Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

We're gonna live forever tokens

Heathxr
Heathxr Member Posts: 11

In my opinion, it's really difficult to get we're gonna live forever tokens to 4 and complete other objectives at the same time. I thought about that you get tokens when you:

-heal someone

-be chased by the hunter for x seconds/minute

-repair a generator

Because doing all of them will result in your teammates having less pressure to do stuff. And if you think about it, BBQ also requires to play the game 100% normally and still get all the tokens all the time. But with we're gonna live forever you do have to sacrifice some time to get the tokens. What's your opinion?

We're gonna live forever tokens 21 votes

Yes, wglf needs a buff
23%
TapeKnotDimekMadLordJackRK67Heathxr 5 votes
No, wglf is fine as it is
47%
musstang62PlantCollectorAwkward_FiendcynicalAzxx93ZestyBasementDwellerKarao_KeHex_Salt[Deleted User] 10 votes
It needs different changes (write them if you want)
28%
GibberishAdelooMattie_MayhemOGHappstaThicc_Boi_MyersNoOneKnowsNova 6 votes

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

In my opinion, I think WGLF is a really good perk & shouldn't be changed much given the fact that it isn't as hard as you think to get tokens.

You mainly need to prioritize saving people off of hook unless you're running a super-altruistic build (MoM/Breakout + Flashlight/Sabo-toolbox) in which you just need to take a protection hit or 2. Unless you deliberately ignore somebody for a gen, it should come as general gameplay to atleast have 2 tokens by the time the game ends, assuming the killer wasn't bad & hooked everybody a decent amount of times.

If I had to change something, I personally would make it to where you could have 6 tokens. 4 seems way too low imo for how fast you can earn them & eventually just feels like a waste of a perk slot unless the killer is slugging (fast heal speeds).

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Yes, wglf needs a buff

Well, there's the problem. You need to play differently than normal to get your tokens. Imagine this situation: You are on one side of the map repairing a generator and your teammates and the killer are on the other side of the map. A survivor gets downed and hooked, and now if you want to get your stacks you'll have to make the objectively bad decision of running to the other side of the map, leaving your generator unfinished. Any of your teammates could've easily gotten the unhook on the other side of the map while you finish your generator, but WGLF makes you play stupidly if you want to get stacks.

• Karao_Ke

Well, I'd like to believe that that's the point. WGLF sometimes has a risk-win reward & that's why it'll give you stacks, because you're working for it. It's not going to just give you tokens for ordinary gameplay, but rather going out of your way to earn it.

Plus, I'd like to argue that going for an unhook across the map for WGLF isn't going to happen most of the time. Unless your teammates are immersed & useless, they'll get the unhook before you're even halfway there. There is no doubt in my mind that you'll get your chance later in the game.

• Heathxr
    Heathxr Member Posts: 11
    Yes, wglf needs a buff

Yea but the thing is that Barbecue & Chilli does require ordinary gameplay. You'll get 4 tokens most of the time without changing a little bit of gameplay. Not to mention that killers get most points regardless if BBQ is equiped or not. And I think the 100% healing speed bonus also can't compete with the aura vision that BBQ has.

• Karao_Ke

BBQ & Chili requires you to hook people while WGLF requires you to unhook people. It's simple actions that make you earn the tokens. If anything, WGLF is better in this aspect since you can earn tokens from more than just unhooking.

• Happsta
    Happsta Member Posts: 79
    edited February 2021
    It needs different changes (write them if you want)

I think an easy solution is to make picking up from dying state also gives a token also giving a 3-second haste after completing protection hit with exhaustion. It makes it so it's less of a risk to play altruistic, but it rewards you for healing and resetting exhaustion(by doing something productive like gens hopefully) and not dive-bombing hooks while injured or farming your teammates.

• cynical
    cynical Member Posts: 19

In my opinion the buff they gave it recently (bonus healing speed on a survivor in the dying state) is enough of a buff. I ran it before the buff too and now even more. It just rewards one kind of a game style more than others that you have other perks for (Prove Thyself, any chase/exhaustion perk etc.)