Have the devs even addressed the insane hitboxes yet?

Options

So it's been 24 hours since the patch has been released and I've yet to see any statement made by the devs about the insane hitboxes that came with it? Are you guys planning to look into it or will it be one of those bugs that take months to get addressed let alone fixed?

This is not some random totem being uncleansable bug on a specific realm. This is not a two niche perks interaction being buggy. Hitboxes for ALL survivors against ANY killer are BROKEN to the point of making the game unplayable. I can't even begin to explain the bullshit hits that landed on me yesterday. The forums have been flooding with complaints from survivors who have experienced the same thing, and even killers who say they are landing hits that they should not be landing.

If this keeps up I'll just have to stop playing survivor altogether. There's no point in playing a game that I know I'm going to lose because I'm getting hit from twenty miles away, making trying to loop absolutely useless.

And yes I know fixing things takes time but I thought we would've seen some sort of statement by now? "Hey guys we know this is happening and will be addressing it asap"? But as far as I've seen, we've gotten nothing at all.

Comments

• yoko123
    yoko123 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Hi,

This happened on the PTB and it's now happening on live. I want to know if it's just me or what.

Killers are now lunging WAY earlier than they should be and still getting hits.

I have 1656 hours on this game and I play both survivor and killer. I know what distance a lunge is.

But as of the new update, from the survivor perspective, Killers are lunging way earlier than they could possibly get a hit and consistently downing me. The Killer used and connection don't seem to matter.

Here's a picture a few frames after Freddy started his lunge.

And here's where the hit registered. (Notice the blood)

Is anyone else experiencing this? I insist that this almost never happened before this update but now consistently occurs.

• yoko123
    Options

Lol I know Freddy has a bit of a name for getting weird hits due to his small size and weapon yet regular lunge range, but I swear I've had this happen with Clown, Trapper, Wraith, all the 'normal' Killers.

If I had to guess, I think something changed about the way the server handles the positions of Killers and Survivors. Judging by the fact that Killers are lunging earlier than normal, it must look like on their screen that the Survivor is closer than the Survivor thinks they are.

I just wonder what happened because, before this patch, the hits seemed fine from both sides. I hardly ever felt cheated as a Survivor, and was practically never cheated as Killer.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
  • OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,185
    Options

Maybe something’s wrong with the server.

I think it’s safe to assume the hit is valid on killer’s perspective.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357
    Options

I really can't see the hitbox issue, everything is working just like it has been since hit "validation" was added. (And hit validation didn't do a damn thing, hit registration just got even messier.)

The new animations are definitely creating the illusion of hitboxes being different/broken for some people

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options

This makes zero sense. The new animations didn't change the speed at which you run, nor the size of the survivors, nor anything like that. So how would it be an "illusion" if you're clearly getting hit from way further than you should be? People have been hit by killers from the other side of pallets and through walls. With no ping involved. Even some killers have said that they got hits they had no business getting. Something is up, no question about it.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

I have been hit through Pallets multiple times, dropped pallets with a Killer Stun and still get hit.

Just another reason this update is shiet

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

It could be that the hit boxes haven't changed but with the animations changed it looks weird because you aren't bent over with a hunch back like blight

• yoko123
    Options

If anything, the new animations should make the hits look better. Although I don't really like the new running animation, the fact that survivors no longer lean so far forward means that their character is closer to the actual hitbox. Yet for some reason, the hits look worse than usual. I definitely think this is some kind of server issue. I don't know what exactly but there's definitely a disconnect between what the killer sees and what a survivor sees now.

• Trashmaster
    Options

Sounds like the average game on dedicated servers to me.

It is totally possible that there were changes to the servers, such things are often not in patch notes, but I sure as hell don't see a difference

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

I've only played killer but I am getting 10x more unfair hits than usual

• TotemsCleanser
    Options

No dude, I get that dedicated servers are ######### and I sometimes get hit when I shouldn't be (and viceversa). But it's WAY worse right now I promise. It's like an every match thing. Maybe you got lucky, were you playing survivor or killer? Because maybe it's not easy to spot from a killer's perspective, although I've seen some killers mention that they have been landing hits that shouldn't have landed at all. I can say that, at least from the survivor's perspective, hits are completely off.

Something is absolutely going on. What that is, I don't know. Maybe there's a difference between what the killer sees and what the survivor sees, although killers' feedback on landing hits that they shouldn't have says otherwise. Maybe the hitboxes are ######### up or buggy or they have gotten bigger unintentionally. Maybe both. Maybe something else. But something is up.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

Yeah ofc as killer you get a fair amount of bullshit hits, in terms of hits through pallets/windows it's about the usual, but today I've noticed just normal M1s seem to have a further reach, so many hits that clearly did not connect but I got anyway, 10x more than usual

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500
    Options

Yeah with the new animations it feels like the game registers swings as a hit the moment they go for an attack. I usually don’t complain about bad hits but I had to see if anyone was going through this and I’m glad I’m not crazy.

