Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I've had enough. This needs to be said.

2»

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited February 2021

I had plenty of counter argument; you lied and said you didn't read it (the novel). It was easier to pretend you didn't read it than answer the points I made. That isn't an uncommon rhetorical trick; politicians do it all the time, i.e. say they didn't know that, hadn't heard that, or haven't seen it yet. :) For the record I've already gone back and read your posts, all of them. It took me the time between my last answer to you and this response. It is an interesting litany of rage against Killers, and very "us versus them" oriented. I play both roles, as you indicate you do as well. The key difference would be that I play both roles more or less equally, whereas you indicate you are a Survivor main.

But you did ask a question, i.e. "why do we have a pipping system at all?" They created it as a placebo. You will note there is no official way to win in this game. Unofficially, 0-1 kills is a Killer loss and Survivor win, 2 kills is a draw, 3-4 kills is a Killer win and a Survivor loss. The DEV have pipping as a way of making people feel like they are making little strides. Rank is another way to make you feel like you are moving forward. MMR isn't even going to use Rank, and I would argue they haven't been using Rank for a long time already. In short, you can get killed but still Pip, and thus have a personal win. You can be killed and not Pip, but still earn a lot of Blood Points, and thus still feel you got a sort of win. All these systems are like the stars your teacher would put on your report card in Kindergarten; they are to make you feel better but are entirely meaningless overall.

Should these things matter? Sure. Would I like a matching system that is better than what we have now, and works more like you suggest? Sure. I'm simply more realistic and understand the hurdles. I've got my fingers crossed for MMR but I don't really believe it will work any better than now. I believe the "first in and first out" will remain the main factor in who we get matched with. No matter what, the matches must continue and the Que cannot be allowed to slow down beyond a certain point. That will always be the straw that breaks the camel's back and why the kind of matchmaking you talk about will NEVER exist here.

• Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 179

They are making you miss pips so when pip skins release next update people will buy them

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

You're not losing because of the UI or animations. In fact, you wouldn't be losing at all if the emblem system was working correctly. You'd definitely be pipping despite dying, it sounds like. The biggest problem in the game right now is the survivor emblem bug, because it persists even in the rare match where there are no hitbox problems.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited February 2021

The map bugs, broken pip system, game bugs, bad ui, bad map balance on new maps, busted hit boxes and lack of quality control make it a bad game. I mean are you really gonna just gonna stick your head in the sand? Mind you that's only speaking on the last update and not the longstanding problems in performance/game design/not listening to constructive criticism.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

bad team mates bro 90% of this games player base is bad

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

BHVR be running the Ruin Game + Make fanbase hate you any% speedrun

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

My advice to you is just ignore rank. Is not important at all since it gives you 0 rewards, is just a number and in most cases high rank only means you play a lot.

Pip system is kinda broken right now for both sides. Doing a massive 4k due to snowball and having a blackpip is like the game saying to you "hey, don't be this good because the system can afford you". On the survivor side, yeah playing solo is painful and like every team based game it relays on luck with the team you got.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

Criticism? Oh, the mods aren't gonna like that.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I agree that there should be more focus in fixing problems and releasing patches that don't break the game, instead of just releasing a new chapter every 3 months, which hads more characters to the game and usually more bugs too.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288

I think they improved a lot. If you all have problem than you most likely are not good at the game and you're blaming the creators for it. When you should lurn form for your mistakes. That's how I get better at looping. If you cant adapt to the game than go find something else to do. And yes some times I do have that problem with teammates that dont help but that doesn't mean is the dev's fault for people being stupid and scared half the time.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

While i don't have pip problems after this update mess (and not that i care of it anyway, rank means nothing) i agree with everything else you said.. Its true, they don't take community feedback as other popular games do, the ptb are just a preview of what they are doing rather than submitting bugs and ideas. And this lastest update showed a clear lack of professionalism from them. Although nothing of this is new.

But you know what is the most infuriating part of this? That most people are still playing the game like nothing happened and they are still buying all their skins and supporting them while they don't deserve it. Because of this, they will never change their plans, or the way they act.

Oh and its not like my life end with this tittle, after this big mess, i just moved to play other games. I just write this because one can't or atleast i can't ignore this ways of treating their community that not less important, feeds and pay their expenses.

But this is just my opinion, its not like i can't play the game in its current state, i refuse to play it in its current state because the update was a disaster. Obviosly not everyone thinks the same way because you can see the steam charts. But well, i never follow masses.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    edited February 2021

People said the new HUD and animations are trash from the PTB yet they still pushed it out to live.. they definitely don’t care lol.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

I agree.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

There really needs to be a health patch. We have chapters yet the games state is terrible at times. I think the majority of the community who play DBD would be in favour of content being paused in favour of the devs taking time and resources to fix major issues that the community are vocal about. BUT in the same instance if the company are making money it could mean that that money could be used for more resources and more staff who can help with the state of the game right now.

But in conclusion survivor is very hard to play right now with the current state of the game and this needs to be addressed and fixed.

