The DCing is getting Bad

Options

Just today I’ve had at least ten matches where someone DCs. That’s not including just dying on the first hook even though I’m right there to pull them off. I don’t know if survivors are just fed up with the latest update or I’m getting a lot of quitting Quintins on me

Comments

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
    Options

I find its usually that if you are a good killer they don't want to play you as they will depip so they dc. Had a guy teabagging me coz he thot he was good coz I was missing hatchet but ended up d ing when I nailed him twice from the other side of map

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Same. I had dc's and first hook suicides nearly every game.

• ArchFox
    ArchFox Member Posts: 205
    Options

I had a game today where all three of my teammates either DC'd or suicided when they saw we were against a Bubba. Feels bad, man

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34
    Options

This friggin' disconnecting by the server when we're playing killer needs to stop. It disconnected me a few hours ago making me lose tons of progress, blood points, xp, addons and my offering when I was close to winning. And just now I decided to try again as killer, and I had my third hooked survivor and was in a chase and got disconnected.

Again the game took my progress, points, addons and offering and even now blocks me from match making even though it's the server's fault.

This game better make up for our time and xp and stuff. 50k consolation prize a day doesn't cut it when it's taking all our progress and stuff from us.

It's a bad server design by the game developers.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I mean, it's not really a great game because of the insane amount of toxicity in the community on both sides.

I can understand why people DC I just don't understand why they don't go play something else.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options
  • Karna5
    edited February 2021
    Options

You're lucky :) My girlfriend has experienced it many times as killer (different city and ISP) since the latest patch last week, and I've experienced it four times. We also both experienced it as survivors (again, different city and ISP) in the same match.

We play Steam. If you're on console maybe the server bug is related to their Steam code? It's just so frustrating.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Had 7 rage quits in a row as spirit today.

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197
    Options
  • swearingtulip28
    swearingtulip28 Member Posts: 35
    Options

Steam went under maintenance today and a lot of people have their game on steam.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I’m a survivor. Not the killer. And most of these DCing are doing it at the start of the match

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Stop running directly into me after unhook when I’m on the other side of the map.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Aren't these just people who are trying to do quests?

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Is there a quest to DC a second into the match or dying on first hook?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Nah, this has been going on for longer. They introduced the DC penalty to prevent that and people switched to hook suicides.

Whenever i play against Freddy, it is almost guaranteed, that someone goes straight for the killer to get downed, hooked and suicides.

Which kinda explains some of the ridiculous kill rates.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Bro just stop running towards me after unhook, go and heal up or do a gen. If you run at me I’m gonna tap dat.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

How can you blame them, im playing only killer for one reason, and i feel bad for who decided to play survivor tbh

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

I keep getting kicked out of matches with Error 8,012 and it's frustrating as hell. How are we supposed to grind the impossible rift xp bar when every match is dropping is anyone's guess.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    edited February 2021
    Options

Honestly, cant blame them. Event Offerings dont work on some Maps (Midwich, Lerys), so you dont even get the BPs from them.

Hits look absolutely horrible, yeah, this should have hit, but it does not make it better at all to basically have to guess if the Killer hits you or not or to predrop every Pallet.

And then, you cant even really pip up due to bugged Emblems.

So as Survivor you have - already small BP-Income compared to Killers (even smaller when Offerings dont work), really unfun games due to horrible Hits and not even any Rank Progress. Yay.

• Minaaa
    Minaaa Member Posts: 60
    Options

Did my first DC when the killer magically showed up on the other side of the pallet.

Too much managing the enormous hit boxes and now the teleportation.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Honestly most people just dont have the right mentality for the game, people take it wayyyyy to serious and I'm not joking people just straight up quit against certain killers whether that's due on first hook or straight up quit, it's even worse if you're a good killer they just cant hack the thought of losing or not doing as well. Every killer is counter able and while some hits are a mess you can drop pallets early and try work around it. I see alot of people mad about the emblem bug but honestly rank means nothing and if they depip every game due to it then they arent doing lots that match. Sorry but alot of survivors act like children, happy to be toxic and fully others but when they dont do so hot then dc and quits. Hopefully devs stop escape attempts on first hook

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm just of the view that if you aren't going to finish your games, why are you starting them in the first place? Do yourself (and the other people you are inconveniencing by being selfish) a favor and find another game. Call me old-fashioned, but if I find myself wanting to quit a game frequently, I clearly am not enjoying it. Why would I continue to do something that I do not enjoy? So, please ask yourself WHY you are getting in the Que if you don't intend to see it through. There are literally thousands of games available at your fingertips. Go play one that you are serious about.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I can kinda see both sides of the argument. At least with how broken the game is atm. I have died on first hook a few times due to broken spawn points. Had a few matches where I didn’t even have time to move at the start of the match and the killer was already on me and hit me. With a start like that I honestly didn’t want to finish anymore.

