Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hits Won't be Fixed for 2 Patches???

jester20k
jester20k Member Posts: 827
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Are you guys for real??????? You should have dropped everything else to fix this issue, in comparison screwing with the ui and animations is like trimming your lawn edges while someone is using a backhoe to dig up the middle of your yard. This game is completely broken right now due to hits and it'll be fixed in 2 patches????? #########

Comments

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited February 2021

At this point they may as well rollback this broken update, it's the only viable solution I can see.

• Its funny how bad hits for survivor gets this level of rage and priority. Killers have had auto-aim yanking them into walls and objects for how long now? not to mention gen and hook grabs literally don't work. Somehow that's all seen as a minor issue though and we're waiting on a fix 2 years later.

If you're a killer player you might as well not exist to this company

• jester20k

It's so much worse than vaults, you.dont have time to react to the killers action anymore, no matter what you do, 4 out of 5 times youre gonna get hit. Example, on Ormond last night against a wraith with a silent bell, at the snow cat tractor looking thing, I was being chased, i was at that pallet on the end of it, and he went way over to the other side of the snow car where the chest can spawn, I knew what he was doing, he was going to uncloak and come at me one way or the other. No red stain to help me but in normal times there is 0% chance he would have hit me. Not only did I get downed when he made his move, the hit was such bs I didn't even have time to drop the pallet. Thats a huge distance. Ridiculous

• firstly I have played survivor. The hits are the least of the problems, check my post the other day raging about the matchamking. rank 1 meta tryhardss and the game gives me rank 18 survivors to work with. Fun.

secondly you obviously havent played killer. If only it was a whiff and a few seconds lost. Those whiffs allow survivors to make pallets/vaults and that can really drag out the chase

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

This isn't a productivity issue. BHVR pushes out hotfixes for all platforms at once and each console has different review processes in order to get the hotfix accepted. Meaning if they want to get a hotfix out tomorrow they likely already had to submit the hotfix patch sometime last week.

• jester20k

I don't believe you, because hits are the foremost issue easily.

Also not sure how you're whiffing that bad, I'm a 50 50 player yer with like 5000 hours , 9 out of 10 times you dont whiff within a vault range of anything, usually the survivors just keep trying to get 360s because they have no other option and get hit.

• jester20k

It is a productivity issue 100%, they have a super laid back work when you want to corporate atmosphere. Leads to some ######### product.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Matchmaking issues may be the result of the Unbroken Emblem being Broken. People are depipping where they used to at least safety, so Red Ranks are thinning out. This will definitely cause Matchmaking problems when your supply of players decreases and Matchmaking starts grabbing anyone they can find.

It's gotten slowly worse for me day by day since the patch dropped. First day or so, really solid matchmaking overall. Now, it's either great or complete rainbow. I play with Crossplay on if that makes a difference. Can see this issue becoming more prevalent the further we go without a fix for the Emblem. Play in Purple Ranks right now, and it was high Green -> Purple for the first couple days on both sides.

They need to do a full pass on their servers, imo at least. Ever since it went to dedicated servers, there have been a lot of BS hits. Whatever this bug (maybe bugs?) is, it's just exaggerated the problems that have been in game since that time. Until they can "fix" the dedicated servers (whatever that might entail), hits will always be buggy. We're just seeing it more often now.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited February 2021

I am so pissed rn like I can't believe that I actually thought they would fix this in 4.5.1. Won't make that mistake again for sure.

I can deal with everything else in this patch but this is just unacceptable. Not to mention that there is both the event and the rift going on right now, both are timed and survivor is STILL unplayable.

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264

This is just not good enough in my opoinion. The hitboxes are broken and its near unplayable as survivor right now. what are BHVR thinking? This should be top priority!

• survivors getting hit when they think they shouldnt.....vs killers not getting hits when they think they should because the game either takes it from them or swings them into the wall

You stink of survivor entitlement. It's the same damn thing

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

I'm straight up making a long brake from DBD until this is fixed. I'm tired of getting killed due to this bug. Hope you guys have other games to play / other hobbies to attend to.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

after chapter dlc or mid chapter patch, they always have 2 hot fix patches which are of the X.Y.1 and X.Y.2. this is how it's been since i've been with the game in october 2018. it isn't something that happens within weeks but patch release tuesday (say 5/1) hotfix 1 release tuesday (5/8), then hotfix 2 release (5/15) (dates were examples so you'd understand the first two weeks after the content patches are these extra patches)

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

BHVR isn't that slow to putting out patches. We usually get a hotfix patch for the next 2 or 3 weeks following a chapter or mid-chapter patch.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

I see from your other comment that you think this game is in the worst state it's ever been in so it's clear where your head is at, but the comment you replied to isn't even controversial lol. I'm sure that's exactly that they're doing; fix everything as quick as possible, but bundle up the smaller and easier fixes in the first dot fix and bundle the more time consuming fixes in the second dot fix. Certainly beats waiting longer to release the first round of fixes because they want to get everything into the same dot fix. I'm sure different teams are working on the UI and the hit issues as well.

The game is not "literally unplayable" as survivor right now. It's just more frustrating than usual. It's worth keeping things in perspective.

