Even when a match doesn't start you lose a pip

Joined a match, loading screen, someone disconnected while loading, back to lobby, de-pip. Does anyone know how this bug works? For example after I play my next match will it adjust itself back to where it should be following that match? Example I should be rank 5 flat out with no pips. So If I pip next match will I be level 5 + 1pip or if I de-pip level 6 - 1pip where I am now due to d/c or stay where I am if I safety pip yadayadayada or will this pip just be totally lost?

Comments

• DominiqV
    DominiqV Member Posts: 54

just had the same thing happen and put it in the bugs section of the forum... big sad to my rank

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

This happened to me this morning but I also had a match last night where I needed one pip to go up a rank and not only did I go up a rank but I only needed two notches to go up to the next rank I only played one game which means somehow I got three Pips. The whole thing is broken. I've also lost a ridiculous amount of Pips as Survivor.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

So is there any word on them fixing this issue? Only thing I see is how there's some visual glitch that shows us higher rank than we are, but nothing about the missing unbroken emblem or pips that disappear more than the wraith does?

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

I had the exact same thing happening to me yesterday and I lost a pip top. Also, many matches recently I have earned a pip less than it says on the screen. Also absolute 0 on survival when I was the last one standing with no hooks and so on...

I reported it a few days ago and still awaiting response.

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 348

This happened to me this morning too. Extremely irritating.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

When you go back to the search lobby screen you need to check on your rank if you actually lost a pip.

There was (is?) an old visual bug, that would show that you lost a pip in the emblem section on the tally screen if the match is cancelled, but going back to the queue you would notice pips were actually unaffected.

This might've changed with the whole 4.5 mess, but it's worth checking.