What exactly do you want as a side objective?

ukenicky
ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

This is a question geared mostly towards Killer mains who wish for a secondary objective that would help slow down Survivors and take pressure off of generators in the event that generator repair or regression times never get touched.

I know that many people argue that totems are the most notable secondary objective even though, for the most part they are entirely optional. But still I have to beg the question, when I see threads about people complaining about how Hex perks aren't worthwhile, certain Hexes do tend to force Survivors to search for and cleanse them eg. Ruin, Devour Hope when it hits 3 stacks, Lullaby etc etc

So are Hexes not fulfilling this side niche of encouraging Survivors to cleanse them therefore making a "side objective"? Idk, I always hear complaints that "Hexes need to be stronger" and "They get cleansed in like 2 seconds so it's never worth it" and I will admit, sometimes it's absolute bs when a Survivor spawns in on your LIT HEX TOTEM like??? But aside from that I guess what I'm wondering is, if it was up to YOU what would you make as an acceptable side objective that Survivors would be encouraged to do or maybe even required to do in addition to generators?

OR would you prefer repair and regression time be looked at? I know there are many options and ways to slow down things and I just want to hear what Killers think would be a good fix / hear some ideas because personally I don't really have any good ideas for a new side objective lol

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I would want Totems to be fixed, and the gens to be way slower.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

First 2 paragraphs are a preface to my experience. 3rd my answer to your question.

I play this game mostly as killer with over 2k hours. My ratio is most likely 30% survivor 70% killer. I enjoy both about the same. Both consistently rank 1

With killer games being frustrating when games felt rushed and survivor games feeling boring because of lack of gameplay. So when i go in as killer i automatically expect a sweaty game. Otherwise i forfeit games against those teams. So i start sweaty and come down from there if i realize im facing a team with more potatoes. Sometimes crappier teams get plowed trough to quick because of that game start. While i feel bad it cant be helped in this meta or i risk a gen rush. As survivor i think i see this mentality also come out with killers i face and it sometimes comes out through hard camping and tunneling. Not fun for survivor. To gix all of this i propose this.

I think that a second objective to give survivors something more to do then hold m1 would both make balancing the gen times easier and survivor games less boring. I have always liked the idea of survivors searching for parts and tools to work on gens to be able to work on them. Now what gen times will be after they get their parts will have to be tested to see what feels balanced. I foresee 2 different scenarios either the search will take long enough to shorten gen times(prefered) or gen times can stay the same. It depends on how the community would adapt to the change. If teams get real good at stealth and it becomes the meta then shorter gen times could make the problem worse. So in that instance after testing you would keep the longer gen times and the length of each trial would increase. This concept will incentivize stealth in the beginning to make it more of a horror game and not as much of an m1 sim. While also making killers feel like the game isnt being rushed. Win win right?

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

Something I wouldn't mind seeing is once the gens are finished survivors would need something to help traverse the fog right out the exit gates. Sort of like those lanterns from the lunar event few years back. They fix gens, have to search for a lantern (thered be enough for all 4 and more than 4 spawn to avoid killers hard camping the lantern) and then they run to the exit gate to leave. It doesn't sound like much but I still think its better than nothing.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

OhTofu had an idea to change Hex perks that I think would solve this issue -- basically, make it so killers can only run one hex per match, but the hex starts out super strong and survivors have to weaken it gradually by destroying all five totems (or else they can choose to leave it up and take the risk). When I play survivor, I think hunting for totems is a fun alternative objective, but a lot of the time I don't do it for time efficiency. If it was the only way to disable a super strong hex effect, I'd do it more often.

In the absence of that solution, i think the next best thing would be some other kind of scavenger hunt -- something that forces people to move around and try to gather something or activate something besides gens.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

I hope its something other than loadingbar #5

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

We had this already.... hex undying. Survivors still wouldn’t cleanse totems so the devs did.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited February 2021

I made a proposal in the suggestion section, basically you gotta collect metal scraps to repair at the normal repair speed and herbs heal with normal speed. If you are out of materials you can still do the actions but at a much slower rate:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223733/second-survivor-objective/

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Every game the survivors have to spend 30 seconds each cleaning Cumgorgon in a big bath. If they don’t he instantly kills them all when the exit gates are powered.

• ManInaPickle
    ManInaPickle Member Posts: 36

After the first hallowed blight flower sucking event, I never want a second objective added to this game. Survivors can barely handle the one objective they have now.