• Trashmaster
    Options

I actually tried both, since I had whole 3 killer dailies and still have rather easy meg challenges to do.

So, naturally I fired up the legion, matched with the rainbow and proceeded to bully the survivors. On killer everything was actually quite clean today, no swings through people or hitting people I couldn't even see.

Next I got to experience the new game with a godawful team, only got hit once through a pallet so again things were actually working better than usual.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

There's defintly something screwy with either Servers or Hitboxes. I've played a few matches as both sides so far. As killer I'll have some matches where my attacks literally just phase through their bodies, where others I'll swing too early but they down and teleport backwards, meaning some kind of connection issue, despite my ping being stable and pretty low, along with everyone in the match. As survivor, I've had 2 matches with the same thing, just without the teleport. A doctor swung at me at Shack as I ran around the corner and he hit me, despite him being inside the shack at the time. Then there was a pallet that managed to stun him before he even got to it. So I'm leaning toward server issues, but possible hitbox issue.

• WorstKillerNA
    WorstKillerNA Member Posts: 22
    Options

Not anymore than usual

• Hail_to_the_King
    Hail_to_the_King Member Posts: 183
    Options

Yes. Even the streamers that I see are talking about how they are getting hit from farther away right now yet when you see it from killer POV, It looks perfectly fine. It definitely needs looked at. It wasn't this bad before, it is happening a lore more now after the recent update. Something is up with the servers making the latency worse or something.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

Freddy's arms can extend, new rework! Straight from OG Nightmare on Elm Street!

They screwed up bad, survivors rely on knowing the feel of movement and distance. I cant judge it at all.

• KrosseKrabbePizza
    KrosseKrabbePizza Member Posts: 161
    Options

Since this will favour the killerside, we can approximately wait until summer for a hotfix for this :)

I know, from the killerside, this is totally fine, but since it worked before they messed something up really bad.

It seems like they released the PTB without further bugfixing, but i guess it´s fine, dEvS alReaDy wOrKeD sO haRd fOr tHiS

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Its also the same in reverse, played nurse was physically point blank against survivors, still whiffed attacks even if I was on top of them for the entire lunge

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

This is something they probably cannot fix. I mean they never could fix hitboxes before, I don't know why anyone would think that can now even when they are as bad as they have ever been.

• darktrix
    Options

Yep fixing things takes time. Something that takes less time is never introducing the problem to live in the first place.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

This has been an issue in this game forever, though. As for the illusion bit, the camera angle changes when you get downed which I feel makes it seem like you got hit from farther away.

Something could definitely be up, but I'd like to see something more than a screenshot or clip of a bad hit before I'm convinced. I'd like to see the ping of both players right after it happens.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379
    Options

Probably working on new icons for the main menu or something, lol.

• Gingerninja77
    Gingerninja77 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Something is defiantly wrong with the hit boxes for survivors. I'm getting hit through walls and dropped pallets with the killer on the other side. Some M1 attacks seem to hit from further away. I know that it may be the lag on my end but with this update, it seems a lot worse than usual.

• KrosseKrabbePizza
    KrosseKrabbePizza Member Posts: 161
    Options

So you want to say, that we should live with this trash?

Would be nice to have a statement, that we could play another game instead 👨‍🎨

Oh gosh i love this game/Devteam <3

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
    Options

Yeah, game not playable at all, hitboxes, but why the reworked maps so small as well???

• TotemsCleanser
    Options

Yes the camera angle changes when you're downed. But not before you are downed. And I see the guy swinging from twenty miles away BEFORE I'm downed and still landing the hit.

There are fuckton posts of people complaining on the forums about this. A lot of clips. A lot of complaints. We're not collectively deluded. Something is up.

Sorry for being aggressive but I'm sick and tired of people being like "well I don't really see it so it's probably not true, you're imagining things". We have thousands of hours in this godforsaken game, we KNOW something is wrong ffs.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

They ruined hitboxes. I've gotten countless hits at pallets that end up with me getting stunned on the same side of the pallet as the survivor I just downed through the pallet.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Something could totally be up, but I still would like to see some data on this before everyone jumps on the "muh hitboxes" bandwagon only to find out that the servers are performing poorly and causing ping spikes, or something. My ping is pretty poor for DBD (usually 100-125) and I often take hits that feel like complete bs. This update has been no exception.

• darktrix
    Options

I'm just expressing my lack of confidence in the devs is all.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,534
    edited February 2021
    Options

they are being looked into - can't say much more than that at this stage

• darktrix
    Options

...and confidence has risen slightly.

• GreenMonkey3410
    GreenMonkey3410 Member Posts: 5
    Options

No its not lag. The hit boxes are even worst. I get hit when the killers 2 feet behind me. If i run around a whole corner and the killer hits me their arm comes through the wall. Every time it's an update the game is usually buggy but this is the worst I've ever seen it.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

To benefit the killers of course. a lot of these maps have way too many dead zones.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
    Options

So true, u try to loop and get stuck in the bushes with no way out... Survs like a rabbits in snake cage...