The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SURVIVOR SEEMS UNPLAYABLE RN!

does anyone else feel like survivor is unplayable rn? idk with the new movement, hud and hitboxes being off it just seems hard and unenjoyable to play.

plus the unbroken emblem is broken for console (not sure if it's the same for pc), making it impossible to get pips anymore, regardless of points / how long you're alive in the match.

i've gone from keeping at a steady rank 4 for at least a month, occasionally dropping back to 5, to rank 9 in the space of three days since the new update came out.

does anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

If you die you get zero points from Unbroken.

• Kill_Yr_Idol83
    Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 213

I've depipped from Rank 3 to Rank 7 since the update and the emblem bug, as a solo survivor. I quit playing today cause it's just not fun right now with all these bugs. If they cancel rank reset like the should, knowing the emblem system is bugged, I'll come back but until then, I'm out. I've been playing this game everyday for 4 years and it feels bad having to put it down.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

Similar situation here, started the patch at rank 3 almost rank 2 for the first time, now I'm rank 6 headed to rank 10 by the weekend. If I were smart, I would play anything else at all...

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

Between the clunky movement and bs hitboxes I'm having a great time. Devs change something and make 100 things worse. Never ceases to amaze.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I slipped down a little, but I started playing a little more selfish and now bounce between 2 and 1. I think the slip was because most everyone was doing the challenges so didn't care about dying as much. I know I didn't.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Survivor movement feels worse and killer hit detection looks god awful too. So making the best decisions based on the distance of the killer, faking pallets etc. (you know, actual skillful plays and the signs of a good survivor?) is virtually impossible because you're getting hit from a continent away from your actual position and it is so awful and lame to deal with.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

See you wanted scary horror, but they were thinking shocking horror.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,194

Not sure what's worse: that they didn't test this at all, or they did test it and still said "eh whatever, ship it."

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Honestly I haven't noticed the hitboxes being bad for me at all. My games are usually this bad and I always have 30 - 40 ping. I'm just glad people are finally noticing what i've been going against for years.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

At this point, everyone is aware of the glaring bugs and issues like clunky movement and horrible hitboxes. It is now over 24 hours since the last update from the devs regarding this bugged update. I would like a little bit more transparency, considering how awful the game feels right now compared to how it felt before the update. I think a 1.5x or 2x weekend at the end of the Lunar event would be enough to settle this, alongside a quick fix to the hitboxes, as that's the most game-breaking bug right now.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

The only good thing about these horrible survivor side glitches is that the queue times have consistently been MUCH better LMAO; if this is the devs trying to get more people into playing killer, I gotta hand it to them for coming up with an effective way to get that happening LMAOOO

But yeah, survivor is extremely frustrating right now. It's not completely and utterly horrible if you're used to playing in a super safe way, but if you liked to play close to the edge/take some risks, there are only downsides to it. If you want to try a mindgame or two against the killer... that doesn't exist now and you almost ALWAYS lose. You literally can't win pallet mindgames because pretty much every single killer is swinging through pallets at this point, for good reason!

A couple of my friends are taking a break out of frustration. I still enjoy the game and have faith that the devs will fix the issues, so I'm still playing, but definitely not quite as much.

I'm also not feeling at all guilty over bringing strong builds or even keys- nearly every single killer has been taking advantage of the current killer favored issues, so I'm gonna look out for myself in the ways I can control LMAO

You know they know what they're doing when EVERYONE is swinging wildly around corners, every single pallet, etc., all while a much larger percentage than usual of killers are equipping Enduring and Mad Grit (not many people are bringing it up, but if you try to make a killer miss a hit while carrying a survivor, they are hitting you from very far away and as if they can still lunge even while carrying a survivor).

I've had so many "WHAT WAS THAT HIT!?!?" moments in just the past two days lmfaooo

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154

Hard to not de-pip? Yes. Annoying hitboxes in some matches? Yes. But it's far from unplayable. All I see in every match is a genrushed 7 min game in which killers can't do anything even if hitboxes happen to be enormous.

