Do we really need new Survivors for the next couple chapters?

Options
Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055

We currently have 24 Survivors, and 22 Killers. I personally think we could go 2 chapters without any new Survivors/Survivor perks, just to even things out.

It would also give the devs more time to work on more pressing stuff, like fixing/reworking existing content. (Plus it would give some relief from the constant grind for kitting out Survivors.)

Do we really need new Survivors for the next couple chapters? 74 votes

No, I want the devs to focus on fixing/reworking existing content.
55% 41 votes
No, for other reasons
6% 5 votes
Yes, we should get new Survivors every chapter.
37% 28 votes

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

I agree to an extent, but I think we can go without new Survivors for a little while. Just new Killers is fine. You cant really just not have new Killers because they are the meat and potatoes of the game's content, unlike Survivors who are largely just skins.

Having just one less thing to work on would help a lot I think, even if its only for 2 chapters.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I don't mind either way.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The Devs working on survivors are not the ones working on bug fixing. There's no real reason to suddenly stop making them because those resources can't really be allocated somewhere else.

• Tayte
    Tayte Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2021
    Options

People have varied opinions, but I really like having and leveling up new survivors. It gives me something to do. I have most at full prestige as it is. Without new lore, characters and things to keep me going. I'm not sure I would play as much.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227
    Options

I agree, it's too much.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,961
    Options

This thread has got to be a joke.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Survivor perks in the new chapters always get the reception of being OP only to find out no one is using it because its actually extremely niche.

I wouldnt mind if there wasnt a survivor, but there's never an issue with having new survivor perks.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Options

But...

BHVR is a business and new survivors = new perks = Interest.

I'd like them to fix existing problems but they'll still release new chapters etc because it keeps people interested and makes money.

This is just a realistic point of view

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    Options

The only reason why i would want survivors is for the Lore

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

While i want some of the bugs and issues fixed, it's two different teams : Technical Bugs/Developping Team and Creative Team.

So both can be done. Also 2 more survivors isn't that much and it's only because Base game came with 4 against 3 killers and Stranger Things DLC with 2 instead of 1. We still got the same amount of solo licensed DLC ( Ash + Bill vs Bubba + GF )

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,491
    Options

No survivor would not automatically mean more resources/people on bug fixing etc. they should improve in that area, but not on the expense of already established stuff.

there was a chapter without a new survivor: Ghostface. General outcome of it was that many people didn’t play survivor at all after the release and the devs said something along the lines they wouldnt do such a one sided chapter again.

but i would be okay if they added other stuff on the survivor side instead of new char with perks: new items, new second objective for survivor side that’s not only there to make killer side less frustrating but actually improves the survivor experience.

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130
    Options

a chapter with two killers would be awesome