• Ferrocious
    Ferrocious Member Posts: 2

this game is in a very very bad place. people are massively abandoning a sinking ship. With good reason. i Mean the game has been extremely stale but the grinding kept people busy. I no longer am part of this ship but i have played this game for a long time. I'm sad because it was my favorite game for a long time. I hoped they would chagne course but they just keep doing the same things. changing a HUD or the animations are not gameplay changes this game need. I feel releaved i'm no longer part of this because it has consumed me for too long. Anyway i'm glad a lot of people realize now there are better games out there to give attention to with a more modern team that cares about their community.

• Abbatoir_Blues
    Abbatoir_Blues Member Posts: 47

I count at least ten or more points OP makes, but you're somehow able to discern that his "MAIN" point is team-mates, aka poor match-making, and since the devs aren't responsible for the play quality of random team-mates, all other points are irrelevant? 🤔

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

Game is cooked unfortunately. Watch the video they put out. They said play something else lol. They have lost touch. Fans who play something else won't come back. So many have went to play something else and are done now. It was fun but Dbd just hit Friday the 13th status. A game to pick up once a year to see how awful it is. Here comes evil dead the game taking over Dbd spot. I'll miss what this game once was and I'll stop in occasionally to see how bad they've ruined it and hope for one time loading it that it'll have been fixed ✌🏾

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137

They do listen to the survivor community, sadly the small subset o lf loud toxic survivors who only care about escaping every game.

They probably think its really annoying but you sleep in the bed you make right?

• Moundshroud

Actually, I comment that the other points are fine. However, the OP directly links their dying to their bad teammates in that post. It is done multiple times. The other things (and there are not ten in the OP) are legitimate gripes but NONE of them have anything to do with the OP dying. There was nothing for me to say in regards to the other gripes beyond what I said. I answered the key issue, however, the one that seemed to have the most emphasis, i.e. the frustration at dying all the time, because of bad teammates. I am pointing out that there is nothing the DEV can do about that. The angst and passion of this post could have been directed at said bad teammates.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I disagree w this post. I don't think the devs should listen to this toxic community.

This community is full of entitled survivors who complain way too much.

I like the changes the devs make. It's weird at first but I get use to it.

But I do agree that the devs should stop changing things nobody asked for.

They should stop nerfing perks. They should buff niche perks nobody uses.

Devs have no control over ppl being all over the place.

Depiping is not the devs fault. I can breathe air and get to red ranks.

Devs are greedy yes. But this is not pay to win. It's pay to look better.

The multiple events the devs have in this game clearly shows they do care.

I am thankful the devs haven't abandon this game after 4-5 years.

Companies like EA and Activision would just pull the plug and let the game die.

I just wished I started dead by daylight earlier.

Also they should stop w the frequent updates. Just too much in a short amount of time.

This is my opinion, and I know ppl get worked up every time I post something. Probably becuz I speak the truth.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Hell to the yeah

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

You aren't the first and you won't be the last.

• Moundshroud
    edited February 2021

I wouldn't go this far. The DEV should (and believe it or not) do listen to us. The problem is there are so many garbage posts, written in a rude way, that it makes it almost impossible for them to sift the gold from the mud. The DEV are people, just like us, and it wears on them to get nothing but bile day in and day out. Just like us, they start to tune it out, stop bothering to read it, or give any weight to it because of the manner in which it is delivered. You will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. The old saying holds true today.

I think people should give feedback. I happen to agree with the OP on a few things. I just didn't have anything to add to it, so I only addressed thing I disagreed with. I would rather they take more time with an update and get it right. I don't see the point in a ridiculously short play test when they really aren't going to make many changes. Their playtesting should actually start almost six months out, and should involve Players they trust who have agreed not to leak or speak on certain things. Or they shouldn't bother with the public play test at all, because it sets this false expectation. Just because WE said something doesn't mean WE are right. Hell, the Forum-dwellers rarely agree on anything, so I doubt the info they get from us in those short playtests is of any value whatsoever.

I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy. I play the same game you all do, and I would love for there to be fewer bugs and unintended consequences. However, I'm also an adult who understands how a business works. I understand costs and labor. I realize that they push these regular, rushed update because of the cycles. They have to offset each dip, and doing so is only accomplished with an update. A lot of people on this Forum talk about the company like they are some rich Corporate villains like the Captain Planet cartoon in the 90s. That is silly, and they have margins, and costs, and overhead that we don't know (can't know). So I temper my expectations. I give them feedback all the time. I don't get offended if they don't use it.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

Shouldn't we be classed as the biggest investors with the amount we spend on cosmetics and dlc's? lmao

• Imagine_Milk
    Imagine_Milk Member Posts: 95

it just means lol and its just a meme. i watch a lot of zubatlel so I hear it a lot.

• Imagine_Milk

just means lol and its just a meme. i watch a lot of zubatlel so I hear it a lot.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I meant your nickname you probably forgot my question lol.

• Imagine_Milk

oh its a cringey name i came up with cause I'm sad lol.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I think it is interesting tbh. I never asked anyone about the nickname before. It really made me curios lmao.