• How_Hamhaesque
    How_Hamhaesque Member Posts: 39

I play killer, but ever since the patch almost every match I had had a survivor or two DC a few minutes in. This hadn't happened before the patch, and hearing about all the issues plus the one time the game crashed on me I can imagine why this keeps happening.

It sucks a lot, I don't feel like playing normal so I just maybe do some chases and let the survivors wiggle free afterwards, then let them finish gens and leave or farm a bit with me before, whatever it seems they'd like. Had maybe 2-3 actual games in the last couple days, and even then I'm wondering if hits I get are due to my efforts or the hit-validation issues.

I really hope they fix this quick. Some killers might enjoy a 4k whatever the circumstances but for me the chase itself is the part I like. At least as killer (I found being chased frustrating even before the patch). So I appreciate the players that do usually enjoy being survivors and hope they can have a good time again.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Apart from the weird hits the new killer pallet vacuum is pretty annoying

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

Given we had a 4 man escape like 20+ games in a row I don't think it's "Unplayable"

• OmegaCerebro
    OmegaCerebro Member Posts: 18

Is no one going to mention how they sneakily zoomed in the survivor perspective so that we now see less of our surroundings than before? I used to be able to see my entire character from head to toe when standing. Not anymore. Also, whenever I'm hooked, the zoom is so bad that the killer's upper torso and lower legs are clipped.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

It´s not unplayable. Hit box seems a little larger, unbroken is bugged af and the injured running animation are the things that bother me. But its by no means unplayable.

• Haha yeah that injured animation looks ridiculous you are like...pitter pattering away from the killer.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It's a completely miserable side to sign up for and its only getting worse in coming patches. Constant nerfs, punishment for doing objectives, and gigantic hitboxes you couldn't counterplay.

• Tsulan

It always looks like they are on their way to the bathroom.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited February 2021

It is. Servers being completely botched/desynced means survivors simply get the short end of the stick. May as well have every killer we face be a VPNer.

Also the camera change on being downed makes me genuinely feel ill, and I don't even get motion sickness normally, so that puts me off, too.

• mrmann2000
    mrmann2000 Member Posts: 7

So I know there’s a lotta hostility between survivors and killers, but I’m one of the very few who honestly plays both a lot, not like addictively, but I’m pretty much always rank 8 or below. I said that just so you know where I’m coming from.

Pre animation change the survivors were justifiably at a disadvantage, a normal person is being chased by a paranormal killer, so it’s fair that they would be slower and have limited options to defend themselves. One method that players developed was using the oddities in the animations to their advantage, this method for many including me became one of the primary ways to survive. Simply put, these animation changes completely removed the ability to use movement to escape a killer, the killer has every single advantage in every situation, a survivor is incapable of readjusting their direction fast enough to dodge a hit from the killer that clearly should not have hit if the animations were satisfactory. I know that it was claimed that these animation changes would not affect actual gameplay, but this is proven completely untrue with one match as killer or survivor. This complete inability to outsmart killers with movement leaves the survivor with the exclusive option to be lucky enough to have either a flashlight and/or nearby pallets, to try to escape a chase.

I know these changes are highly subjective, and actually I love the new animations visually but they have completely broken the game for me personally. Perhaps the changes were intended to limit survivors options even more, which would be strange given how few they already had, but that’s possible, I’d hope if such an important tool was removed another would take its place. I am not going to be playing survivor with these animations, perhaps the fault is mine, but I find it very unbalanced and I unenjoyable. I hope whatever changes are needed are made, if not I understand.

• KawaiiArii
    KawaiiArii Member Posts: 4

Hi! Survivor Main here.

Do yall think the Devs actually read these? I think my first ever forum post is directed for their attention, but also to talk to the community.

