The toxic players are out tonight.

Options
gendoss
gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I don't know if it's just me but I usually don't get toxic players that often, I really don't. Tonight tho i've gotten constant t-bags, insanely overpowered builds, and harassment! Is the new update causing people to spew salt and toxicity?

Comments

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options

To answer the title, No I diden't Play since 4.5.0 so it was not me.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    Options

it's the dread they built up over ds just to get the sense of "the devs know how it is they got our back let's have fun bois" when it didn't happen. the price they pay for it is in 20 minute queue length so they might as well make it worth it in match if they're not sensible to play something that doesn't have a 20 minute line to get into a 6 or 7 minute match

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

Yeah these past few days have been wild, got a really toxic swf on my stream the other night, luckily Oni sorted them out.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I had another console player spamming me messages right after he died saying his screen kept skipping/lagging and to stop stealing my neighbors internet. I proceeded to tell him how to tell if it was internet or not and that I know for a fact it wasn't and that it was frame drops as it always is so stop messaging every killer you play. Then he said tell your mom to pay the bill so I said stop making excuses because you were the first dead and weak link of your team you weak ass cheryl. GIT GUD and blocked him. This why I only play crossplay players xbox some whiny brats.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

For me it's been pretty chill. Yesterday everyone was toxic and running Ruin undying Tinker. Today there was a lot less most killers were probably doing quests and basically goofing off.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I played survivor for most of night. Then did one farm game with Demo I had a ritual and did the 12 damage gen/pallet one wanted both in one game so just farmed. Had alot of fun with a Jane and Zarina. Then a played a for real match right before bed with the next person in my lineup for the hook 5 challenge which was freddy and that was the hate mail one. hmmm now that I think about it?

• Epsydra
    Epsydra Member Posts: 89
    Options

I have a lot of T-bags today.

To you who T-bag like the mentally #########, yes you, I sincerely hope that your life is miserable. Or that it will become.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Haven't played a lot of killer, but you will always have the salty people who are mad they get outplayed. That being said, tbagging isn't really toxic. If you are getting annoyed by someone crouching repeatedly, then perhaps there is an issue with what you perceive as toxic

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

I dunno because it seems like everytime I get on late at night it's toxic, but I will say that I've noticed a huge rise in OoO players ever since they announced the upcoming nerf. I'm being careful on not really playing Trapper or any type of set-up killer until then, but instead stealth killers.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

They are angry because they’re nerfing DS and OoO.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Personally I find BM'ing to be the silliest of taunts. You mash buttons on your own equipment wasting your own time and I'm meant to feel bad, knock yourself out.

Its like saying "I'll show this punk I'll punch myself in the face lets see how they like that!"

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options

I found a lot of toxic players on the first 2 days since the update and threw me off massively. That plus the score system that was bugged or something and either didn't add the points on some matches. I don't know how but I went down 2 levels over 6 matches which is physically impossible even getting - 1 on each game.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,393
    Options

Actually getting annoyed or not doesn't change whether its toxic it just means it failed to get to you. Yes T-bagging is toxic as is doesn't do anything to progress the game or have any benefit and its sole reason is to try and annoy another player.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

I’ve had a few teabagging survivors and some petty insults via dm on Xbox last couple days but honestly it either just makes me chuckle or facepalm. Don’t let it get to ya. At the end of the day they’re just random people playing a game, and more than half of them are probably kids/teenagers doing what they do.

• Crazewtboy
    Options

Guess it boils down to a person-by-person basis. To me, this is not toxic. It doesn't make me mad. They just benefit me by standing still

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,393
    edited February 2021
    Options

"Actually getting annoyed or not doesn't change whether its toxic"

Bruh its in the first line lol. Whether it bothers you (general you not you specifically) or not doesn't matter. Its a taunt and nothing more, therefore its toxic.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Bisexual_Kaiju
    Bisexual_Kaiju Member Posts: 24
    Options

Yeah, I've been called a lot of slurs this week...

• GbyeDinah
    GbyeDinah Member Posts: 42
    Options

I personally don’t like tbagging. I prefer a game with decent sportsmanship on both sides (killer and survivors). I play both equally and try to be fair 100%.. But I have to agree - lately the ppl playing seem immature. Even teammates are pointing out other teammates!!! This is my personal opinion

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

Had some truly heinous t-baggers the other day. They t-bagged me at every pallet. They t-bagged me in the distance when I was chasing other survivors. Eventually one of them DCed so that the other could t-bag me at the hatch. That made me roll my eyes so hard that I gave myself a concussion.

They then tried to get salty in the post-game chat. I just pointed out to them that their "winning strategy" involved willingly taking a temporary ban and told them to enjoy their time-out.

• Crazewtboy
    Options

I wouldn't say it's taunting but I guess everyone has their opinion. Just another element of the game really.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

The tbagging is crazy.

• Pleasejustbecool
    Options

The last few days have been my worst experience playing DBD. So many toxic survivors and killers. If I’m not getting facecamped or tunneled one game I’m playing with a teammate that DC’s or points me out to the killer.

what is wrong with these people? Does it do anything if you actually report them? I have clips of people behaving this way and I wish there was something that could be done

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

What a terrible night to have a curse.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

Same with me, played survivor most of the night last night but also some killer games.

3 games I was lying on the ground with a nurse nodding her head over me after slugging all 4 survivors till they bled out. Infectious-fright nurse vs a solo squad. Well done. Didn't get a single gen done.

1 game I played against the Twins and the same happened. Looked up the killers profile, he was from MONGOLIA. I am from Norway. WHY do I get matched up against him?? He had 100000s of comments about him being toxic as well. CLearly he is out to make other peoples lives miserable.

The fact that the hitboxes are all over the place does not help.

I also tried out Wraith, wanted to see how he is after the update. I got to say that I like the new wraith, but not vs a sweaty Rainbow-rank SWF. I am rank 8 killer and faces survivors ranked 1, 2, 10 and 18. The dude being rank 18 being the worst of them all, toxic-wise. Everyone having 1000s of hours played. WOW.

The same happened last time there was a BP-event.

Hate it.

Yet, I keep playing :(

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

As if Mongolian-Norwegian relations weren't tense enough

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Spamming emotes to the opposition in whatever way is mostly meant to annoy and provoke and by that definition an "aggressively" intended action not warranted by gameplay and therefore toxic.

And yes you can argument that it is used to lure killer into a chase but it doesn't change the felt intent. Just like survivor say that some killer tactics are toxic while also being meant to be efficient.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Simply ignore them, they just seek attention. But their comment history makes for a hilarious read. Especially when they seriously (as far as the written word goes) say that they are not biased while also wanting infinites back and having fun using fat shame spots.