The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

AutoHotKey and EAC?

AnotherRandy
AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
I was searching for a method to make struggling and wiggling more comfortable for me (mouse wheel down is semi optimal) and I found a tool called Autohotkey. This can make scripts/macros for that. I searched around the Internet but couldn't find an official statement from EAC or the DbD devs, so I thought it's the best to ask here:
Is this allowed to use? Can I get banned by that?
Post edited by AnotherRandy on

Best Answer

Answers

• AnotherRandy
    Devs? Mods? Anyone?
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    @mandytalks can you help
  • MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    Bump
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

You can use macros. Even streamers use macros for wiggling and struggling.
    The particular program you use for the macros though might have an effect. However, macros don't alter the game's files in any way, so you should be fine.

• AnotherRandy
    Judgement said:

The particular program you use for the macros though might have an effect. However, macros don't alter the game's files in any way, so you should be fine.

"should" is to risky for me you know, I don't want to risk my 1k hrs account for that. But I also don't want to lose the opportunity to use it if it's allowed, cuz u can imagine how exhausting wiggling and struggling is after 1k hrs playtime 
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

@AnotherRandy said:
    Judgement said:

"should" is to risky for me you know, I don't want to risk my 1k hrs account for that. But I also don't want to lose the opportunity to use it if it's allowed, cuz u can imagine how exhausting wiggling and struggling is after 1k hrs playtime 

Macros are a greyzone, we dont like to talk about it, since it is not allowed, but secretly, most people do it. Iirc they look out for autohotkey specifically, since they can detect it, but if you use razer software (or any other brands software with macros), they cant detect it and its safe. If you dont have gaming software, you can rebind struggle to mousewheel up or down.

• AnotherRandy
    Bump
  • AnotherRandy
    Bump the second 
  • AnotherRandy
    Another bump 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited November 2018

@AnotherRandy said:
    I was searching for a method to make struggling and wiggling more comfortable for me (mouse wheel down is semi optimal) and I found a tool called Autohotkey. This can make scripts/macros for that. I searched around the Internet but couldn't find an official statement from EAC or the DbD devs, so I thought it's the best to ask here:

This program is not listed on the EAC whitelist, so yes its usage can get you banned. However, we dont know whether EAC searches for it acitvely, but if it is detected you will be perma banned and there is no chance to get unbanned after that

You gotta decide for youself whether this "comfort" is worth risking a perma bann, for me it isnt

• AnotherRandy
    edited November 2018
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

This program is not listed on the EAC whitelist, so yes its usage can get you banned. However, we dont know whether EAC searches for it acitvely, but if it is detected you will be perma banned and there is no chance to get unbanned after that

You gotta decide for youself whether this "comfort" is worth risking a perma bann, for me it isnt

It isn't blacklisted either or is it? Does a blacklist even exist? I wish EAC or devs would be more transparent about those programs and giving us a clear YES or NO, especially EAC. It's a bit weird that you can possibly get PERMANENT banned for a pretty normal program without any information on any official website how EAC will behave to that. Doesn't feel like a competent anti cheat system if you ask me tho
  • AnotherRandy

Also, why is there no chance to get unbanned if EAC bans someone wrongly for using AHK or any other macro software? I know from the game RUST that people were able to get unbanned after banwave for macro software or so ("due to the behalf of the game developer"). Im wondering why the dbd devs don't care about lifting false bans and just let the community just sit there with nothing. Sadly, there is no transparency at all and it feels so uncomftable to install AHK but at the same time it's not comfortable to stick with current smash button mechanic

• Master

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

It isn't blacklisted either or is it? Does a blacklist even exist? I wish EAC or devs would be more transparent about those programs and giving us a clear YES or NO, especially EAC. It's a bit weird that you can possibly get PERMANENT banned for a pretty normal program without any information on any official website how EAC will behave to that. Doesn't feel like a competent anti cheat system if you ask me tho

A blacklist never existed, even in the old system. (if there exists one now, please provide the link to it)