So, I have been playing DBD for over three years on XBOX, and in the last year switched over to PC. I paid for the games both times, I own all of the DLC, and almost every single Feng Min skin - almost. I have every single survivor perk unlocked - for almost every character. I dont often play with a full SWF, I am either solo or with one other party. Rarely do I play with a full team. I have 593.7 hours on PC and 532 hours on Xbox - while working 60 hours a week. (odd, I know - I've put a lot of time into the game when I moved to PC, haha) My point is, not only have I spent a LOT of money on the game, but also a lot of time, effort, and energy. I come here today because for the first time I am extremely disappointed and worried for future of Dead by Daylight.

In the twins chapter, there were literal GAME BREAKING bugs. To the point where the bugs made it so you couldn't play as the twins - poor Victor would always be stuck in the ground or in the air. Remember the hill bug? Dont get too close to the hill as survivor, or you'll be stuck there until the killer has mercy on you, or doesn't. I'm not even getting into all of the other bugs, but trust me - we, the players, consider these bugs to be game breaking, making it impossible to play. Now, it's really devastating when you're given new content, but can't play it until a month after its release. This is no longer considered to be "new content".

Today, there is a pattern. New "midchapter" release - and now it is even more unplayable than before. Out of all the games I play, this is the one that takes the longest to fix when there is an issue. This is the only game I play that has issues on updates like this at all - as though it's not even tested prior to release. To me, it's on the level of Cyberpunk - but on a more consistent level.

This is not the only thing that worries me for the future of Dead By Daylight. These bugs are not the only thing that makes me believe the game will soon be unplayable...Over the past three years DBD has gone through many, MANY changes. I played when Freddy was literally the weakest killer, and now he's got an overpowered kit - with traps, mobility, perk-counterplay...his kit is endless. I played with old ruin, where it slowed the game down, and they nerfed the heck out of it. I played before "dead"icated servers, when the ping was at the mercy of the killer's host P2P. The fact that we have been on dedicated servers for as long as we have been now, and there are still only 2 servers for ALL of North America is devastating to me.

In the most recent Dev stream they talked about some changes to come with Object of Obsession and Decisive Strike. Now, while I understand the logic behind changes to both of these perks - I feel like with ALL of the changes combined, the survivor role is becoming more and more difficult to play. I can acknowledge, and even be grateful, for the few nerfs killer perks and even moris (FINALLY) have received, and even the few survivor perks buffs - but it doesn't add up. It doesn't make up for all the unplayable aspects of survivor at the moment.

I dont know about you all, but the only change I have ever asked for was the fact that I can touch the ground and start moving after a window/pallet vault and still be hit, to be fixed. Even while running Spine chill and Resilience. Being able to play a game smoothly and consistently is much more important than its graphics. At this point I dont see that the devs have any intention on fixing the hit boxes or the real issues. Yeah, they'll fix the bugs - but the fact that I can STUN the killer with a pallet and still get hit? That didnt happen before the dedicated servers.

You can cover your house in paint, but when your foundation is breaking - no amount of paint can fix the foundation issues.

And now the survivors hitboxes are even bigger than before?

After the 1,000 hours, and all the money I have put into the game I think I'm done for now. I dont want to support a game that doesn't support its players. It goes far beyond "fun" and "enjoyment", it's become - "is it even playable?"

• KawaiiArii

Can I ask what your method of playing is? Are you a stealth player? If not, are you going down immediately in almost every chase?

As a nonstealth redrank, I can usually stay in chase for a three gen run. But with this current update, I'm going down immediately in every chase.

• KawaiiArii

Yeah they've done a lot of under-handed sneaky changes like this that no one ever talks about . With every map change they've made - the map is shrunk down significantly in size - but the number of hooks remains the same too.

• It's worse for nurse right now than survivor.

Survivor the hitboxes sometimes work in your favor too it's been a whole lot of nonsense on both sides.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

Sure it is playable, but by no means is it what I would consider fun. Survivors who are experiencing the hit issues cannot gauge any distance when it comes to a killer.

