Apparently Chasing Someone is Tunneling

Options

Just had a match where everyone was constantly grouped together and the minute I hooked someone they would unhook. Of course most of them had Dead Hard except one. They kept trying to bodyblock and would never leave the hook so forced me to camp. Finally downed the one who didn’t have dead hard and killed him. Everyone else escaped. Think they were a team cause I could never find them for the longest. Also I’m low level Killer 13. Getting ranked with sweaty tryhard reds. The one I killed messaged me accusing me of tunneling and I need to get skills. It’s not my fault they all hovered around the hook and I couldn’t leave. I seriously wanted to DC cause it was the swamp, everything was dark and all everyone do was crouch. I only get one kill and I get hate for it. And of course these survivors were toxic. Constantly tbagging and such. I managed to hook and chase others so I wasnt tunneling. I mostly camped the dude during endgame cause they were constantly around me. All of them.

It made me feel like a loser honestly. They had all the advantages in this match and I had practically none. I was the Huntress. I can throw a hatchet....yay. Honesty doesn’t make me want to play Killer anymore.

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Just ignore the after game chatter. Who cares about some nameless, faceless idiot quacking on the internet?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Dont worry someone legit said I tunnled the entire team and then proceeded to make babby noises they were also at least 25 to 30 it was that obvious

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

He feels contempt for you, which is why he tried to bully you all game. Now he's embarrassed that he lost to someone he feels contempt for, so he tried to take the kill away from you by saying that it wasn't legitimate. It totally was a legitimate kill, and you have nothing to feel ashamed of.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

Do not feel bad, you did what you had to do. You say he sent you a message so I suppose you are on console? Turn messages and friend requests off. And remember.... The words camping and tunneling are used extremely loosely and 99% it's just not true, so never take it personally.

I love how survivors act like this and then complain about the long queu times :/

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Don't worry bud you did great. If it bothers you just turn off chat:) see you in the fog.

• crow13312013
    crow13312013 Member Posts: 61
    Options

When I first started they said that to me to chasing someone isn't tunneling they just got mad cuz you killed them😂

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122
    Options

No one can blame you for feeling this way, but you played fair from what it sounds like they did as survivors.

Usually the killer role can be stressful because sometimes you want both sides to have a good time, but it almost never happens.

But when it does - those moments are great.

Some people are butthurt, and some are here to have fun - it's up to you to decide if you want to keep on in this game and no one will blame you for leaving.

• Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 179
    Options

Hitting someone is against the rules, I'm surprised the survivors didn't report you and talk about how you need to be banned for hitting them.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

I at least wanted one pity kill. Everyone but one survivor had dead hard and the other three were trying their hardest to shield him. And the one person I managed to kill sends me hate messages. Cant win no matter what lol

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    Options

if that was red rank party vs R13 killer it was Matchmakers fault, not deadhards or theirs (for trying to save their friend), just move on (you cant fight it)

if they were that altruistic i dont see the issue(huntress exceeds in chain hitting),

also in your mind deadhard is godlike perk that makes survivors permamently unkillable xd (thats not the case especially since desync is huge),

about them being ...holes there is bunch of ppl like that(and i love killing them) but if you were tunneling their friend 1st (imo its kinda normal for them to Tbag i do that too, if killer is focus 1 surv im gonna taunt you to change focus or trigger you),

and i have question about your logic, you hate Deadhard (you didnt mentioned other perk, and DH was mentioned bunch of times) why your primary goal was to kill only person that isnt using perk you hate hmmm, if someone is using OoO im killing them 1st, if someone is forcing DS on me(locker on my face), im killing them 1st

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I don’t hate dead hard but the match was in endgame and I haven’t managed to kill one yet, any of the people using that perk would be a waste of my time. So I went for the one who didn’t have it

• DocOrtiz
    DocOrtiz Member Posts: 4
    Options

Nope nope nope, i play both killer and survivor alot and the killer has the speed and weapons. If you cant use the huntresses ax then thats a personal problem and you just have to practice with them. Right now the hit box is broken and killer has all the advantage. Its not even worth being the survivor right now. Dont complain about a game that greatly favors the killer cuz you haven't practiced with a certain killer.