• Moundshroud
    Options

And I'm not making a moral judgement on people feeling like they want to quit matches. I'm just saying if that is the case, said people should considering quitting the game. It sounds like it would be win/win for everyone if they did? There are people who are not that unhappy with the game and still having fun playing it. They are sabotaged by people who are NOT having fun and quitting matches and thus sabotaging everyone else.

Some things I see in black and white. If one isn't having fun, don't play the game. If one chooses to play knowing the rules (and the issues currently ongoing) they ethically should finish the match. It is bad sportsmanship to do otherwise. We cannot control problems external to ourselves, but we can take pride in our personal brand and control those things which are internal.

Thus, if I start a game, I'm going to finish it (whether I'm having fun or not). If I find I'm not having fun on a regular basis, I take a break from the game. I mean really, if people are that unhappy with Dead by Daylight currently, it makes more sense to take a break and play something else until whatever issues are bothering them are resolved.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I would take a break from it till the issues were fixed but they are doing the rift and lunar event during all these issues. And since this is my first rift event I want to win everything so I can have cool stuff when the game is better. I’m guessing a lot of people are doing the same. Trying to grit and bear with it till either the event is over or the issues.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Also need to understand that maybe they don’t have any other games to play atm. With the pandemic and most people losing their jobs maybe DBD is the only game they can afford right now.

• Moundshroud
    edited February 2021
    Options

Ok? That is a fair point, but it doesn't alter the fact that disconnecting does a disservice to everyone involved. It is bad sportsmanship and it only creates a negative feedback loop. Look, I don't enjoy every match I play; no one does. I stick them out because doing so ensures that someone else in that match who MIGHT be having fun doesn't get cheated. I do it because I hope that someone else will do the same for me sometime. This is the game. This is the state of the game right now. You have to decide if getting in the Que is worth it. If not, get the hell out of that Que. If you stay in, you need to finish your match. Play them all to the end, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

And as to something else one can do during this Pandemic, I can strongly suggest audio books on Youtube. They are free. All the wonders of great literature and none of the eye strain. You can even do housework while you listen. I'm not being snide or sarcastic here. I'm pointing out that if someone has internet to play Dead by Daylight, they have internet to access entire WORLDS of wonderful things. People forget that there are books and audio books online a'plenty. There are free games in the hundreds (if not thousands). There are more shows and movies (free) than one could watch in a lifetime at any given time. I'm not being mean, but I don't think your argument holds that much water. If you want to play Dead by Daylight, you accept the good with the bad and you finish your matches. If you don't want to play, don't play.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I can see your point on it but I guess I can’t see this issue as fully black and white. What if the killer or a survivor is a hacker? Should you still not DC cause of the others? I’m sure never DCing is not the only option. Just saying it’s not black and white.

• Moundshroud
    edited February 2021
    Options

Correct; you should not DC. If you aren't already recording, you need to turn it on and finish the match and do your best to get the hacker on screen doing things which are evidence. Then you report at the end of the game and submit the video through channels. That is how we get rid of hackers. We can agree to disagree whether this is a black and white issue. Me, I'm not going to disconnect on purpose. The only time you will ever see "Mr. Moundshroud" disconnect from a game is because Spectrum failed me and my internet went down. I live in Maine, the Northeast of the US, and during the winter we can lose power or internet now and then. Otherwise, I don't care how awful the game is because I take pride in myself and I'm not going to be roll over or go stand in a corner. I'm going to go down fighting; RAGE against the dying of the light!

Come to think of it I think Mr. Dylan Thomas should be quoted in full:

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Ya lots of dc'ing teamates I even got a yui to dc. My favorite survivor perk is resilience so after my first run in with the killer I like to 99 my health to repair, heal, or sabo faster other wise I'm just wasting a perk slot. So I bring a med kit most games to do this. Well a yui insisted on healing me and I stopped her and quick healed her to show that I had the perk. She followed me and watched me use me med kit all the way to 99 and rolled her head at me. Then continued following me and came up behind me and tap heal me. I was beyond fukin pissed. Like you stupid fukin ok then we go to a gen and whole behold killer comes right before we finish wow if we had that 9% gen complete. Killer downs her I run up to hook and booty dance in her face fer about 10 secs and d king rescues she dc's. I have tried to let teamates heal me to 99 or close but it backfires in solo play a skill check pops up for them every time I try to stop them and the killer comes. So med kit best way it seperates us and its not like I'm self caring.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Yesterday I had 3 survivor matches in a row where the Killer DC'd. The last one it was because of lag (confirmed in chat) but the rest were rage quits after 2-3 gens popped.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I had a DCing Legion once. He was doing pretty good. Had a few people about to be on Death Hook. Then I popped his hex totem and he immediately DCd

