The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Advice on Adept Cannibal and Deathslinger

marciamarciamarcia
marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

With the recent rank reset (all the way down to rank 16), I have decided to take this time to do some of the killer adept achievements, focusing on my current two mains, Cannibal and Deathslinger. Although I've found doing adepts with all of my survivors to be pretty easy, doing these killer adepts has been a major challenge.

Any advice on completing the adepts for Cannibal and Deathslinger? I've gotten a few Ruthless Killers during my adept attempts, but not a Merciless yet. I find that while I get great tracking information from BBQ & Chili, I struggle with losing gens quickly since I don't have any slowdown perks. As for Deathslinger, he has some gen slowdown with Dead Man's Switch, but I feel I don't have good tracking information coming from the other two perks.

For what it's worth, I watched Otz's video on killer adepts and strategies for each killer, but I would appreciate some other perspectives.

Comments

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79
    edited February 2021

Good news/bad news...

Good news--I just earned a Merciless Killer using Cannibal and only his 3 perks! This came as a surprise since I was on a map that I don't find favorable to the Cannibal (The Game).

Bad news--For whatever reason, my Xbox didn't unlock this as an adept achievement. There was definitely a Merciless Killer screen notification and I earned 2 pips, but no trophy this time. I'm guessing it's an issue with the emblems (as mentioned above). *grumble*

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I had this happen once, and it's just the achievement system lagging a little. It eventually showed I got it.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Play cannibal as an M1 killer. Use chainsaw for faster pallet breaks but only go for hammer hits. Using his power basically destroys chaser emblem and doesn't grant points on any others

• That's encouraging because I am ready to move on from this build lol

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

Hard tunnel 2 survivors and hope that they don't DC or kill themselves on first hook, them you farm with the other two. Works with every killer

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    edited February 2021

I got adept deathslinger on ps4 recently. Unfortunately my advice won't be very helpful: I sent myself to The Game and it was a breeze, but that was before the update. And I haven't played new Game with slinger and a million god pallets everywhere.

I'd recommend warden's keys+tin oil can for your add ons.

I hear a lot of people suggest going to dead dawg saloon for slinger but for whatever reason I cannot for the life of me do well on that map, and I know it's just a me problem.

• magicmaster2020
    magicmaster2020 Member Posts: 499

I'll tell you what though, when you're trying to get adept plague at rank like 8 it's not fun at all.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619

Wow actually didn't think people like you exist. You want advise and not saying he's "Uncounterable" , good on you.

Deathslinger

Just like with huntress, looping the deathslinger at tiles which will make it easy for him to hit like a TL. You need to play differently against deathslinger than any other killers. I'm sure you know how to loop a TL correctly, the answer is don't. Be unpredictable, don't make obvious movements and that's a good counter.

CANNIBAL

Force an M1

• Update: On my first match of the day, I earned my first adept on Deathslinger. And this time the achievement actually unlocked on my Xbox lol

Next I'm going to go back and try to complete the adept with Cannibal and then with some of the other killers I like to play. This has been a cool challenge since it has forced me to really learn how to use the killers and their powers without the benefit of my typical builds.