Anyone notice increasing toxicity?

So I understand 2020 has been a tough year for everyone, and this year hasn't been particularly kind yet either. But has anyone experienced increasing toxicity in your games? I mean survivors out to sabotage one another kind of toxicity.

I've had 3 games now in 2 days, where the survivors deliberately sabotaged the team. The first was when the game just loaded in 2 Bills (in a swf I presume) proceed to jump in lockers and fast vault IMMEDIATELY knowing we all spawned together.

The second game, a Claudette who was left to struggle on first hook proceeded to throw every single pallet on the map after she got saved, and then went in and out a locker the rest of the match.

The last and most egregious one, a David ran away everytime I approached the generator he was working on. The first time I think it was because the killer(Myers) was trying to stalk me and I ran toward his direction. I didn't know he was looking in my direction because I wasn't running spine chill, but the David ran immediately. After that, he threw every single pallet I was running toward, and jumped into a locker to alert the killer if I got on a generator with him. I nearly got sacrificed because he threw shack pallet in my face before I reached it and the Myers downed me. But the Myers was so shocked by that(thank God) he didn't hook me. He actually went looking for the person who did that. In the end he couldn't identify which was the toxic survivor so he hooked me and thanks to my other teammates I still managed to escape. (Pretty sure the Myers would have killed me if he wanted to, but he was trying to lure out the toxic survivor. Thanks for that whoever you are.)

Prior to this, I rarely if ever see this kind of toxicity. DCs or suicides on hook I see very rarely but they happen. But this kind of toxicity I have never encountered(in this game at least), not to mention this often. (For context I bought and started playing this game 4 months ago)

I understand the game state is not at its best right now, and most everyone is having a tough time. But if anyone is having trouble, I hope you reach out and ask for help or talk to someone. Don't take it out on other people in a video game. It doesn't help anyone.

To the Myers and other killers who are mindful of other people's fun and survivors who help each other and don't bully the killer, thank you. Thank you for being decent, and continuing to be decent to one another. I really appreciate it.

To all the rest, hope you have a good 2021!

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I've definitely noticed an increase in toxicity on the survivor side, if it be something as small as tbagging after the killer had a bad game or body blocking teammates/teaming with the killer. However there have been many nicer players too, although this could be because there's now a clearer distinction between throwing players and nice players just not on their A game.

• halfmanhalfape
    halfmanhalfape Member Posts: 153

Ah yeah that is true. Most of my teammates have been nice. I had some really nice teammates on my subsequent games too. It was just really shocking to see someone go out of their way to sabotage their team. Like something must be going wrong in their life for them to take it out in a video game.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I didn't noticed anything. Some games good, some bad, classic.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited February 2021

Both sides are toxic. And it was like that since forever. I see a lot of toxic killers and survivors in my games.

Post edited by Shaped on
  • halfmanhalfape

Mm good to know. Thanks for replying.

Yeah. I don’t see a lot of toxicity generally. I’m sure both sides are toxic and I’ve seen some toxicity for sure but man these were so unprovoked. I see tunneling killers and tbagging survivors but I don’t really necessarily consider that toxic. The killers just want to win and the survivors are trying to provoke me to chase them. Sometimes survivors tbag at exit gates (when I play killer) but I can still understand because I happen to be playing hag or they felt I didn’t spread enough aggro. But this was such an overreaction.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

I have noticed survivors body blocking me a bit recently while I’m being chased. It might be out of selfishness ie. I don’t need it, but I want the pallet/window, or it might be just be carelessness.

• halfmanhalfape

Yeah I’ve had that experience too now that you mention it. Again not often, just that once, I heard the terror radius but didn’t know where the killer was and was waiting in a jungle gym. When I heard it get closer I vaulted the window. A Nea came running by aiming for the same window. Apparently she was being chased and I took the window. She got the pallet but she still bodyblocked me right after the vault, very aggressively. I was like, “what is she doing!?” Of course I assumed first of all that it might have just been an accident, but she then killed herself on first hook so I’m pretty sure she was pissed.

But that I can still understand, even though it’s abit of an overreaction. People seem really touchy recently is all.

• halfmanhalfape

Another 2 games in a row where people just dc-ed before first gen! Alright I guess people are just not feeling it. I’ll give DbD a break today and go for a walk or something. Hope people start to feel better.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

As a killer, I've been trying more to be more fair to survivors. Not tunneling/minimal camping, etc. Even the last survivor I may give hatch too if they don't wiggle. But if they wiggle they go on hook lol

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

They have no self-control and apathy for the feelings of the other.

The game is not good for them because they can't take it.

Valorant for example is the most annoying game i ever played, Dead by daylight will never be similar to that game because the defeat is not bitter and the game itself is not that hard. but for other people the defeat is the same and not acceptable.

Multiplayer games is not for everyone.

-

Sometimes I'm trying to cheer up players in the chat even if they are grumpy.

When I see nice players in the chat it warms my heart.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

There's certain people out there who don't realize that the person your playing against probably has been through some stuff, making it even worse on them is wrong. Devs are finally making a chat filter for DBD where toxicity will be blocked out, it's a nice good step for dealing with toxicity but people on console still have to worry about sad acts filling their dm's up with gg ez comments.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,797

On the forum? Maybe :P In the game? No, actually.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited February 2021

I just disabled my messages. And I can't even watch anything dbd related because everyone is toxic. Whenever I try I just get annoyed how disrespectful people are to others. It is insane.

