To the Community, is this hard?

Options

Has it ever occurred to anyone in this community that maybe if we were nicer the devs would be willing to listen? I have never seen anyone ever on these forums have actual constructive criticism about things in the game. It's all whining and complaining and moaning and groaning about how you didn't get what you want. (And before you look at my profile and say "Well you've only been here a little less than a year you don't know anything" I've been around longer that's just when I made my account) What if the devs don't want to listen to us because everything opens with "You don't care" and "You're awful" and "We're no longer buying your stuff until you fix things" and that's how it's been FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Who wants to do something for someone when they're told "If you don't give me what I want I'm going to try and kill what you've been working on for almost five year now." Who wants to listen to that? No one. I don't want to hear in the discussions about how this update is "The worst update ever" and "The most game breaking bugs ever" because that's what you all say every update and it's been like that for years.

I'd like to add something. When it comes to my experiences in dbd the only thing that makes me want to quit the game is this toxic entitled community who thinks when the devs don't give them what they want they're the worst devs on the planet that "need to be taught a lesson on how to do things."

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    edited February 2021
    Options

Eh, I tried to open a thread about constructive criticism and our problems with the patch earlier, but it didn't catch.

Comment on it, if you'd like.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

Gotta give respect to get respect. This stuff isn't new with this game. The devs have deliberately chosen to ignore the playerbase and push forward with bad design choices since this game was created. You can't fault players for telling the devs that they are making their 10,000th mistake and getting frustrated when the devs don't listen and still make the mistake.

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    Options

The devs have shown in the past that it takes an uproar or a very long time for an unpopular change in the past to be dealt with. People wouldn’t be so rude or toxic if the devs just communicated to begin with.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

Nah we've tried that before. The only way to make us heard is having a blue checkmark on twitter.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

going by the title I was afraid to look, so I'm sorry that I couldn't answer your question

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

It's not really a matter of being nice or rude. It's most of all a problem with Communication, they can't ask the playerbase to only be vocal when we like things, they can't ask us to be patient with serious game breaking issues that last for months while other content is being put out that comes with the same issue.

They are mostly looking forward and not looking the path they travel, imagine they're building a road but there's a hole in the road and instead of fixing that hole they just keep making the road with the promise of no more holes and when they're way ahead and people are using the road that is already built then everyone is noticing the holes that weren't fixed. That is the state of DbD a long road with holes here and there and everywhere while the road just keeps going and going.

At the end of the day it's their game and their vision is what matters and there's no pleasing everyone but they keep making holes in their roads...Holes in the game, holes in their costumer service, holes in the player base...

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 2021
    Options

I've been constructive and civil.

Some people are being overdramatic but most of us aren't.

Honestly? The least civil posts/threads I've seen are the ones telling other people to be more constructive and nice. 🤔

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Normally, I would agree, and I definitely don't think that personal attacks or anything of the sort is okay in any way, but at the same time emotions add context. I would rather someone not sound like a formal, emotionless robot when I'm getting feedback, and while throwing a tantrum isn't the answer, letting anger and frustration about being ignored and kept out of the loop shine through is absolutely warranted here.

Besides, they got the civilised feedback and did nothing with it because some big-shot executives wanted to stick to The Plan. Maybe now the higher-ups will start to understand that The Plan needs to be flexible.