I dropped a pallet, killer didn't get stunned, but he aimlessly took a swing and I took a hit. The clown standing at the top of the stairs hitting me while I am at the bottom.

I normally have no issues maintaining red rank. I have went from a rank 3 to an 8 within the past 2 days. It is so ridiculous, it has become comical.

• KawaiiArii

I've asked "WHAT WAS THAT HIT?" 1,000 + times BEFORE the update, but now it's like EVERY. SINGLE. HIT.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

The new animations and hitboxes just kill survivor for me..

• Tsulan

I'd say I play mixed. Stealthy with a Jane. What usually gets me killed is the new dead ends on the reworked maps.

• Tsulan

That's because of the unbroken bug. If you don't survive it's almost a guaranteed depip.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

Oh yeah, of course. We are all very familiar with the old mode of laggy killer hits. That was that- annoying, but still playable because it didn't happen every game or even every hit. This new stuff is even more confusing lmaooo

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

What better horror than making the Killers near undefeatable and always winning?

• Dragonshensi

Same has happened for me as well with the clown. He can hit me from a mile away. Makes it all the worse because of that mocking laugh. Like he knows it’s messed up.

• Dragonshensi
  • Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Completely untrue. I rarely survive my matches because I play stupid a lot and prefer to see others escape rather than me.

Pips are coming at the usual rate for my own playstyle. Getting singles reasonably often, and only depipped twice when I was blown out of the match early, once from tunneling and once because I was dumb. Over roughly 25-30 matches.

If a single emblem category is causing you to depip all the time, you need to work more on your gameplay. Not saying the category isn't broken, it obviously is, but don't exaggerate the effect of this.

• Leovanni
    Leovanni Member Posts: 52

These games are so ridiculous.

If i don't have to deal with the usual BS of black ward double iri/purple killers and super boring zero hook to 2 sac noed killers, its just attempting to loop killers, watching my character stick on every animation, get hit, drop a pallet, take a step, then watch them hit me over the pallet. This last one happened three times in 4 games.

I tried playing a couple killer games to see if it was just me being rusty or tired and i swtg i could M1 within 10 meters of a survivor and it would hit no matter what. I could latch Victor onto a survivor without aiming. At one point they couldn't even kill victor when I did miss. Just watched the two of them huddle around until I could strike again. (Could also be that they were panicing and not holding the button?)

I'm spending hours to get one good game and then they don't even feel good cause it ends up being a baby killer just trying for the new quests.

Do they not have a quality control team? Is the PTB just there so they can make sure their new stuff doesn't literally crash the game, all else be damned?

• Leovanni
    Leovanni Member Posts: 52

The emblem system is literally broken atm the developers themselves literally posted about it for the next bug update. You can earn enough to almost pip up and still lose a pip.

Personally I'll take the depips, purple ranks are the best. No noeds, no sweaty tryhards, less common to see purple and iri add-ons where they actually know how to use em.

• Tsulan
    edited February 2021

Are you sure about this? I barely pipped, because i played a perfect match, but died in the end. Now guess what happens when i didn´t play a perfect match. I also depiped a couple of times, when someone disconnected during the loading screen.

• A_eagle60
    A_eagle60 Member Posts: 3

Survivor really does feel unplayable even at higher ranks. I hopped on today because some friends wanted to play, now DBD used to be my favorite game (still is, just haven't played in awhile) and because im in a SWF I didn't really care ab getting out but apart of me still cared ab getting my pip. Now out of all 5 games me and my friends played I died in 4 of them while making sure my (newbie) friends got out in all 5. In all 4 games I died in I died in the EGC and still got black unbroken emblems. This just kind of stripped the fun for me because I was unable to pip. And makes it feel like im force to make sure I get out instead of where it used to be getting out wasn't even the main objective. I wish they could make it to where gens and teamwork and good surviving are the main objective. But with this bug it just feels useless to do anything but make sure I get out. Because the other 3 emblems come naturally if u play efficiently.