? Timing or something? Dropping the pallet still stuns the killer but for whatever reason they can 2 hit you. Once before and once after pallet stun. Does that help?
    Now walking and dropping a pallet doesn't work at all. That stinks but I can deal with that cause it's just a one hit. 
  • MuttonChops
    Master said:

@MuttonChops said:

Yeah pallet hitboxes are completely off.

I always see the pallet coming down in front of me, but it still stuns me for some reason

Yeah that's not cool either. 
  • MuttonChops
    My_Dude said:

lol

You salty? Or just being toxic? Or just like to bully? Or just bored and wanting to start drama? 
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Yes, I agree that Spirit Fury should be part of the every killer's base kit.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They did something to the hitboxes or pallets. Killers are getting free hits after a stun or when it clearly doesn't connect. I've also noticed weird survivor pallet vaults, can't even tell if it's framerate or they are just bugged. Survivors no longer run up the pallet but instead start their vault in the middle of a pallet

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2018

Don't stand at the Pallet, in my experience these hits are only happening when survivors are standing at (Camping) specific pallets. Keep moving don't run up to a pallet, wait for the killer drop it, then move to the next.

• AntiJelly

@MuttonChops said:
    AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:

I did. Is there something specific you're looking for? Timing or something? Dropping the pallet still stuns the killer but for whatever reason they can 2 hit you. Once before and once after pallet stun. Does that help?
    Now walking and dropping a pallet doesn't work at all. That stinks but I can deal with that cause it's just a one hit. 

Did you forget you have to be halfway through a pallet to drop it? They removed the pallet vacuum or a reason, pallets aren't supposed to be 100% safe. If you are being hit through a pallet, you need to reevaluate when you drop them, so you don't get hit.

• MuttonChops
    AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:
    AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:

Did you forget you have to be halfway through a pallet to drop it? They removed the pallet vacuum or a reason, pallets aren't supposed to be 100% safe. If you are being hit through a pallet, you need to reevaluate when you drop them, so you don't get hit.

No I get the stun but they still can hit twice. 
  • MuttonChops
    My_Dude said:

Don't stand at the Pallet, in my experience these hits are only happening when survivors are standing at (Camping) specific pallets. Keep moving don't run up to a pallet, wait for the killer drop it, then move to the next.

I am running through them that's what bugs me. 
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I had a weird instance the other night where I dropped a pallet on the killer and he teleported to the other side. I also had a glitch where I vaulted through a window but stayed on the same side. I can't reproduce it so maybe lag. The explosion definitely went off because the killer and I talked about it later.
    As killer, I've seen survivors drop the pallet while they're on the same side as me and I just chalk that up to either stupidity or lag... but who knows now.

• AntiJelly

@MuttonChops said:
    AntiJelly said:

I'm pretty sure that normally killers can't hit you twice, unless they have Spirit Fury, in which case drop the pallet earlier. If it isn't Spirit Fury, I assume that either you have terrible internet, or don't drop pallets until the killer is literally right next to you. I don't know what else to say.

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

None of these "Glitches" are fixable without dedicated servers.

That is what you people aren't understanding.

On the Killers Screen (The Host) is what matters. On the Killers screen he hit you in time. Killer being the host, his actions will generally trump your own.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    What’s a pallet? Is that the thing that makes me look at the floor for like 2 full seconds during a chase? I never get to see what it is.  
  • FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Blueberry said:

You used the pallet incorrectly, they are working fine.

You mean I used a pallet period.

Trash killers get 2 hits on pallets. 
    If a trash killer get 2 hits on pallets GOD killer can hook you 3 times at that point... Seems no trash to me 😀
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited October 2018
    <font color=plum>
    The pallets work fine and are somewhat balanced now.

If you have not been playing this game for awhile, basically:

- You have to completely be on the other side (the safe side, of course) of the pallet before you drop it

- If the killer is in range to hit you, then that’s a fair trade, a hit for a stun. If you don’t want to give the fair trade, then throw the pallet down early.

Some killers know how unbalanced the pallets can be sometimes so they will try and lunge at you through the pallet, so make sure to throw it down as soon as you get behind it.
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Working as intended. You're just falling to killerbait. Dont drop the pallet when you know you get hit.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

You just need to use them more efficiently, dude. The pallets are working as they're supposed to.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@MuttonChops said:
    MhhBurgers said:

So you played almost 2000 hours and still can't drop a pallet at the right time?

Git gud.