Either it is whitelisted or you are at risk to get banned. And yes, you will get instantly perma banned for cheating (no thats not a pretty normal programm, you are gaining an ingame advantage by using a third party program). And EAC is by no means a competent anti cheat system^^

• AnotherRandy
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

A blacklist never existed, even in the old system. (if there exists one now, please provide the link to it)

Either it is whitelisted or you are at risk to get banned. And yes, you will get instantly perma banned for cheating (no thats not a pretty normal programm, you are gaining an ingame advantage by using a third party program). And EAC is by no means a competent anti cheat system^^

What advantage I'm gaining exactly? I'm gaining absolute no advantage, the speed of wiggling is limited, and struggling doesn't matter either how fast spacebar gets smashed. So idk what point your making but it's illogical tho.
    With "normal program" I mean people are using AHK or other similar software in daily bases on their office workflow for automatic sequences for example.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

What advantage I'm gaining exactly? I'm gaining absolute no advantage, the speed of wiggling is limited, and struggling doesn't matter either how fast spacebar gets smashed. So idk what point your making but it's illogical tho.
    With "normal program" I mean people are using AHK or other similar software in daily bases on their office workflow for automatic sequences for example.

You prevent yourself from developing carpal tunnel. It's unfair.

Mods! ARREST THIS MAN.

• AnotherRandy

@Visionmaker said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Mods! ARREST THIS MAN.

What is carpal tunnel? Translator doesn't give me translation for that

• Master

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

There is indeed a perfect speed in that you mash the key. Thats wh y you always getr a diffreent number of struggle poitns for example.

I dont know why we are arguing about this though. THe program is definitely not on the whitelist, so you are running the risk to get banned. Whether its worth that, you gotta decide for yourself

• Visionmaker

@AnotherRandy said:

@Visionmaker said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Mods! ARREST THIS MAN.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/

It is a health disorder from repetitive hand motion (like typing or pressing the same key). Office workers often develop the syndrome.

• Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

There is indeed a perfect speed in that you mash the key. Thats wh y you always getr a diffreent number of struggle poitns for example.

... You don't play survivor too often, do you?

• AnotherRandy
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

I dont know why we are arguing about this though. THe program is definitely not on the whitelist, so you are running the risk to get banned. Whether its worth that, you gotta decide for yourself

I always get the same number of struggle points, doesn't matter if I press spacebar or do the mousewheel semi QoL change.
    Well, you started to claim that it gives an advantage which it absolutely doesn't, I'm just exposing/explaining/showing that your wrong with that statement. Not really arguing with you fam

@Visionmaker said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Visionmaker said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Mods! ARREST THIS MAN.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/

It is a health disorder from repetitive hand motion (like typing or pressing the same key). Office workers often develop the syndrome.

Oh haha my bad I thought it's an English word and not a special term, should use Google next time, thanks for the explanation mate :)

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Seems like, probably the reason why he wants survivors to get that syndrome, he hates survivors lol just joking, but he's wrong with the advantage statement

• Master

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

You hit it too fast => some hits dont register
    You hit it too slow => you lose struggle time

But if you used macros from the very beginning, you dont know that :wink:

• Visionmaker
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Um.. I've almost never gotten any less than ~893 points or something like that. It's a consistent number, not matter how absurdly fast you press. Hitting "too" fast doesn't exist. If you hit too slow you die. That's it. But slow is literally missing a beat.There are rarely cases the value changes.

If you claim that values are constantly changing, I doubt you play survivor at all. Especially when you think people use macros to get consistent struggle points...

• Master

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    Master said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Um.. I've almost never gotten any less than ~893 points or something like that. It's a consistent number, not matter how absurdly fast you press. Hitting "too" fast doesn't exist. If you hit too slow you die. That's it. But slow is literally missing a beat.There are rarely cases the value changes.

If you claim that values are constantly changing, I doubt you play survivor at all. Especially when you think people use macros to get consistent struggle points...

Apparently you know better. Good for you :wink: