Why did you remove some animations?

The walking slowly, crouching, stoping while running and changing direction animations are gone.. why?

can’t you just fix them and make them good instead of removing them?

Comments

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

my guess is they were the reason of this horibble hitboxes, and in my opinion the animation that we heve now( after the ricent hotflix) look way more smooth and a bit more realistick especiali crouch

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

I'm happy with what they did to movement this patch, it feels a lot more smooth now. Still doesn't beat old movement/animations but it's an improvement and i'm glad they have done something to adress that in this hotfix, was thinking we would have to wait until next chapter for any sort of adjustments.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

They were removed because they affected how the movement work I think, or at least how it felt.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

I only played for a few minutes and noticed the turning transitions are completely gone. They removed the crouching as well? Why??

I agree with the OP, why remove the transitions completely? They made the movements more fluid. The only thing I have had issues with over the last 2 weeks was spins. Could they not work on that without completely stripping out all the transitions?

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

The movement was horrible. Your character would actually do a pivot when you would turn the opposite direction quickly which stopped you for what felt like a whole second. That is bad. 1 second in a chase can be the difference between you going down or not. I think the newer players might have liked it but the veterans understood this was wayyyyyy worse than what we use to have. It feels fixed now which I am VERY grateful for. I like to run the killer, I don’t like hiding in bushes so clunky ass movement was complete BS. Now that it’s smooth again here I come killers 😁

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 552

It feels so dull now.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Do Survivors still walk like zombies when injured?

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Can you show an example of where you actually lost time or do you think this was just a "feeling" of stopping? If you don't mind checking out this video comparing old/new systems, it shows there is no time lost changing direction left/right. Was it a more specific movement pattern that caused a stop? The only thing I had problems with was 360s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVa7yJW5Ptk

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Some animatons were half baked or not tested properly, and probably thats the reason why. There was a lot of oddities in it and bugs like crawling really fast. Maybe it will come back polished in future updates.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221

Let’s hope for it!

I really liked the new animations

I agree that they were a bit bad for chases and not very fluid.

but they gave survivors a lot of “life”