The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The new update

Multiplenames
Multiplenames Member Posts: 36
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

UI and movement feels absolutely disgusting since the new update. Why are the devs trying to make the movement more realistic/ sluggish than it was before, and why do the characters stand up so tall now? If i'm hiding from a killer, i'm not going to make sure my posture is nice and straight - i'm hiding from that #########. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

Almost 5 years and survivors stopped giving a ######### about the killer.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

i think survivors like David should stand up straight by guys like Dwight should hunch down. It just makes sense.

• LegionGhostface
    LegionGhostface Member Posts: 162

player movement shouldn't have been changed at all. the devs decided to change the one thing no one actually cared about, so they valued making movement more realistic rather than prioritizing our own experience & feedback. def agree w this

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

Realistic... yeah... let me stand straight up, when avoidding the killer in fear... it's not like a person in this scenario will be hunched.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

I don't see why the Animations and UI was changed. Nobody was complaining about them. They want to give the game a modern look? Well spoilers but NOTHING in the game refers to modern day horror look. Plan failed

• mrmann2000
    mrmann2000 Member Posts: 7

So I know there’s a lotta hostility between survivors and killers, but I’m one of the very few who honestly plays both a lot, not like addictively, but I’m pretty much always rank 8 or below. I said that just so you know where I’m coming from.

Pre animation change the survivors were justifiably at a disadvantage, a normal person is being chased by a paranormal killer, so it’s fair that they would be slower and have limited options to defend themselves. One method that players developed was using the oddities in the animations to their advantage, this method for many including me became one of the primary ways to survive. Simply put, these animation changes completely removed the ability to use movement to escape a killer, the killer has every single advantage in every situation, a survivor is incapable of readjusting their direction fast enough to dodge a hit from the killer that clearly should not have hit if the animations were satisfactory. I know that it was claimed that these animation changes would not affect actual gameplay, but this is proven completely untrue with one match as killer or survivor. This complete inability to outsmart killers with movement leaves the survivor with the exclusive option to be lucky enough to have either a flashlight and/or nearby pallets, to try to escape a chase.

I know these changes are highly subjective, and actually I love the new animations visually but they have completely broken the game for me personally. Perhaps the changes were intended to limit survivors options even more, which would be strange given how few they already had, but that’s possible, I’d hope if such an important tool was removed another would take its place. I am not going to be playing survivor with these animations, perhaps the fault is mine, but I find it very unbalanced and I unenjoyable. I hope whatever changes are needed are made, if not I understand.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

Well we did want animations to get updated to look better too so here we finally have it as requested.

• saltybones318
    saltybones318 Member Posts: 1

BULLLSHIP. You’re not fixing anything, you don’t care about your consumers and think your decisions were ultimately right and therefore r just saying what ppl want to hear while not having any real plans to do anything. If you were actually listening to your players you’d realize they’re not saying “fix” they telling you to “GO BACK” and if u gave a damn about them and not just the money I’d just give ppl what they want. The devs as game-makers have become just like their game and it’s players, from having actually cared about others and had an honor system a long time ago to now being all about the individual with no consideration for any other players fun. Stfu and gtfo of here with that ship. DBD IS DEAD.