Why Is Hex Ruin Spawning Next To Survivors?

It's a continuous race every game trying to make it to my Hex Ruin to see if anyone is working on it. As you can see from the link, I finally decided to show the absurd and difficult grind it takes for survivors to find my Hex Ruin.

I'm obviously being sarcastic, the Hex Ruin totem has been spawning closer and closer to survivors with each match, it's pathetic. Am I the only one facing this issue?
What a joke.

I'm a new player and I was 1 pip away from being Rank 1. This match just ruined it.

https://youtu.be/lYvn1K1UjB4

Comments

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Nope. You’re not alone. It happens to everyone. The devs have claimed to fix totem placement but it’s still messed up.
  • Raquiem
    Raquiem Member Posts: 10

The real question is why are you using Ruin and NOED?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's always been like this as far as I know. I believe the devs have said they were planning on working on totem spawns and in general how hex perks work maybe. Hex Perks have always been a high gamble, sadly.
    If at least totems wouldn't spawn right at generators or right next to survivors that would already be quite the improvement. They should have more spawn places where totems are a bit better hidden and survivors have to search for the totem a bit, not spawning on them directly and finding them without even searching for them.

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

What if Hex Totems didn't activate until one Gen was done o.o

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657
    I just had this happen a couple of games so started after my totem to see if anyone spawned by it and by the time I got there it was gone and someone was on the fen right meet to it as well looks like it was going to be a 3 perk game 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Hex:Pretty Good Job

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

An easy fix is for them not to activate until the perk has been activated, a survivor being hooked, a survivor getting a skillcheck on a gen, etc.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@KillJiggy said:
    An easy fix is for them not to activate until the perk has been activated, a survivor being hooked, a survivor getting a skillcheck on a gen, etc.

Would prefer the devs to not take a cookie cutter approach to this problem. Totem RNG needs to be seriously looked at. Where it spawns, how it spawns in relation to survivors and generators, overall visibility etc. There is not a one size fits all for this problem especially since there is so much RNG associated with it.

• KillJiggy

@SadonicShadow said:

@KillJiggy said:

Would prefer the devs to not take a cookie cutter approach to this problem. Totem RNG needs to be seriously looked at. Where it spawns, how it spawns in relation to survivors and generators, overall visibility etc. There is not a one size fits all for this problem especially since there is so much RNG associated with it.

Well i just meant that as a quick easy fix that could potentially be implemented in the next patch lol.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Here's a quick and easy fix: totems shouldn't glow at all. Survivors want to rush the game? better get good at those great skillchecks or risk getting 1shot by devour hope then.

• KillJiggy

@MhhBurgers said:
    Here's a quick and easy fix: totems shouldn't glow at all. Survivors want to rush the game? better get good at those great skillchecks or risk getting 1shot by devour hope then.

mmmmm no thanks

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Cuz of RNG.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@MhhBurgers said:

Then survivors will jsut break all totems they see.
    Killers who cry about hex perks will still cry. Not gonna fix anything.
    I had a game today in which the poor killer didn't even get to use their NOED cuz we broke all the totems.

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

If they aren't going to fix totem spawning, then they need to revert the change that keeps survivors from spawning next to the killer.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Because hex totems have been a pretty good job by BHVR.

Do I need to say more?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Because RNG likes doing this to killers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXhysmMNhE

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

In my opinion they should rework how hexes work, to make them more viable.

First thing they should change - all totems start as a dull totem, if a hex perk effect triggers and it's not placed on the map, then it should immediate select one of the still standing totems that is furthest away from the survivors and apply the hex in question to it.
    --> This would seemingly fix bad placement spawn issue.

Second, I think they should also allow for is replacing of cleansed totems - giving certain hex totems more usability.

Third, those hex perks that requires an effort to build up tokens to make them usable during the trial, the kille should not lose the accumulated benefits when it's cleansed.

Fourth, make the hexes effects semi-persistent until individually cleansed - what is meant by this that for those where it would apply, it's not enough to remove the hex totem, those affected by the hex would still be so until individually cleansed.

Fifth, it should be possible for the killer to choose to interact with certain hex totem and transfer it's effect to the killer or the killers weapon.
    --> Example: Hex: Ruin is now applied to the main weapon where every survivor struck will be cursed with the hex and will require it to be cleansed before it's removed.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Or why not let u on clicking the perks let u place them on each map. So when it loads that map it loads the place u put it. And if it gets caught early it would be on u. Would mean they could be anywhere. But still findable if u honestly looked.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

@ReneAensland

If it makes you feel better, I had four games in a row where I spawned right next to the hex totem. The first three were Ruin... the last one was Haunted Ground and the whole team got hooked.

I was not popular.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237
    edited November 2018

Because devs. Or next to gens... the only survivor objective and they spawn your fking Hex Totem next to it. OMEGALUL

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

You're definitely not alone. I ran about 20 or so matches on killer last night while trying to use up excess Pustula Petals, and of those about 5 of them began with my hex totem being taken out in the first 30 seconds (give or take).

Just an idea, but how about allowing killers to fix their totems? Sure, you'd have to run back to it after it's destroyed again, but the necessity of doing so would depend on each individual match (and hex type).