billy mains, please help.

Options

im currently in a game at lrys and have quit. these survivors dont seem like they know what there doing but neither do i. how do i play billy on this map?. ps when i finished this dicussion the finished lol.

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

My best bit of advice is play hit and run on any inside map. M1 them and move on. If you're confident in your skills with Hillbilly, rev your chainsaw to 99 and just before you round the corner where they are, use it. You turn extremely fast at the very start of a chainsaw dash. Only do this if you're extremely close to them however as this map has alot of corners and windows they can use to get away from you.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Just use your chainsaw as a chase tool and become 115% limp billy

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You're essentially an M1 killer on indoor maps with any mobility killer. Billy is no exception. You're not gonna get many chainsaws, but you can use it for mobility around the outside of the map. There are *some* things you can do at certain areas with engravings like the office area where basement can be, or those loops near the exits, but apart from that you're not gonna get any kind of curve or chainsaw on a survivor that's paying attention because there's a window or tight corner every 3 seconds. The loops are too short and Billy doesn't move fast enough.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

You can use your chainsaw sprint on the edge of the map for mobility as they are just straight lines. Other than that, there isn’t a whole lot of places to reliably move fast around that map. You can definitely sneak up on a lot of people especially if you have things like Dark Devotion or Tinkerer which are really good for both chainsaw killers.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121
    edited February 2021
    Options

Are you decent as a flickbilly? If so there are actually a decent amount of loops which you can curve. Many of the loops which have plants on top of them in the small rooms are easy downs if you know how to curve. If not, just m1 most of the time, backrev when you get the chance, and use the long hallways for mobility. M1 on lery's isn't the end of the world given that most survivors don't know how to run it well.

Decent places to curve include the library, the big bathroom, the big waiting room, both loops near the exit gates, and many pallets scattered across the map.

Lery's gets a bad rep on billy, but it's definitely still playable.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Yikes that map is awful. You really need to be patient with the chainsaw with all the windows. And doorways. And mobility with the chainsaw you gotta move to the long hallways.

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306
    Options

If you dont know what youre doing,you need to get alot better. Billy takes alot of skills and time to get good with him, thats why only a few people play him. I 3-4k 90 % of my games im a billy main and on larys i still play like i would do on other maps, use good addons on him and it will take you at least 2 months of play time to understand how hillbilly works. Trust me once youre good with him you wouldn’t play any other killers

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

my advice is sniff their as$ with your chainsaw and use instant win

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306
    Options

I would say that I know how to flick and curve. But I really don't know when it where is the best moment or place. Thanks for the info on which loops are curvable

I have a lot of game knowledge from the previous 2 years. I used to play him a lot when I was more on console for the first year. But I'm willing to learn him on PC. I would say I know how to flick. But not when to. That's what I need to learn.

What addons do you recommend?

I don't really have any good ones and don't know what ones I should be aiming for in the blood web.

Hopefully I don't get addicted though. Still wanna play nurse and blighty boy.

Yeah I need to learn to back rev more. I keep getting the mindset of "that's what a bad Billy does" but I know very well it's not. Gotta learn to back rev. As for instasaw, I plan on when I at least learn to be good with him I'll play without addons, as I do with other killers, And it'll mess with my muscle memory. Thanks tho you reminded me that I should be back revving more.

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306
    Options