Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question about clown rework and legion

I always hear than clown and legion was the worsts killers of the game and not very fun to play with them. After the reworks what one is better? (don't care about perks)

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited February 2021

Clown.

Legion never got a rework. He got a fix that didn't strengthen him at all.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

They both do things differently so it's a bit hard to say.

Clown attemps to blitzkrieg survivors with his high chase power, creating pressure by getting downs fast

Legion gathers information and stalls the game while keeping everybody vulnarable.

Neither was ever the worst killer in the game. Especially after clowns rework they both can compete if you are willing to learn to be good with them.

I'd probably still give it to Legion but I'm biased

• Vult2
    Vult2 Member Posts: 39

Maybe I will choose legion. At first sight he seems better, or at least can slow the game and is very annoying for survivors. 

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Legion lunge is bugged rn, so clown is much better

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Legion is better as long as the surviors aren't split up across the map the entire game, which doesn't happen very often.

He's basically an instant down killer because he can injury most if not all of the team very fast, and good surviors tend to not heal against him for this reason. And if they do heal, you just frenzy hit them again so their tine is wasted.

If you're looking for a good legion streamer to learn from, check out Raging Ryuga, he mains legion.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

Legion is a lot of fun. Even if you don't get everyone on death hook you often get a entity pleased because you stabbed everyone a ton.

• Vult2
    Vult2 Member Posts: 39

Ok, seems I will buy legion.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Love this!!! “Clown attemps to blitzkrieg survivors with his high chase power”

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I mean, any lunge is bugged right now. Hitboxes and survivor animations are not synced up.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Hope you have fun, but Clown is definitely stronger.

Legion (even with add-ons) is still bottom tier.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Both are ok killers really. Worst ones are Trapper, Wraith and Pig.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Never really had issues with his lunge tho. I'm assuming its shorter, but I never really noticed that at all.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Legion is by no means the worst Killer in the game, but they are frustratingly in a low tier and sometimes capable of performing at a higher tier when the situation permits.

Clown, on the other hand, is bottom tier and even with the rework, arguably one of the worst Killers in the game. It is worth pointing out that being the "worst" doesn't mean you can't win with them, or can't win consistently. It simply means that completing objectives (hooking, killing, preventing gen completion) is much harder for low tiers than it is for higher tiers. Clown has fairly strong 1v1 and is strong in a chase, but requires a lot of player knowledge in order to know when/where to use his bottles. He also has very little going for him when it comes to hindering an entire team. Furthermore, Clowns 1v1 based power makes it VERY rough for him to switch targets, as his ammo becomes split and dwindling resources can very heavily hurt the Killer. Running out of bottles and needing to reload during a chase is basically a hard choice in either direction: Be the M1 Killer, or reload and lose the target?

Legion, in comparison, is fairly good at initially hitting the entire team. However, Legion has very weak 1v1, and their power actually punishes 1v1 pretty dramatically, despite that being the only way for Legion to score hits/hooks/kills. Their power makes it fairly easy to get Survivors injured and keep them there, but that's about it. On top of that, the low level meta of "Don't heal against Legion" can work in Legions favor and against the Survivors if they don't quickly learn that the meta was established for when you solo queue with potatoes. Healing against Legion is, in fact, a good thing, but you need to know when and where to heal against them. You can force Legion to use their power and eat all the punishments that come with it (fatigue, nonlethal attacks, etc) when they might much rather go for a single target.

As for your purchase, both Legion and Clown are fairly strong early picks on account of how well they teach Killer players the basics. Both Killers really drill home the basics of being a Killer while not really hand-holding the player in any notable way. Both also teach the Killer player to very quickly identify the weaknesses of a Killer (both have plenty) and how to work around or mitigate those weaknesses. That's a very strong knowledge to have when picking up stronger Killers, as their weaknesses become fewer and the player can much more easily adapt to them.