REALLY DEVS?  😡  🤬 

Options

Many of you have reported strange hits after the 4.5.0 update. You’re not alone, this is a high priority issue, and our team has identified a potential cause. We are aiming to have the fix ready for the 4.5.2 update.

Its a Joke or? we have to wait until 4.5.2 befor you Fix this? Thy devs, its not a big Problem if you get a Hit from the other Side of the Map "Pretty good Job....."

I play both Surv and Killer and even as Killer sometimes i think "#########"

Comments

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Options

Wait a sec hmmm what was the word ... ahh yes, i mean other Publisher call it "HOTFIX" 😡

This x.0, x.1, x.2 politics are ... good no word what will not be censored ...

If you have so many heavy bugs in your software, you have to do some even its all 3 days a mini fix

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

It's not as easy as just giving it 3 days to fix it. You have to find out what's causing the bug, which often is completely unrelated to the bug. Then you have to work out how to fix the bug while breaking as little as possible while you do. Some things are harder to fix than others.

• IsJustMe
    Options

Yes sure i know its sometimes hard to find a the issues, what i will say with this is, fix problems step by step and dont tell your community "eat or die" we have to wait now until 4.5.2 and iam sure a big part of problems we will still have then. And then? right 4.6.$ because its a new Chapter .... this is not the right way

• IsJustMe
    Options

this i have not written dear

and anyway..... with my "wisdom of programming" like you say i fed my family

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options
  • Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Thankfully now we can all play kyf without losing pips, phew.

Honestly and i say this from the bottom of my heart: i think you can't disappoint me anymore devs

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

This x.0, x.1, x.2 politics are ... good no word what will not be censored

Usually the "x.0, x.1, x.2" are called hotfix, even for other publishers..it's common practice to divide the release version in 3/4 "numbers" which indicate:

Major version (in DBD it is the first number, which right now is 4)

Minor version (the middle number, in this case 5)

Hotfixes and minor adjustments (some companies choose to divide these in 2 different numbers, DBD uses the last number for both)

Pretty standard stuff tbh when it comes to versioning..

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275
    Options

WHAT? 2 patches to fix this huge problem?

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. This should be fixed in 2-3 days max!

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I'm only playing killer until they fix this BS

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 976
    Options

Your suggested mini-fix would be 4.5.1. The third number is literally reserved for hotfixes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

You think ######### as killer? Thats weird. Cause apparently its a desync, which makes the hits look normal on the killer side. Survivors will just land, where they are on the survivors side.

Anyway, do you really want a rushed out patch that might break even more stuff? Because thats what usually happens with rushed patches.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

Some issues take longer to identify the root cause and to implement a fix and we have submission deadlines for these fixes to be implemented and once that has passed we cannot add any more fixes to that patch.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

I've watched some streams from Otz, Monto, and a few other people who play Killer a lot and they've commented about hits they've gotten as Killer that shouldn't have landed. So, it might be more than desync going on.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 718
    Options

This isn't completely related to your post, but the sort of funny-not-funny thing is that my boyfriend and I played the PTB and talked about how weird some of the hits felt, but when I brought it up to other people they said "oh they probably just don't have any hit validation at all in PTBs". I've played other PTBs and never really noticed it being that much different than regular gameplay, but it definitely was very pronounced in this past PTB. I think there was an ImProbzz video where he got hit from pretty far by a Trapper that was exactly what my BF and I experienced while playing. I'll have to see if I can find the exact moment in the video.

Anyways, I just ended up writing it off as some lack of hit validation that was otherwise present in the live version, especially since I didn't end up playing too much of the PTB. Kind of funny to see that it maybe wasn't even just that. And more on topic- I hope the 4.5.2 patch rolls out quickly 🥺 the game is extremely frustrating to play right now but I still want to play!

• CheyeneKL
    Options

I suppose he would be talking especially about the hits where you swing at a pallet, get stunned as the survivor throws it down, but the survivor gets hit anyways AND you end up on the same side of the pallet that they are on. That's a very noticeable "hit that shouldn't be happening" that even a killer would see, regardless of how this seems to be a desync issue.

I myself haven't experienced the "pallet vacuum hit" (or whatever you'd like to call it) while playing as killer (I guess I don't tend to swing through pallets or something?) but I've experienced it as survivor and I've seen gameplay where other killers experience it. My boyfriend and I have been joking that Enduring might be one of the very best perks in the game right now, due to the fact that, theoretically, you could get a pallet vacuum hit, and then knock them a second or two later after ending up on the same side of the pallet as the survivor LOL

I've definitely noticed a lot of killers who know about this issue taking advantage of it while they can, too 😵

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

The only thing that irks me is the fact that because all this was done in one patch they can't roll it back.

I think this should be a lesson to learn. Do not make all these changes happen at once.

I think they need to start separating patches again. Change maps in one. Change killers in one. Change animations in one. Change the UI in one.

Its alot easier to quickly find and identify an issue when there isn't so much changing.

• Tsulan
    Options

The problem with the vacuum hits is, that they hit killers when they shouldn´t. It looks like the pallets have a greater range.

• forthelulz
    forthelulz Member Posts: 306
    edited February 2021
    Options

UGH this game.

