Hex : Third seal

Options

Is this perk useless ?? Seriously it still shows survivors where your hooking a survivor for hex its pretty crap, i would like buff so those effected by third seal don't get notification where a survivor is hooked it feels pointless using this perk unless your slagging i guess.

Most time survivors will still find them with ease

Comments

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

It can be crippling for solo yes it gives hook aura but it doesn't stay so they have to see it and remember it, also they do not see downed survivors so good luck if your the last standing and 3 slugged finding one. Had this happen last night against a pig got lucky and ran into a fellow survivor thank god but couldn't see any of them. Third seal can be broke tho. It can be really good with rbt, freddys snares, or other add-ons that are easier to get on everyone and dont go away with a hex break.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    Options

I did have one game where most team went to 2nd state because they couldn't find them it was pretty good, that was one in blue moon tho rest games i had after that it felt like i wasn't even running it lol

Starting wondering if just slugging was better option since when u down someone they don't see aura and unlike knockout u can't find them even if u get close.

I was just trying random perks n builds out seem pretty fun at 1st

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

It is a very slug heavy perk yes

Its specifically good on Spirit and Blight but its a pretty versatile perk for alot of things

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    Options

Yh i was running it with undying lol it never got cleansed thanks to that which pretty good i would say i do like that it can be used on alot killers n fit in with alot things

• Pop_Goes_The_Gen
    Pop_Goes_The_Gen Member Posts: 37
    Options

I feel like this perk isn't as bad as most people say. Its good if you can blind the whole team making teamwork much harder. This also counters tons of survivor perks such as Empathy, Kindred, Object of Obsession, Alert, Dark sense, Detectives hunch, Deja vu, Better Together, Visionary, etc. Great for scrambling and disabling a bunch of helpful solo player perks and their minuscule teamwork. Even though it shows hook notification it still doesn't last nor does it show distance. Can be helpful against solos but isn't nearly as effective against syf

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

It's mostly used to deny the slugs aura rather then the hook aura.

Also pretty funny with trail of torment as they can't see the aura of the gen.

Also also if you use hexes it can stop the detective hunchers and/or map readers.

Overal it is a pretty niche perk though.

Fun to meme with. Not for serious matches

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,104
    Options

It's got the same problem as most niche perks have; in the right situation it's Godly but that doesn't happen often.

Against SWF, it's useless as they can just talk. As a Hex, it can easily be broken (and if I'm going to use a Hex perk, there are much stronger ones). If I'm in the situation where I've got multiple people slugged against a team of solos (the few situations this perk shines), I am in such control of the game that it's unlikely I even need the perk to finish the team off.

Granted, I've never really tried out the perk so maybe it has uses beyond what I have listed but the perk just seems like a lot needs to go your way for it to be useful.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

It's useless against swf and against solo's it's ONLY deadly when the killer is mass slugging.

I think the perk needs an extra effect on hit i think it also applying oblivious with basic attacks for a short duration say 20-30 seconds would make this perk a lot better.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

It's useless vs swf. But overall the perk is just boring and it's a hex.

• Nossy
    Nossy Member Posts: 118
    Options

Should apply blind effect for 60s max on M1 hit and not being an Hex.

If they keep it as an hex, it should have another effect (like seing aura of third sealed surv from 8m or being really blind (black screen) 1s every 15-30s till totem is cleansed.

Hex are suppose to be powerful since they can be taken away for you.

Blood favor also need that kind of change.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I use it on Hag and regularly have games where people go to 2nd stage before the rescue thanks to it. It's another way for me to apply pressure with her without trapping hooks.

It can be incredibly situational though and some games it doesn't last more than a couple hooks but it almost always buys some time for me.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

It´s a Hex perk. So... yes, it´s useless.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

It's strong against solo queue if they can't find the totem reasonably quickly.

It's alright against SWF if they can't find the totem reasonably quickly.

It's weak against anyone if they can find the totem reasonably quickly.

• notstarboard
    Options

It's certainly not useless, even if they're paying attention. So long as the totem is up you get a Knockout style effect on slugs, you can counter OoO, etc. If they're not playing close attention and aren't experienced and precise with their callouts, you can even be delayed enough in finding people on the hook that they end up reaching the next hook state. Still, it's definitely way better against solos.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

The only time I've ever gotten great value out of Third Seal is when I do a scratched mirror Myers game. Third Seal + jumpscare Myers on Lery's is pretty devastating tbh. Thrown on sloppy butcher and you're good to go.

• HellDescent
    Options

You can literally tell a person where you if you are slugged or hooked. Once they get in the general vicinity of landmark or part of the map they'll be able to spot/hear you. So it's a waste of a perk slot vs swf. Midwich and leerys are the only maps where they might struggle.