• OopsAllMyers
    OopsAllMyers Member Posts: 14
    Options

Remember kids, some people think downing a survivor before the exit gate opens is Tunneling.

• Deathslinger_Main
    Deathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75
    Options

If you don't like dead hard, as a killer, walk behind them for 2-3 seconds, and then swing, don't lunge. 9/10 they will waste their dead hard and you get an easy down. As far as "camping", the only time you can be blamed for camping is when they did not do anything to you and you just want to ruin their day. Trust me, learn to bait the dead hard, and as a rank 2 killer main, dead hard no longer bothers me.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I hate matches like that. You as a killer are trying to do your best, but the sweaty survivors just want to be toxic, bodyblocking all the time, tbagging, flashlight saving or clicking. There is a difference between trying to help a fellow survivor because you are near and can do that and just being toxic, not leaving the hook and trying your best to make the killer miserable.

I think sometimes people forget that they are playing with other humans, who have feelings. The fact that a lot of people only play one role also makes matters worse. While you can't just let the other side win and do nothing, sometimes people need to stop and think when things are too much and if you were playing the other role, you would like people to do the same to you that you are doing to someone else.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,653
    Options

Bullying and dog piling that makes you feel like trash for playing a video game?

Welcome To DBD

• Raccoon
    Options

Anyone using DH for distance will have already dropped the pallet or taken the vault by the time you're within M1 range.

• MottledElm
    MottledElm Member Posts: 85
    Options

Wait, you mean you still were in the map after hooking someone? Don't you know that makes you a camper?

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

I'm a new Killer as well, not a high rank and if a SWF group of friends swarms the hook, make saves in front of my face and buzz around me like hornets I'm not going to feel bad about downing them no matter how much they whine.

I feel like I'm on a crash course of learning to be evil even though I started off playing survivor entirely D: .

• Abbatoir_Blues
    Abbatoir_Blues Member Posts: 47
    Options

Best advice I ever finally accepted, embrace, and now pass along--stop caring what survivors think or write once a trial is over. Unless it's "gg" or something else cordial or useful, it's meaningless. If you can't just ignore it, change your settings so that random players can't message you, depending upon your respective settings. It's YOUR time spent playing a game you have every right to enjoy, so enjoy it. Use toxic swf's as learning experiences and then forget about them. They are among the biggest cry-babies on the internet.

• Abbatoir_Blues
    Options

😆 Lingering long enough to simply ring my Wraith bell has earned me the accusation of camping. I laugh and recommend the accusers look up the definition and shatter their delicate, eggshell minds with the revelation that it is completely permissible for me to do it, should I choose to.

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326
    Options

I had to completely disassociate myself from feeling bad about survivors after trying to be 'nice' and play 'fair'. People will get upset about ANYTHING and I had to decide if that was going to bother me or if I was going to have fun despite their reactions. Run the perks and addons that make the game fun for you then go out and have fun! I remember that feeling of being disrespected and 'feeling like a loser'. I have to remember that I determine the way that I feel, not invisible children on a video game. I've only got 200 hrs in the game but I've played long enough to know who I'm good with (Spirit, Doctor, Bubba) and I'll go to those when I'm in need of a solid match.

Practice has helped me get much better and watching players who are better than me who also explain the tactics have helped TREMENDOUSLY!! I would recommend Tru3Ta1ent on Twitch and there are plenty more, but he's my favorite. Mind games help, knowledge of the maps help and knowing how to counter the behavior you've experienced helps. This comes with experience, practice and research. You'll get there if you stick with it, and it is SOOO worth it when you down those mothers who are being toxic and then rage in post-game chat. As long as you're having fun, keep having fun. I try to be helpful and explain things as I play killer. As I said, I'm only 200 hrs in but I'm a teacher IRL and that helps me explain things as I go and some people have said that they enjoy that aspect of my stream. Feel free to say hello and ask questions and we'll figure it out together if you're interested, https://www.twitch.tv/professorgameandtalk See you in the fog!!