• ClownIsUnderrated

I don't watch a whole lot of DBD streamers, because I don't have time to watch every single thing from every DBD content creator. The only people I watch for DBD content these days are Otz, Bronx, and Umbra. Console DBD streamers are way more toxic than PC streamers imo.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'm blaming the increase in toxicity on the current state of the game.

Survivors getting hit out of nowhere make it seem hopeless to survive so they seem to try and make their own fun by sabotaging their teammates.

Killers know about the desync issue and a lot are taking advantage of it for easy games and playing extra campy/tunnely knowing theres not much that can be done about it.

Hopefully things will calm a bit once the major bugs are fixed but the longer it continues the harder it will be to break players from bad behaviours...

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Absolutely!

I had one game where a Dwight started running in and out of one locker next to another survivor doing a gen. The killer went to them and the other surv hid in a locker. Dwight pointed at the locker to tell the killer where the other one was hiding and got downed and bled to death while crawling around following the rest of us to tell the killer in which fire tion we were.

- Killers DC'ing if they saw red envelopes and all survs getting - 1

- Survivors running around doing nothing and just vaulting around others with gens to alert the killer

-Being left to die on first hook because no one came to unhook

- Another one where three survivors where just crouching in the school patio between 2 pallets and stayed there the entire game.

And so many more.

I was talking to friends yesterday saying I think some killers are taking advantage of the current situation and being nasty as hell. I mean, why play if you don't get any more than 10,000 blood points and the match lasts 3 minutes? Unless you just play to screw people up...

I did a build explicitly for this type of killer and still get ratted by another survivor, that's just not on.

I found two I believe were SWF in another game, both with keys that did nothing and waited for the other two to get 2 gens done so they could look for the hatch. One got hooked and taken to the basement, DC'd on first hook so they other one ran towards the killer to get sacrificed too.

• Idontknowtbh

I've been 5-bagged by fellow survivors while on hook!

I was doing a gen at cold wind, minding my own business, a survivor runs to the gen, makes it explode and I went away to hide, the killer comes, this idiot who knows where I am, starts running with the killer behind to take them to me, I get downed, hooked and this evil player comes to t-bag me instead of unhooking me.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843
    edited February 2021

I’ve seen an uptick in toxic killers. Most cite DS changing as to why they are being toxic.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

I normally don’t stick around pgc but someone said the hitting on hook was not necessary and they said they were being toxic because ds was being nerfed.

• Idontknowtbh

And that has been only this last week. Not even, since the update.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

yeah but increasing toxicity in dbd is basically this picture

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I agree, especially the console streamers with a bigger following.

• ClownIsUnderrated

I know of a certain Huntress main on console who's pretty toxic, people who play on console probably know who I'm referring to.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Actually I've been seeing nicer players even when I have bad games they aren't rude or anything, I do get the ocasional (tunneler, pos, camper, baby killer etc) but recently since the new animations I've seen less and less rude players.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I feel like I know who you're talking about, but I don't at the same time.

• TimeOutTimmy
    TimeOutTimmy Member Posts: 135

I have never experienced so many console killers gg ez messages as I have since the last update. Thankfully there is a block function... I don't engage with them.

Last night was a "Get in your place you peasant"... as he camped the hook for his only kill. I was actually in a SWF and was laughing because my plan was to suicide once they got exit gates open. There was never any plan for a save.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

its normal at low ranks. people de rank on purpose cuz higher ranks are "too hard for them" and they want to assert their dominance over players who dont even have 50 playtime hours cuz its the closest they will ever get to feeling power in their lives.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Yeah, the community will never change but I do enjoy most of the matches I play in. I play solo. Had a match last night where the match was going OK and we were down to one gen left against the Huntress. Lisa Garland got tunneled instantly off hook earlier in the match but I still proceeded to help her after getting her off hook the second time. I helped others and helped do gens as normal.

At 1 gen left, she was the other teammate alive. I think we were in a 3-gen situation on Ormand. I moved away from the gen I was working on because the Huntress came nearby along with Lisa Garland. She ratted me out to the Killer for whatever reason and I ended up dying because she worked with the Killer at the end.

If you're reading this Lisa Garland player, [BAD WORD] and I hope you get yours soon. And [BAD WORD] to the Huntress for allowing that to happen. Toxic [BAD WORD] community!

• trick
    trick Member Posts: 159
    edited February 2021

might be due to the fact there being no real skill in playing xD when if you run a good chase u will get hitboxed, and if u play strategic killer they will do 5 gens in 5 minutes xD

• Idontknowtbh

I had a he playing solo with what I think were SWF and the killer was tunneling me hard so they all proceeded to tank and avoid me getting hooked. It was very nice as I felt helpless against a leather face.

A couple of days later where I was SWF with two friends and a hillbilly decided to tunnel a Dwight playing solo. He was really good too, we had time to do three gens by the time he got first downed but the killer camped him as well and we felt bad that he wasn't going to get any points so we all three went to save him, tanked a couple of hits and got him to safety so he could farm some points. We were trying to communicate with the killer too trying to hook us so he could also get points but he must have been pissed and was having none of it and just downed two of us. We recovered and finished the gens and all four escaped.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I had a match last week where this Claudette led the killer right to my location every time and repeatedly unhooked me just so the killer could get his 3k and the Claudette could get the hatch. Teabagging thinking she was cool and powerful behind that screen.

Talk about small dick energy 🤧