• EddventureTime58
    EddventureTime58 Member Posts: 15
    Options

This isn't the first, second, or even third patch they've rolled out which has been riddled with bugs. Their development schedule isn't sustainable and people are getting sick of it.

• CheyeneKL
    Options

Sorry, I'm not completely sure if I understand exactly what you're saying?

When I've gotten the pallet vacuum hits, it's been something like, I'm outside of shack, killer is in shack. He starts lunging from inside shack but I throw the pallet down in time to stun him without taking the hit... normally. But, in this patch, while he DOES get stunned, I get hit anyways, AND he teleports outside of shack where I am standing. This is what I'm talking about as far as something both the survivor and killer can see and say "this happening is very abnormal"

Perhaps you are talking about stunning killers from further away? Oddly enough, I haven't run into many instances of that, despite the fact that I am currently dropping pallets earlier than I usually do in an attempt to counter the current desync issues. It's not what I'm talking about, that's actually a fairly normal occurrence in usual versions of the game if you go against a laggy killer. I just haven't ever really seen the other stuff before.

• Stonuk
    Stonuk Member Posts: 91
    Options

We should all demand fixing this minor bug immediately, I don't give a fudge of ETA, we all paid for this game, it's not Free To Play, as customers, we demand the thing we bought working properly.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,077
    Options

because of cross play, they can't just roll out changes immediately. They need to make sure their patch is accepted on all platforms before they can roll it out.

• Stonuk
    Stonuk Member Posts: 91
    Options

What about they make sure BEFORE ROLLING the actual chapter, and mid-chapter update?

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

I think this should be a lesson to learn

Except they won't.

There's absolutely NO reason at all to change anything in regards to that from their perspective.

Super frustrating but that is not the first and definetely NOT the last messy update they'll release.

• Tsulan
    Options

As said above. There is currently a desync. So the killer hits you, when you are far from him, from your perspective. While you are in normal range from the killers perspective. The pallet hits also work in a desync, where it looks normal from the survivors perspective, but from the killers perspective it looks like getting hit with the pallet from 2 meters away.

• CheyeneKL
    Options

I understand that it is desync issues and that MOST of these hits look completely normal to killers.

Perhaps you don't know exactly which issue I am referencing. Have you experienced it yourself? I myself haven't personally experienced the pallet vacuum hit as killer, but I have witnessed my boyfriend experience it as killer while sitting next to him as he played. It did not look normal at all, and even if it somehow did, it would have been extremely confusing to suddenly be on the other side of the pallet. I'm not sure how a pallet vacuum hit could look normal to ANY killer, considering what you said could not apply. If the killer's perspective shows him getting hit by the pallet from too far away for it to stun, then shouldn't he still be on the same side of the pallet, opposite of the side that the survivor is when he threw it? Instead, some killers are ending up on the same side of the survivor instead of the opposite side, as if the pallet pulled/vacuumed them from the side they originally stood on, all the way to the other side of the pallet. This is not normal and it is visibly abnormal to both killer and survivor.

• Wafflecat
    Wafflecat Member Posts: 20
    Options

Just replying to the '#########' as a killer. I have gotten MANY hits playing killer lately that make me go '#########'. I hit a David after he was already running 5 feet away from a window vault. I hit a Nancy when she was behind me and I swung, and CLEARLY missed.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited February 2021
    Options

Players are complaining while buying skin "event"...So nothing urgent to fix for BHVR

• Tsulan
    Options

Haven´t had any hits like this. But had window hits, where on my side the survivor was just passing and he landed like 3 meters away from the window. So that might have looked weird from the survivors perspective.

I also noticed something like this with SB while playing survivor. Another survivor was blitzing around. But only for a second.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited February 2021
    Options

That doesn't take away the big quota of negligence they committed this time in several aspects. They never ######### it up this much and i hope they learn for once that releasing an untested product will always end like this.. PTB should be a real thing to hear the community and fix stuff, not some early preview of what they are doing.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Options

I'd rather they take an extra week to identify the causes of the issues and fox them rather than half fixing the issues

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Didn't say it takes that away.

Just saying that because they are fixing it on hotfix 2 and not 1 doesn't mean they are postponing it like some people are thinking.

Let's be angry for the right reasons and not the dumb ones

• CheyeneKL
    Options

I've experienced... twice I think? And seen other people experience it as killer and survivor. Really weird issue and I'll be glad to see it go.

• Crussie
    Crussie Member Posts: 28
    Options

Biggest problem isn't them taking way too long to fix everything (which is also a big issue). Problem was them releasing 4.5.0 patch with all the negative feedback they received on it, and releasing it clearly not finished. They broke so many things it's impossible not to think it wasn't completed but they pushed it into the live servers anyway.

I really hope to see an actual useful fix within the next weeks.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

They never [BAD WORD] it up this much and i hope they learn for once that releasing an untested product will always end like this.. PTB should be a real thing to hear the community and fix stuff, not some early preview of what they are doing.

I'm sorry but

They.Don't.Learn

They probably never will,unless they screw it up even more or finally get some real competition.

This wasn't the first messy update they've released and it sure won't be the last one