• Abbatoir_Blues
    Options

Excellent job of entirely not getting OP's point--which was that a swf survivor accused him of camping/tunneling when they were swarming a hook. He didn't whine about his hatchet-throwing; he simply sarcastically acknowledged it as Huntress' primary power and he's not responsible for an update bug that has hit boxes out of whack. Is he supposed to not play killer, until the issue is resolved? For someone who claims to play both survivor and killer, you certainly seem in a hurry to invalidate his point and defend the behavior that inspired his post.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Turn off messages for this game always. And ignore mindset of how you think the survivors want you to play. If you want to tunnel or camp just do it. The killer is not supposed to be Mr Nice guy and survivors are so often "toxic" themselves so ignore their "rules" and just play.

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

My friend thinks tunneling is slugging

• Dragonshensi
    Options

thanks. I know her hatchets are tough to do. I have been looking up tips and have even placed a mark on my screen to show where she likely throws her axe to help with aim. Even then hatchet is useless if all of them are constantly around you swarming the hook and body blocking. Have to resort to just hitting.

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I’ve actually watched a few of his videos. But unless I buy the DLC characters or spend a lot for the perks I won’t be able to even run half decent perks as is. I’m a relatively new player so I don’t want to jump right off the bat sinking boatloads of money on DLC. Especially since I’ve only been playing two months.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

I don’t really understand what happens. You was struggling to find them hiding in bushes, but also they were all grouped up and unhooking straight away?

Anyway whatever happened if this honestly gets to you then the best advice I could say is not to play this game, it’s toxic af and will only get worse. Or just stick to playin survivor SWF. Mental health is more important than a game

• ProfGameAndTalk
    ProfGameAndTalk Member Posts: 326
    Options

I COMPLETELY get that. Thankfully, with consistent play over time you can get several of the DLC characters for 9k iridescent shards apiece. That's how I got legion and Blight, plus when they are on sale I believe the killers are only $3 or $3.50. I was enjoying the game so much that I took the plunge over the holidays and got several killers when they were on sale. Until then, practice and map knowledge as well as game sense can still be honed over time, and I've found those to be the most valuable things for me. GL!!

• Dragonshensi
    Options

I was in the swamp area. They were constantly sneaking around 2 to a group it seems. One or two were Claudettes cause of course. I would hook someone while the other hid and then they would immediately unhook and hide. At the endgame when I finally hooked one they all came running to unhook and swarmed me

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 306
    Options

When I play survivor I give it a couple seconds before I save someone off hook so the killer has chance to leave the hook and go pressure gens. My definition of tunneling is when a survivor is hooked and the killer comes straight back to the hook and chases the unhooked survivor and ignores everything else. However if you didn't camp the hook and the saved infront of you they were being very greedy so there's blame on those survivors for making silly plays.

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2021
    Options

As a survivor main I can happily reassure you that what you were doing was not tunneling. They were just blaming you for their own shortcomings. Tunneling is singling out a single player like the others don't exist. Other survivors could get in a tunneler's way and get downed but be left in the dirt because they only focus the one target. Is it against the rules? No. Is it a guranteed fool proof way to win? No. There have been no rules about tunneling. The counter play has no happy medium on balance so this is gonna be a struggle.

• mello_mel
    mello_mel Member Posts: 4
    Options

This is really what makes it so difficult some times to play killer. Just the pure amount of one sided hatred or judgement from the way you play.

Makes me wish even more that we had an Unranked mode.

• Raccoon
    Options
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,513
    Options

If you're playing killer, you must have tunneled at some point in the match, according to survivors.