• Ranger_939
    Ranger_939 Member Posts: 17
    Options

I DC if the killer is toxic. There's way too many toxic killers out there now especially with the giant hotboxes they've had. And they just tunnel now cause thats the only way some killers can get a 4k. They just shake there heads thinking they're good and get salty when you keep pallet stunning them. I'm not saying all killers are like this but there's just way too many out there right now that are.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

Yeah I’ve had a lot of head shakers recently. Honestly I can’t tell if they are being toxic or what

• Karna5
    Options

Exactly! And because you're also losing your addons and offerings each time that happens, you not only lose the XP from the current match but the XP you spent in previous matches buying that stuff :( I wish they'd fix their servers :(

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I’ve played killer recently and haven’t encountered this thankfully.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Ohh the irony the ignorant claiming others are ignorant one

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

did you submit a ticket regarding this? the dc penalty is set for any dc because that is the easiest way to catch those more adept with their pc as well as the out of match button ones. I'm sorry you were beset by this but if you do not inform them of the issue you, yourself experienced they can't even address it. Ticket system is best but you can use the bug forum here as well.

I agree with you, except to clarify your statement of "If one chooses to play knowing the rules (and the issues currently ongoing) they ethically should finish the match." I would add in the following "with in match functionality" after the word match. the reason I offer this is in the game you make many choices, one of which can be to try to get off the hook and another is to struggle or not to struggle.

if you get completion of objectives and dc you loose that for most challenges

• Freki
    Options

it is Black and White. if it is against the rules do not do it. and disconnecting IS against the rules of the game. what most people feel are hacks in general are either a bug that happened, or something else. I was once told that I used wall hacks because I found them every time. thing is I had bbq AND nurses on my huntress at the time. Ofcourse I can see where you are! I pointed this out they flat out denied that and kept accusing me, I told them to REPORT me for this and submit their evidence. Fact is I got damn lucky on a couple hatchet throws, and they were one of those that feels healing is not needed. the worst I've done is changed my killer and survivor portraits, the item and add on's as well as perks icons. beyond that I don't use anything outside of that.

So honestly if there is some cheating, get proof of it and then submit a ticket with said proof. (do not name drop/shame here on the forums) also do not DC consider this, if you don't want to continue let the killer hook you once and then be done with it using in match functionality as you can choose to try to escape the hook, and you can choose not to struggle.

• Freki
    Options

sure break the rules because you don't like something that is within the rules. enjoy your timeouts, I feel no sympathy for you.

I'll say this: you can not see what perk you are using, a medkit already makes the heal bar gold, there is nothing that pops up on the other screen that says oh they are using resilience. so when you "showed" them you healed intentionally to 99, they probably thought your kit ran out! guess what... you got mad at the wrong person. think about this: people say "self-care is crap, it's a waste of a perk slot" and other such things. guess what.... that person has taken it to heart and wanted to be a good teammate and heal you like they are supposed to do. If you want clear communication use discord and only swf with a four stack, otherwise you get people that want to heal and do not understand that the down talk about self-care is crap and what not.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Ironically the only person I've had dc was a toxic multi-thousand hour OoO bully squad. Funny they can give it out but can't take it in return. Often it's the players with the biggest egos that are the most entitled.

Besides that nobody has disconnected against me.

• chargernick85
    Options

First off I was healing myself with the med kit not my the yui. I healed the yui regular as I need the med kit for my own 99. Also no need to justify anything to you she kept following me around like a puppy to finish my heal me stopping at the end should have been obviious why would I heal for so long then say oh can can tap my butt real quick for 1 second. really bro?? get out

• Freki
    Options

still they DO NOT know you are not using the kit or not. it just says you are healing them. so they see gold on the bar and you had a med kit, the assumption would be the med kit is being used.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

if pallets dont drop when im literally spamming space then id dc too.

• chargernick85
    Options

Your still missing the point of me stopping them from healing me to heal them, then running away from them, healing myself but staying injured after the heal, heading to a gen, how many clues do you need???? She tapped me anyway. let me guess you would have followed and tapped after all those signs?

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I’ve noticed that issue as well. I sometimes get super laggy in chases with certain killers. Like for some reason if Leatherface is chasing me and I try to drop a pallet on him it lags and I don’t drop it and instead Bubba drops me. I haven’t really experienced that with another killer.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

funny people say if you going to quit and ######### on first hook don't play and play something else you know what a lot have it why this game losing more players then gaining.

I don't see this game lasting much longer.

I don't DC anymore but I'll kill my self something messed up happen and they a lot of messed up people who play this game.

I also don't play much I play off and on but right now playing others games but thing in the game turning me off and use to be fun oh well.