How do you reset DC bans?

Options
stvnhthr
stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

I never disconnect, never, even with cheaters and lag I just gut it out and figure the next game will be better.

Recently I've been getting DC penalties every time I play. I have checked my computer and my internet and the problem is not on my end, somewhere there is a major problem and this is effecting many players. Good players who just want to sign on and play and not get banned and penalized for playing this game.

So I played one game fine today, next game I get disconnected out of the blue. I think the killer is dcing and the penalty somehow is being given to the survivors instead.

So broke.

My question is how do you get the bans to go down or away? Is it a day? a week? What does it take to get back down to a 5 minute penalty?

Right now I am sitting on a 24 hour penalty. 24 HOURS. Yesterday I got a 12 hour ban. This is insane.

I can't just play more games, because I am penalized. Every two or three games I'm getting dropped.

I have high speed internet and I never lose connection. I have a great new computer. I have not modded or hacked my game.

How do I get rid of these ridiculously long penalties? What makes the duration go down?

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I think they have their own cooldown but they've never went into depth on how they work so people dont pick and choose when and how many times they dc.

• stvnhthr
    Options

Could a Mod shed some light on this? How does the cooldown work? I think you can see the problem with increasing the time for each progressive DC. It is great if someone is actually dcing, punish those fools, but for those who do not dc this seems like an unwinnable situation. The more I play the more chance I will get kicked off until Behavior fixes this, so the more I play the more I am penalized.

• stvnhthr
    Options

Have done, as have many others. It does no good to report it because you get no response.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I recommend taking a week or two break from the game before coming back to it. That should reset it.

• Ribbles
    Ribbles Member Posts: 115
    Options

Pretty sure they completely reset after 48hrs without a DC

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Is it only dbd or other games as well?

Otherwise just have to make secondary account and play from scratch.

Eventually u'll be juggling 2 accounts which is better than getting banned on 1 account and be unable to play.

VPN in and make account in foreign server.

• stvnhthr
    Options

I will try this. I will also look for a better game to play and give my time and money to a better game studio who cares about their customers.

• stvnhthr
    edited January 2021
    Options

It only effects DBD on PC. Other games and apps work fine. We have 3 computers and the other ones never have this problem, but they also are work machines without graphic cards for gaming.

I have it on PS4, but it runs way better on the PC. The Playstation seems to run slower with less fps and it has greater lag issues.

• stvnhthr
    Options

So after 5 games over two days I had no DC errors. Today with 72 hours between last DC error I got another killer who DC'd and I again got the matchmaking ban, it went down to 1/2 hour from 24 hours, it only took 3 days. This is still a major problem and a huge game annoyance. Still getting DC penalties for someone else's actions. Please fix and respond.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

They said they have never released the actual reset time.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

So it's only one PC that's having this issue? Am I reading that correctly? If this is the case it could be a Hard drive starting to go bad or another mechanical issue with your PC. If it's on all the PC it could be that you are running the game settings too high for your pc to handle , try putting it on low instead of ultra and check the auto adjust for the resolution and then let me know how it works

• stvnhthr
    Options

We have one computer for games, the others never have games played on them, they could not handle the graphics. So it effects 100% of the computers which are used for dbd. The other computers are online and never lose connection.

I do a lot of photo and video editing, I would know if it was a pc problem. I play the game at lowest settings already.

• stvnhthr
    Options

So we know it is more than 3 days at this point. Anyone else have any experience with how long it took to reset?

• stvnhthr
    Options

So this seems like it is a real bug. Thanks for taking it seriously. And thanks to all who tried to help, we now know for certain this is not something the players can control. Perhaps it is time to rethink removing DC bans until you can figure this out?

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Dc bans aren't going anywhere, they are a deterrent to prevent people from quitting out of matches, ruining the experience for other people.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

It do reset anyway. I never get more than 5 minutes ban, and I had several disconnets for different reasons. Not in one day obviously. But I believe I had disconect once on next day after previous one, so it's probably 24 hours to reset.

• Karna5
    Karna5 Member Posts: 34
    Options

I've been having this problem since last week's patch as well. My girlfriend, who uses a different PC and usually plays from a different city and ISP, has been getting it a lot since the last patch as well.

She played hundreds of hours before the patch without disconnects and now gets a few a day. I played around 80 hours before the patch without DCs and now have had half a dozen. I'd have more but I mostly stopped playing out of frustration for losing all the work, points, addons and offerings.

I've got around 5000 hours of Black Desert Online without disconnects (ten hours today and a nearly few hours a day every day for nearly a year). I've also got hundreds of hours of Red Dead Online without disconnects and a few thousand hours of Grand Theft Auto Online without disconnects.

Every single day I play BDO, RDO and GTAO without issue. Only DbD has this problem, and only since last week's patch.

My girlfriend and I play on Steam, but I also play BDO, RDO and GTAO through Steam. So again, the issue is DbD.

• stvnhthr
    Options

The random dcs are back. Time for a new fix please.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244
    Options

They say "don't disconnect for x amount of time" or "x amount of days".

But what really works is

Don't play for a few days.

• stvnhthr
    Options

Second game of the day and killer DC's and I get 1/2 hour ban. Someone is asleep at the wheel.

• stvnhthr
    Options

To put it in perspective, I have dc'ed maybe three times in three years. I have received probably 60-70 time bans for dcing. So the DC ban is effective maybe around 1.7 percent of the time and is broken over 98% of the time. I'm not a programmer, but I can tell you if something does not work over 98% of the time then it is broke and the wrong solution to a problem. Seriously 98% fail rate should never make it out of beta testing.

This discussion has been closed.