Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Game is Almost Borderline Unplayable for survivor

Ever since the update the Killers have insane hit boxes and now my matches consist of one of my teammates or me spawning near the Killer and getting hit in the first few seconds of the match. I want to do the event and get the rewards but if I can’t even move before me or a teammate gets downed idk how I’m going to proceed in this event.

Comments

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

i'm embracing the depips, since i'll depip either way. I play immersive af, and if the killer finds me I stand still and take the hits. No chase at all. I'm just a challenge freak right now...

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

Played several matches as survivor, im still looping/stunning/escaping like normal, just with new anims. Are the janky hitboxes only on certain killers?

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

I was being a little but hyperbolic but it’s almost impossible to win atm. Most of my teams can’t even get two gens done before they are killed.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Lol no

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2021

The hit boxes have been a little wonky on both sides. I wouldn't go as far as to say unplayable though, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Again, it's not a hitbox problem, is actual desync. It happens for both sides, but predominantly in survivors'.

• Dragonshensi

I admit since this update I’ve killed mysef a few times. Especially when I get the dumb teammates to add into the mix.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I think I escaped 4 out of my last 5 games so I'd disagree it's unplayable, there's been a few hits which were a bit questionable, but I've been playing as conservatively as possible I guess with earlier dead hards and pallet drops

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

I have ping +/- 30ms and I'm getting really strange hits as (S) like from another map, thats how far the (K) is able to hit me. And as (K) I was able to hit every (S) for like looong range, it's not fair so I just do my challenges and keep away from K, because I don't deserve these hits on them. I don't have any video of these hits but it's really funny how far are you able to hit. Anyway if you clearly miss your hit on your screen you still connect that hit somehow.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I predict they fix this in a week and extend the lunar "event"

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Breakable walls on The Game are horrible. They create so many dead ends, that survivors have little to no control over, unless they fix a certain generator. I once jumped down the bathroom and was stuck there with 2 closed walls and 2 breakable walls. I couldn't get out until the killer broke a wall to get to me.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2021

They are going overboard on the breakable walls.

Maybe we can report the devs for holding the game hostage in this case.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

It's so fun as killer though. 20 plus safe pallets is perfect.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

turning is so awful that it's not even much fun to play survivor either any more lol

• ManInaPickle
    ManInaPickle Member Posts: 36

The new game is really bad, but killer in general isn't hard. Especially right now when survivors don't know how close or far you really are as killer lol.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

yeah I keep getting the sense I'm being hatcheted (even by the sound sometimes) by a huntress from 6-8 meters away by every killer sometimes it happened again earlier with ahillbilly when a get away created more than enough range to have gotten around the corner and the moment I glanced forward a sec I got hit without even being able to see the red stain again and it sounded and felt as if I'd gotten hit by a hatchet. When I looked back he wass till too far away for alunge possibly even and he was standing completely still and I have quick cam movements so I hadn't even hit the ground yet. ######### lol. I'm so glad he was bad enough that I got out and got to troll him by plowing himself into the end of the exit gate as I got out. I know the hitboxes aren't his fault, but, he still deserved it lol

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

I am a killer main and it's honestly I'm struggling with a lot of problems too.

However I can't even take a break to survivor because it's just as if not more bullshit for them right now. I was grabbing clips from my game but I gave up because it was just this crap non stop:

Playing nurse has felt awful, deathslinger and Twins feel worse, just everything in this update is worse.

• herpderp00
    herpderp00 Member Posts: 14

I'm taking a break from this game as well. You cannot play a game where basic hit registration doesn't work and camera and movement is wonky.

• goldenchild74
    goldenchild74 Member Posts: 47

Ive noticed tht as well with the hitboxes registering hits from further away then usual its annoying.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118

Yeah its funny they all talk about survivors hitbox (wich is a problem I can understand) but nobody talk about pallet stun from Narnia, Flashlight Lighthouse, 2 of the most balanced realm gone, leting us enjoy Badham/Haddonfield/The game aka "no brain pallet land" 1 game on 2 (tho its not related to Hitbox^^). This patch is not kind on both sides.

• Dragonshensi

I find it funny(not really) that objects in this game have no mass. I’m getting hit through trees and everything. If you can no longer juke and try to avoid the strikes from killers with your surroundings anymore then just take all objects away and make it a desert map so the killer can have an easier time and not give the illusion to survivors that trees and such can shield them from attacks.

• MckFinn
    MckFinn Member Posts: 60

I agree. I came back to the game after a short break, and the first time I'm hit, the killer literally swings around a corner, and the swing is ending, but guess what? Even though I'm not even in front of him and way out of his range, I get hit. Seriously? I enjoy all these cosmetics and what not, but please focus on more pressing matters. Every addition to the game creates bugs and glitches, which don't get fixed. So, there's now a bunch of problems that have piled up over the years and it needs to be addressed.