Why can't I pick up survivors when someone is healing them while they are on the ground?

Yesterday I had match as a killer. I managed to down a survivor right in front the escape line. There was about 1 meter distance, however I couldn't pick her up because her survivor mate was keep healing her, then she crawled a bit and then again, so I couldn't even initiate the pick up animations. Is this a bug? Or is this intended? If yes why killer pick up isn't prioritised over healing?

Comments

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

It's intended, Survivors need more second chances.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

It's called the heal tech. I guess like killer has priority with the hatch. Survivors get it to heal.

U have to interrupt the action. Like. hitting a survivor sabotaging a hook, why does that stop the action. You should still get to continue sabotaging. But it gets interrupted with the hit. So it goes both ways.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

You know, I've never noticed this because I never look a gift horse in the mouth. Why wouldn't you take the free hit on the person healing the downed Survivor? If they continue healing, hit them again. :) Seriously, I've never tried to pick someone up while someone else was healing them because I've always taken the free shot.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

There is also gen kick, where your action is locked because survivors are working on gen. But some capacity I think there is difference, because when you close the hatch you interact with the hatch not with the survivor. Also when you pick a survivor from the ground you don't interact with other survivors, also the survivor who is on the ground is not doing anything since he can't recover while he is getting healed so he is just laying down. There is no reason why a survivor who is going under heal should be locked.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited February 2021

Only one action can be in progress on a single entity(object) in that moment besides coop actions for survivors.

Example:

Generator cannot be kicked if someone is repairing it.

And/Or

Generator cannot be repaired while it is being kicked.

You must interrupt the other side from doing their action.

That healing thing is fine. It allows survivors to cooperate in order to overcome a problem. It relies on long cd of killer's m1.

Use STBFL to mitigate that issue in the future.

Huntress hatchet has faster cd than base m1.

Etc.

It is one of few things that require some game knowledge (skill) in thwat overly casual game.

• VicThor

Because as I mentioned it was 1 meter away from the escape line. Which means if I hit the healthy survivor the one on the ground will crawl out. There is no point to hit the healthy person in that scenario.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I read that but they can't move while being healed either, so kind of a catch-22 I guess. I would hope that if you hit the healer and immediately tried to pick them up you might get them. I've never had someone in the dying state make it that close to the exit with another person still in the game with them. Weird. I would have thought said person would have been able to intercept and heal someone dying a lot sooner than at the exit line. What were they doing, making that poor sap crawl all the way to them in the gate? "Sorry buddy but I'm not risking my butt; you crawl to me here at the line or you don't get healed." :)

• VicThor

Let me explain again the issue happen right next to the exit gate, right next to the escape line (or whatever it called). If this would happen 30 meters away from the exit gate sure not issue, STBL would have been okay, but in this scenario non of those solution could help. Actually as. I think over we have this issue when you down someone next to window or locker, you have to waste a lot of type to find the position where you can pick up the down survivor.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

He is not locked. The action is because you first must interrupt the healing action which began before you attempted the pickup. As you were on cooldown.

It is BS tho, but only really matters at that exact moment in the gates. Other than that you would just hit the healer and do the pickup.

• VicThor

Well the survivor mate was body blocking, but I managed to hit the injured survivor literally 1 meter before the exit line. So the healthy survivor started and stopped the healing so the survivor could crawl incrementally.I didn't have time to initiate the pick up animation.

• VicThor

I agree on that, but it felt pretty bad that you know I couldn't do anything.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

I know what you meant from the first post.

As I said, they cooped and helped each others to escape, by locking you into m1 cool down, as I said. If they are a bit further from the exit line, you can mitigate it with STBFL or other low cd attacks, so they cannot force you into long cd and crawl away.

In your case consider this a body block for other survivor, because it is just that.

Works just fine. They outplayed you in that case, no shame in admitting it. It is a tactic often used in that situations and you will see it VERY OFTEN when facing SWF.

Nonetheless, as I said, it works like that for years even though it wasn't intended by devs (90% of what happens currently in dbd wasn't intended 4 years ago...).

You just learnt something new and can somewhat anticipate such moves.

If they are so close to the exit trigger zone, consider it a loss if they do it.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

They need more second chances. I'm surprised they haven't done the same with any means necessary

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

While people may think that it is an intentional design choice, the devs probably just ran into 300 awful and hard to fix bugs (most likely resulting in players getting completely stuck) so they simply made actions block other actions on the same object

• AbstractSaucing
    AbstractSaucing Member Posts: 103

Perhaps in that instant there might not be. But if you hit the healthy survivor who is healing the downed one, not only does it pause their action, but it also gives you an opportunity to not only surprise said survivor doing the healing. But it probably would get you a survivor either which way. Be it the one healing or the healer. In specific instances I've had the Healer be surprised in the hit and get in my face only to be downed.

But again, play tactics you're comfortable with, and have fun doing it.