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021
    Options

It's not always that simple. Sometimes you'll go down right next to a landmark and blindness does very little, but imagine you're slugged in a random room on any indoor map and both you and your SWF buddies have blindness applied. If you're an experienced player you can get them in the right part of the map (e.g. "If the gen that just popped is south, I'm in slugged in a rectangular room with lots of beds in it in the north center of the map."), but good luck communicating exactly where you are. You won't be able to tell your teammate if they're going in the wrong direction because you can't see their aura, so you could waste a lot more time with any miscommunication. The killer also probably isn't that far away from the slug, and sending people sprinting inefficiently towards the slug could risk feeding the killer pressure.

And this is if you're playing in a SWF on comms that knows what it's doing. It's obviously way more disruptive if you're just in a two-man or three-man and your rando teammate(s) get slugged, for example, or if you're a newer player and don't know the maps well enough to be able to really call out where you are (or if your teammate is newer and can't follow your directions), or if you're not on comms at all.

Edit: It's not just indoor maps either. The same could apply to someone out in the corn on a map like Rotten Fields where landmarks are hard to come by, massive maps with plenty of similar-looking areas like Mother's Dwelling or Haddonfield, any reworked map that people haven't gotten used to yet, etc. These maps at least have shacks or other features that are easily identifiable, but they also have sections that are harder to describe.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

This perk is simultaneously actually very good and useless at the same time.

In theory it's a phenomenal perk, and sometimes it can be so powerful it wins you a game.

However it is a hex perk, so it's often broken, and SWF on comms can negate most of what it does, and hook black hole things still show where someone was hooked making that info removal pointless too. Overall it's unreliable but detrimental against solo queues if not broken.

It's far more powerful than knockout technically, but since it's a totem it's actually worse than knockout.

• HellDescent
    Options

That's why I mentioned lerrys as one of the maps they might struggle. Hawkins has a lot of landmarks. On top of that I doubt you'll get far with this perk once the first guy to get hit calls it out. And you don't need to see them, you just tell them where you are

• notstarboard
    edited February 2021
    Options

Good luck with that on Hawkins. Even if you have teammates who are good enough and experienced enough to know where to go if you say "I'm in the double pallet room", there are a lot of very non-descript rooms on that map.

You only need to tell them where you are to give them the directions, but if they misinterpret the directions or can't find you you won't be able to reorient them based on where they are. Your teammate will certainly find you eventually, but this is a game of seconds. If you waste 20 extra seconds searching rooms on Hawkins for a slug, that's basically a pop. If those extra seconds allow the killer to apply pressure to your teammate before they get you up, that's even worse; not only was the time wasted, but you're still down and the killer has a chance to snowball.

I wouldn't run it in a tournament game against top tier players, but it does damage at rank 1 against solos and SWF, provided the totem stays up.

Edit: And it also counters OoO, which isn't exactly common, but which is also a top SWF perk. Same for other SWF-relevant aura-reading perks like Alert.

Edit 2: I'm not sure how knowing the killer has TTS is an advantage either. Are you going to drop everything and search for the totem? If so, that's just more wasted time. If not, there's nothing you can do about it other than maybe pay more attention to the map layout so you can better use callouts.

• HellDescent
    Options

There is only 3 big rooms with 2 pallets one has a tank, another one has storage shelves and third one has nothing in it except lockers. There is a portal room, upstairs, a room with tank and single pallet, corner gens, hole and the map is divided in 4 lanes - left, right and 2 in the middle

You know killer has third seal from the moment first person gets hit which is beginning of the game when he has no pressure. Assuming you haven't found it yet while running through the map, you might need to drop whatever you are doing to find it if you want and then killer has 3 perks.

• notstarboard
    Options

You clearly know the map very well, but even the average red rank player does not. You need both the person downed and the person rescuing to be on comms, to not be getting directly pressed by the killer, and to understand the map to that extent to be able to counter TTS reliably for slugged survivors. Most teams can't do that. I have about half dozen friends who are red rank at least some of the time, and I'm sure not a single one of them would be able to follow precise directions on Hawkins. I also like to think about the map in terms of the hallways, aside from the two upstairs areas, so I could follow something like "I'm in a small room between the left two lanes in the middle of the map", but if you told me you were in the room with the tank and a single pallet, for example, I'd have no clue where you were.

I don't think it's ever a good play to drop everything and find a hex, though, unless it's something like Ruin/Undying and your team can commit to playing stealthy and not letting the killer build pressure as your search for the totem. Otherwise you're just sacrificing valuable time you could have had three people on gens at the start of the match.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

It's better than Undying, it least has an effect before it gets cleansed.