Ahh I get it your just being toxic. Get Gud is a not a remedy or actual constructive feedback.

I get it your just a trash killer loving the free hits. GET GUD and stop relying on the crappy programming to get kills. 
    I don't know what's funnier. You failing to use pallets after 2000 hours or you picking a fight with the admin of the DbD wiki.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The only problem I've seen is survivors waiting to long cause they want the stun bp. Haven't had any issues as a survivor though. From Killer's perspective it looks like people are trying to slam the pallet before they've passed the middle point which results  in the slamming on the wrong side.
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Drop them earlier you mong

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Newbie doesn't know how to use pallets
    Newbie uses a pallet and gets hit
    Newbie blames game for it not working
    Newbie comes to the forums to complain instead of learning how to use pallets

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    "Guys im totally 2k hours even though i still wait at pallets"
    🤔
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I rarely use them as I tend to die or get tunnled for it (though one game 3pallet stunned a huntress in a chase and she stopped chasing me) so I try to use them as a helping aid for others hide near one if I see a chase going on nearby and stun the killer or i see them chasing a friend doing a save through a pallet and I drop them to stun the killer from getting them
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MuttonChops said:
    AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:

AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:

Drop pallet and still am on the same side.  Drop pallet killer comes to me for a free second hit.  Fix the basics this game is going to shite 😭

Video proof or it didnt happen

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

well i play on ps4 too and i am a killer but i play survivor too, what can i say to you budd? the R1 buttom box is far to appear and when it count as "pressed" we already has taken the hit, i think a little big hit box for the pallet action press would be good, the hitbox on the char is fine, ah the vaults through pallets are shitto the window vault isnt that bad

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Wait I'm curious. So your problem is you are fully healed, drop the pallet, and while doing so you get hit twice so you get downed almost instantly? And it's not Spirit Fury that is breaking the pallet right?

• Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96

No. I like my free hits. Stop using pallets. 
  • Just_Meh
    Tsulan said:

@MuttonChops said:
    MhhBurgers said:

So you played almost 2000 hours and still can't drop a pallet at the right time?

Git gud.

Ahh I get it your just being toxic. Get Gud is a not a remedy or actual constructive feedback.

I get it your just a trash killer loving the free hits. GET GUD and stop relying on the crappy programming to get kills. 
    I don't know what's funnier. You failing to use pallets after 2000 hours or you picking a fight with the admin of the DbD wiki.
    Imma side with OP on this one. That dude was disrespectful. 
  • Just_Meh
    AntiJelly said:

@MuttonChops said:
    AntiJelly said:

I'm pretty sure that normally killers can't hit you twice, unless they have Spirit Fury, in which case drop the pallet earlier. If it isn't Spirit Fury, I assume that either you have terrible internet, or don't drop pallets until the killer is literally right next to you. I don't know what else to say.

I like my 100 pts I want them to drop it. I also have gotten crappy hits that I know I shouldn't have. Survivors also get sooooo many other ways to screw with killers. I think it's fair. 
  • Just_Meh
    The only problem I've seen is survivors waiting to long cause they want the stun bp. Haven't had any issues as a survivor though. From Killer's perspective it looks like people are trying to slam the pallet before they've passed the middle point which results  in the slamming on the wrong side.
    Or standing at a pallet. Yeah that shiiit don't work either. I laugh when I see them do this. No soup for you! 
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Just_Meh said:
    Tsulan said:

@MuttonChops said:
    MhhBurgers said:

Git gud.

Imma side with OP on this one. That dude was disrespectful. 
    Yeah it's sad. Player has an issue and people are so toxic with comments instead of giving constructive feedback it's the "git gud" trolls. 
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

@MuttonChops said:
    MhhBurgers said:

Git gud.

What's your point? Your just being rude. 
  • Just_Meh

@MuttonChops said:
    MhhBurgers said:

Git gud.

What's your point? Your just being rude. 
    Check their comments. Git Gud is all they say. 
  • Just_Meh
    yeet said:
    🤔
    They didn't say that. You're just being an asshat. Either say something constructive or gtfo. Your weak lame a$$ toxic filled trash comments need to stop. 
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Just_Meh said:
    yeet said:
    🤔
    They didn't say that. You're just being an asshat. Either say something constructive or gtfo. Your weak lame a$$ toxic filled trash comments need to stop. 
    dude stop being toxic :^)
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They're not supposed to be safe.
    Plus humans make mistakes: You made one, ######### happens.