Do you think DBD game is a scary game or no

NoodleWithAMustache
NoodleWithAMustache Member Posts: 25
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

I don't really think DBD is a scary game, the characters look somewhat disturbing but overall it doesn't scare me and I hardly jump at it

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,067

It was kinda scary when I started playing, but after a while it stopped being scary and now there are only a few things that can scare the ######### out of me.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,899

Sometimes when a Survivor has hidden by a Pallet and I just walk through, and the Pallet slams me. That's pretty scary.

• gamer1
    gamer1 Member Posts: 20

Nah. Not really. Unless killers hit me with no heartbeat. Then I might jump lol

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869

Especially after these new running, crouching, nodding animations.. More like hilarious than scary.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

Even my character dosnt think its scary, new animation makes it look like im going for a jog in the park

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

right now it's not the survivor animations keep cracking me up so i can't take this game seriously

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

I don't find it scary. At most I'll get startled by a Mikey appearing from around a corner.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

IT can be scary if you play a) solo survivor and b) with the premise of not being found. The lack of information helps with the atmosphere ^^, and if your premise is not just run around a loop 100 times but not being found or juke the killer, it still gives me a thrill (although not a scare) after 4k hours.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

i dont think this game is scary for anyone with more than 100h

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Arcade game, horror tainted.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

It has horror aspects to it but is more intense at times.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

The scariest moment in DBD I encountered was when I played Legion on the swamp. I hooked a survivor, and looked for my BBQ to show something. With no reason the chase music starts. I look around and see nothing. I am confused. And then a dark figure appears in front of me and runs to the border of my screen. I almost screamed.

Damn Claudettes.

That's all I can say about how scary DBD is for survivor, lol.

• jadedcaffeinated
    jadedcaffeinated Member Posts: 38

it was scary for the first few games. now the only scary thing about this game is how poorly developed it is

• Msterflex
    Msterflex Member Posts: 126

It has its moments. A sneaky character like Micheal and Ghostface can definitely freak me out and it’s always a tense game. But compared to say Friday The 13th no it’s not that scary.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

The only thing that is scary about this game, are Bhvrs decisions for this game

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Sometimes if they're playing really intimidating killers or never missing they're attacks. Billy's new music when you aren't being chased gives me anxiety, like he's about to pop out and chainsaw you anytime.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

It was scary for me in my first game, a Ghostface in Midwich, I was rank 20 as a survivor and I hid the whole game in different lockers, after changing my locker, Ghostface discovered me and I screamed because I had no terror radius. Now that I have more experience, I find undetectable killers unsettling and chilling.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 405

Honestly the only thing that scares me are the survivors, and not not sweaty rank 1 SWFs, because I know how those matches will play out, but newer players. They are so wildly unpredictable and legit pop out of no where most of the time.

I had a match last night where I was Spirit on Midwich, and as I was turning a corner a survivor ran smack into me and gave me the spooks.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Since the last patch its very scary, getting whacked without the killer being anywhere near me