• notstarboard

I'm struggling to see how you would somehow be less satisfied after getting this news than before it. They identified the issue and are prioritizing a fix. They're being even more transparent than usual about it. If you're annoyed about this making it out the door in the first place, what about this announcement made you less likely to buy the rift? The fact that they're not holding up the simpler fixes just to bundle them together with the more time consuming ones?

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

True. But the problem happens to be is also is the Lack of hot fixes.( a point I forgot to bring up in the original post) I get it takes time to do these things. We had 2 hot fixes between chapter 18 - now. Which brings back my original point: EA & Bethesda are more consistent with the patches/hotfixes & FIX the bugs, not letting them persist for too long in their games with each update.

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021

I wasn't aware they stated actual release dates for these patches, but regardless, how is this timeline any different than any other "game breaking" (but not actually game breaking; just serious) issue they've dealt with in the past? I'm also struggling to see how it's more unacceptable for the fix to an issue, even an important one, to take a few weeks to implement than for the issue to make it into the patch in the first place. Forcing out a hotfix before it's ready is not a good solution. The fix needs to actually fix the problem without introducing new ones; you'd be right to doubt if the fix will actually work if you're also expecting it to come out so quickly.

Reverting the patch is not a good solution either and could even delay the fix as @Sonzaishinai rightly calls out. I would treat that as a last resort in the event of an actual game-breaking bug, like some sort of consistent crash.

• Zeb89
    Zeb89 Member Posts: 8

If you have ever spent money on the season pass/auric cells then you should be the last person to complain about anything at all.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

If they did a patch like, tomorrow, and then another patch like a week later it would be fine.

Everyone talking about how ridiculous it is, how they will totally quit or whatever else but the player count still doesn't reflect what people are saying:

Sure there are more killers and less survivors; but honestly that's been making queue times shorter for survivor and only a bit longer for killer, queue times have never been better haha.

I mean it's awful and it needs to be fixed ASAP of course; but I find it funny how folks want to say how it's going to kill the game and the playerbase has gone up lol. Sure there is the event but I mean, it only went up by about the same as usual which means the player base would be the same as usual without an event.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I don't know about EA, I stopped buying their games a few years ago, but Bethesda is one of the worst companies for bug fixing out of the AAA bunch. There are still bugs in Fallout 4 that will actually break your playthrough for the Main Questline for the various factions making it impossible to finish the game for that Faction during your playthrough. I have encountered this twice myself playing it. They rely on the large number of dedicated modders to fix their games. Won't even talk about the bug filled mess of vanilla Skyrim.

As far as patching this one goes... with cross-platform play, you are going to end up with slowdowns on it right out of the gate. They can push a hotfix to PC quick, but that certification process for consoles can drag. They might have actually had one ready to go pretty quickly, but Sony or M$ might be taking time before allowing it to go live. They can't have players on different systems running different versions. I'd imagine that would cause all sorts of problems if it would even work.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited February 2021

you know what is the worst part about the "we need to fix animations, survs can't 360 otherwise :,("?

That Blight broken FOV is not gonna be fixed yet. After all, it has been just 7 months, what's the hurry.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited February 2021

Yep is unbelievable how they comitted not only one, but 3 big mistakes in a row. First not testing their updates, second not rolling back, and third not being able to hotfix the issue soon. I think they hit a record this time, i can't remember of another update so disastrous than this one. Like some carismatic streamer out there would say: "they are going titanic".

But the most disturbing thing is that right now there are 30k people playing a broken game and i doubt they are all killers. I personally don't enjoy playing a broken game and i don't understand how there are so many right now. I have been playing other games after this disaster.

• HexSmolPP
    HexSmolPP Member Posts: 62

I've got soooo much footage between Streaming and saving clips of me dying because of hits that'd never hit me. I swesr every single pallet I stun the Killer with they transport right through it and hit me. Then there is being hit 10 feet away smh

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I've been saying this for nearly 2 years, lol. There is no evidence of them having even a semi-competent QA team.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I haven't seen anyone claim it's going to kill the game; just how they're not going to play. I didn't play for a month before this patch, played about 5 games with friends and got sick of it after getting 3 killers that were using a VPN and the other 2 still got all hits that weren't in the realm of possibility for connecting.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351
    edited February 2021

Go back and look at the other bumps from previous patches at peak hours compared to this patch the game has gained a mere 1,000 players during peak hours over the previous week, and it hits a wall when it gets to 50,000 players.

This patch has been an unmitigated failure being propped up by a new battlepass and "Event".

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

no i you clearly doesnt play survivor you reek of killer entitlement. it is really easy to spot killer entitlement in this forum.

just see your previous comments all discrediting survivor. you know what in this forum killer main tends to discrediting survivor.

ex

"survivor shouldnt whine bla2 because of...."

"survivor getting hit while bla2"

since when that auto aim is problem, this help killer much more than disabling auto aim at all.

this patch hitbox is sucked even devs already said they gonna fix it. accept it you're just biased killer main

• It's been fine dude.

IT took a huge hit back during the 4.3.0 update, but other than that, the numbers have not been different enough to be worth mentioning.

If I was to be concerned it would be more about that october period not anything since then.

• Buckoben
    Buckoben Member Posts: 351
    edited February 2021

This game has lost 25,000 players during peak hours in the span of a month and it is steadily bleeding players.

if you go day by day and check the peak of each since the release of the patch there is about a drop of a 1,000 players per day.

This is not the sign of a game doing well.